Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Me and the SAS (Read 264 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Me and the SAS
Mar 20th, 2023 at 6:46pm

I am not a fan of this lot as they currently exist.  Good men are being tarred by the actions of a few but the good men are not speaking up.

I began this Thread in DEFENCE but the Mod there buried it among a pile of other stuff.

I am pleased this bloke has been charged, and I suspect he will not be the last.

Over to the main stream judicial system.  The military mob failed.

Quote:
A decorated former SAS soldier shown in a Four Corners story shooting an Afghan man in a wheat field has become the first Australian serviceman or veteran to be charged with a war crime under Australian law.
Key points:

Oliver Schulz, 41, completed several tours of Afghanistan
    Australian Federal Police arrested the former SAS soldier at Jindabyne, NSW, this morning
    He has been charged over a 2012 killing during a raid in southern Afghanistan

Former trooper Oliver Schulz, 41, was arrested by the Australian Federal Police at Jindabyne in the New South Wales Snowy Mountains this morning, after a years-long investigation into alleged war crimes in Afghanistan.

In a statement, the AFP said it would be alleged he murdered an Afghan man while deployed to Afghanistan with the Australian Defence Force (ADF). 

Mr Schulz has been charged with the war crime of murder under the Commonwealth Criminal Code.

His case was mentioned in Queanbeyan Local Court this afternoon, where his solicitor made no application for bail. He has been remanded in custody to appear at Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court on May 16.

His charge, the ABC understands, relates to the shooting death of Afghan man Dad Mohammad during an ADF raid in May 2012 in Uruzgan Province in southern Afghanistan.

That killing was revealed in March 2020 by the ABC's Four Corners program, which broadcast footage showing Mr Schulz shooting Mr Mohammad while the Afghan man lay on the ground.

If found guilty, Mr Schulz could face life in prison.

From the ABC.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Me and the SAS
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2023 at 7:19pm

The more the ADF moved away from the British cultural influence and more towards the American influence - the more 'corrupt' they become.

During WW2: When it came to atrocities against Civilians like Murder, Rape, Pillage, etc - the Soviets were the worst. Then the Nazis and then the Yanks.
From these three - there was a big gap in statistics when it got to countries like the French and British and even Italians.

Brian is an American 'dog' like Albanese. Little wonder he cleared you out of there. He does it to anyone who doesn't suit his narrative. He's a gutless Mod with thin skin.

Those SAS wankers who tossed off about being 300 Spartans and doing things Yank style in Afghanistan should have all been brought to heel. But we know the ADF is desperate for new recruits because everyone in Australia really couldn't have a flying f*uck for warmongering for the Yanks.

China could invade Australia, but they'll only shoot the American loyalists. The rest of Australians would enjoy their company upon invite to piss ups and Cricket on TV. Sport is a Yellow thing anyway.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2023 at 9:18pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 20th, 2023 at 6:46pm:
I am pleased this bloke has been charged, and I suspect he will not be the last.

The Lib and Lab Governments should be charged also

We were supposed to help find Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice, not wreck the place and change the regime to a puppet "free democratic" Western style Institution, how long did that last? Only until the Taliban whipped us and sent us packing

We shouldn't have been there in the first place, is what it boils down to

Who are you going to vote for in coming elections? The same idiots that sent our troops to Afghanistan and kept them there for twenty years?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2023 at 12:18am

Australia shouldn't  have been in the Wars for Oil and Vietnam either.
For a British colony of Convicts, Australia sure does serve America like a dog on a lead.

America doesn't serve the Commonwealth and it certainly doesn't serve the United Nations.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2023 at 10:33pm

Anyway - our SAS (R attached) - isn't the same as the British....

I marched with 2 Sqn at the Homecoming March.... Afghanistan and modern life changed things a lot, and recruiting standards and values (different) for the reg.

On those videos Schultz hasn't a leg to stand on.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print