Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
China and USA Play Tit For Tat (Read 123 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
China and USA Play Tit For Tat
Feb 15th, 2023 at 8:41am

Using balloons 🎈🎈

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/world/china-us-balloons-airspace-10-flew-over-hi...

China says US balloons flew over its airspace more than 10 times in the past year

The United States denies sending balloons over China. "Just absolutely not true," says White House national security spokesman John Kirby.

BEIJING: China said on Monday (Feb 13) that US high-altitude balloons had flown over its airspace without permission more than 10 times since the beginning of 2022, drawing a swift denial from Washington.

China's accusation widened a diplomatic row after the US military shot down what it says was a Chinese spy balloon.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: China and USA Play Tit For Tat
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2023 at 9:21am

Ok back online again for a bit...

From the link in the OP :

Since last year, the US' high-altitude balloons have undergone more than 10 illegal flights into Chinese airspace without the approval of the relevant Chinese departments," Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said at a regular briefing in Beijing in response to a question.

Wang did not specifically describe the balloons as flying for military or espionage purposes and did not provide further details.

Asked how China had responded to such incursions into its airspace, Wang said its responses had been "responsible and professional".

The White House promptly denied China's accusation, which National Security Council spokeswoman Adrienne Watson dismissed as an effort at damage control by Beijing. "Any claim that the US government operates surveillance balloons over the PRC (People's Republic of China) is false," she said in a statement.

"It is China that has a high altitude surveillance balloon program for intelligence collection, connected to the People’s Liberation Army, that it has used to violate the sovereignty of the United States and over 40 countries across five continents," she said.

China has failed to offer "any credible explanations" for the intrusions, she added.

Earlier, national security spokesman John Kirby said in a television interview: "Just absolutely not true. We are not flying balloons over China."

The US Defense Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

China's assertion comes after the US shot down what it says was a Chinese spy balloon off the coast of South Carolina on Feb 4 after it had drifted across the continental United States for days.

China says the balloon was a civilian research craft that had mistakenly blown off course and accused the United States of overreacting.

In recent days, the US military has shot down three other flying objects over North America.

Wang said he had no information on the latest three objects shot down by the US.

On Sunday, the Pentagon said it had not yet determined the nature of the three objects - one shot down Friday over Alaska, one on Saturday over Canada's Yukon territory and the most recent one on Sunday over Lake Huron.

But it said the object downed Sunday had been tracked for nearly a day and did not resemble the alleged Chinese surveillance balloon that was destroyed off the Atlantic coast on Feb 4 after traversing the country.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2023 at 9:32am

Well ASIO was caught by the CCP for spying and the CCP sure did take swift revenge and this happened months before the Media told the public about it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2023 at 10:44am

The prevailing winds don't run East to West - this is all lies.  To get over China US balloons would have to start in Europe somewhere...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print