Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
We are all Stuffed (Read 430 times)
Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

We are all Stuffed
Feb 7th, 2023 at 4:41am

This is it - the Fall of life as we know it.

All the things - computer chips - fertilizer - etc - that we need to sustain our life as we know it have just gone away because of Russia/Ukraine.

No more Computers - phones - food - party is over.

It was good while it lasted.

The paradigm just shifted

IP Logged

Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: We are all Stuffed
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2023 at 5:01am

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2023 at 5:22am

ziehan is probably right that we peaked in 2019.

if we really are going to do away with fossill fuels we are all going to be living a much much more simple life.

this may not be a bad thing

one thing that should worry the west is that places like russia, brazil, africa, and to some extent australia have all the stuff we eat and produce energy from.

europe has all the finiancial assets, the swiss banks, the financial districts of london, the power of the brussells and its regulations.

if things do go topsy turvey, you cant eat bank statements and share certificates.

urban rich folk could end up really screwed and thats most of europe and sadly, a lot of australia (which is incredibly urbanised).

it could be fuel and food are the new drivers of wealth.

not the wall street  money markets

a retunr to a simpler way of life

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2023 at 5:32am

Meh.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2023 at 6:58am

All the things - computer chips - fertilizer - etc - that we need to sustain our life as we know it have just gone away because of Russia/Ukraine.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2023 at 12:01pm

Boris wrote on Feb 7th, 2023 at 4:41am:

It was good while it lasted.

The paradigm just shifted

Now we're talking.
Turn it all off.
Then we party.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2023 at 12:41pm

It's like that already out here in the bush. We're lucky to go a fortnight without a power outage. I jot them down, we've had 290 since 2013, anyone who doesn't believe me need only call Endeavour Energy for verification. The useless National party is forcing us to live like the Aboriginals used to do centuries ago. We've got to honor Aboriginal elders, past, present, and emerging

I'm learning how to keep cockatoos away from my peach tree, I've got to throw a net over the whole tree, and I've got to do the same with my mandarin tree, I never thought there was any wild critters that would eat mandarins, but there is

We'll all have to live different in the future

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2023 at 1:04pm

Peter Zeihan is not an educator. He Youtuber, whose schtick is pessimism and cynicism for $$$$$. There is no balance in his monologues.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2023 at 1:44pm

Peter Zeihan born January 18, 1973) is an American geopolitical analyst and author.

Peter Zeihan is a geopolitical strategist and the founder of the consulting firm Zeihan on Geopolitics. His clients include energy corporations, financial institutions, business associations, agricultural interests, universities, and the U.S. military. He is the author of The Accidental Superpower and The Absent Superpower. He lives in Colorado.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Feb 7th, 2023 at 3:50pm

Boris wrote on Feb 7th, 2023 at 6:58am:

No. It is you and your people who are 'stuffed'.
You wanna play to America - then you play to the End of the World back there.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Feb 7th, 2023 at 8:36pm

Doomsday prediction number 50 trillion. Yawn.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Feb 7th, 2023 at 8:37pm

You still have more World Wars to go after #3 so don't think its over yet.  Grin

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #12 - Feb 8th, 2023 at 4:00am

WW III is on our doorstep for the simple reason that the two major paranoid countries in the world both imagine that not only are they under threat and even attack due to responses to their own movements - but that their potential foes - judging by their addiction to the fantasy lands of poofism and so forth - are weak and decadent and thus easy to push over like a house of cards.

The danger lies in their under-estimating their potential enemies - i.e. We Of The West..... and thinking that they can just do a Putin and walk in the front door....

I will, however - at this time - return you to the concept raised in 'Blossoms In the Wind' .... that of the little potentate not actually forcing a victory march down Pennsylvania Avenue (or equivalent Whitehall or whatever here) - something neither Hitler or Tojo really imagined they could achieve in reality - but of instead rubbing the nose of the self-important superior man of the West in the mud and humbling him for his impertinence and calm arrogance in being so good in reality as to produce all the worthwhile things of modern society...

Little dicks simply cannot handle that kind of thing - that deep and lasting insult exacerbated by the preferred choice of many of the little dick's women for the wealth and stature and comfort and security and (gasps) equality given by the man with all the goodies (they ALL prefer to come here - not remain there)..... hence the predisposition to wars of national inferiority complex (a concept designed by Herr Dokteur Professor Colonel Grappler himself some years ago) - which ARE the greatest danger to world peace and security and stability.  Look across any border of Australia...... well - maybe not Nu Zulland, but hey ... look West and North... mostly North West.... what do you see?????????

A lot of us are stuffed........ just not as much as they will be when they get too restive ... Putin's land war capability is limited... Xi's ocean expansionism is limited to the reality that his super-carrier has a life of about one hour in a full-on conflict.... and sabre rattling will not do the job...

Sleep easy at nhight, boys and girls - like the man said about the US Dept of defence limiting A-10 construction to 400 units - it's good to know that, given our government trying to get the sheilas into the forces in numbers, they don't really expect any real conflict any time soon....

Good night - sleep tight.... Auntie Digger will protect you.... just not by standing on a wall.... it's about 'career' and ' kudos' and 'equality', innit and is geared to a peacetime military ... all those sheila things .... as long as the lead flies in another direction....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #13 - Feb 8th, 2023 at 6:48am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Feb 8th, 2023 at 4:00am:
WW III is on our doorstep for the simple reason that the two major paranoid countries in the world both imagine that not only are they under threat and even attack due to responses to their own movements - but that their potential foes - judging by their addiction to the fantasy lands of poofism and so forth - are weak and decadent and thus easy to push over like a house of cards.

The danger lies in their under-estimating their potential enemies - i.e. We Of The West..... and thinking that they can just do a Putin and walk in the front door....

I will, however - at this time - return you to the concept raised in 'Blossoms In the Wind' .... that of the little potentate not actually forcing a victory march down Pennsylvania Avenue (or equivalent Whitehall or whatever here) - something neither Hitler or Tojo really imagined they could achieve in reality - but of instead rubbing the nose of the self-important superior man of the West in the mud and humbling him for his impertinence and calm arrogance in being so good in reality as to produce all the worthwhile things of modern society...

Little dicks simply cannot handle that kind of thing - that deep and lasting insult exacerbated by the preferred choice of many of the little dick's women for the wealth and stature and comfort and security and (gasps) equality given by the man with all the goodies (they ALL prefer to come here - not remain there)..... hence the predisposition to wars of national inferiority complex (a concept designed by Herr Dokteur Professor Colonel Grappler himself some years ago) - which ARE the greatest danger to world peace and security and stability.  Look across any border of Australia...... well - maybe not Nu Zulland, but hey ... look West and North... mostly North West.... what do you see?????????

A lot of us are stuffed........ just not as much as they will be when they get too restive ... Putin's land war capability is limited... Xi's ocean expansionism is limited to the reality that his super-carrier has a life of about one hour in a full-on conflict.... and sabre rattling will not do the job...

Sleep easy at nhight, boys and girls - like the man said about the US Dept of defence limiting A-10 construction to 400 units - it's good to know that, given our government trying to get the sheilas into the forces in numbers, they don't really expect any real conflict any time soon....

Good night - sleep tight.... Auntie Digger will protect you.... just not by standing on a wall.... it's about 'career' and ' kudos' and 'equality', innit and is geared to a peacetime military ... all those sheila things .... as long as the lead flies in another direction....

"Any time" as a qualifier of a period that will be "soon" is redundant. "Soon" is a very brief period by its definition. To divide it up into smaller units is pointless.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Feb 9th, 2023 at 10:47pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 7th, 2023 at 8:37pm:
You still have more World Wars to go after #3 so don't think its over yet.  Grin

Yeah… because no one ever learns!
But then it’s all a bit of power controlism mixed in with wealthism and wanting it all in the now!

Why does it have to get worse before it gets better?

I read predictions in hundreds of years will have communities working together in the simplest form… to survive and to just be.

Wouldn’t it be good… if we could “just be”….now.
No more stress about which country is fighting another country with threats of nuclear.
No more distracting us from our run of the mill life.

I bought a book recently. On the coffee table… seems it’s taken a keen interest for those seeing it to pick it up and actually read it.
“No grid survival projects”

There were other books I would’ve bought but it came in digital form… I wrote an email to ask what was the use of that if and when we need to survive off grid.
Better a book to refer to.
But everyone is getting rid of books and doing everything online. That’s a trap.
Well that’s fine to learn online yet…. one day…. when it’s no more accessible….

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print