Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Teacher v Student Fight (Read 742 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Teacher v Student Fight
Reply #30 - Apr 14th, 2023 at 8:50am

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 14th, 2023 at 12:25am:
Dnarever wrote on Apr 13th, 2023 at 11:57pm:
When I was at school a boy in my class fought a teacher. It was his last day in education.

It was whose last day in education?

The Student was vanished, never to be seen by most fellow students again.

Next I heard he was selling drugs. He occasionally posts on a site I visit rarely.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Apr 14th, 2023 at 10:28am

Now wouldn't it be 'wise' for a 'kid' (because at 19 - they are still 'teenies') who finishes Year 12. To go out into the workforce and get some people skills with everyday life (and save some money for Uni) for at least 2 years - BEFORE they go to Uni to study to become a Teacher.

This would give the now mature adult future Teacher, not just People skills, but other abilities - like not being institutionalised and have at least 2 years where they have to 'think for themselves'. To understand the 'Workforce' - so as to have experience in what they will be preparing their future students for. I'm sure there's more.

This way, they come back to High School or Primary with their Degree in Education with much more character and ability to deal with students in a 'mature' way.

I could spot the Teachers who went straight from High School, into Uni and back into High School to teach.
They lacked 'personality' for one thing.
They lacked ability to think for themselves with that.
They couldn't cope with the personalities of the students.
They exhibited a lack enthusiasm beyond just doing their job.

When anything went outside the square of the 'institutionalism' they kept safe within - they could not cope at all.

"We tease him a lot, because we got him on the spot. Welcome back. Welcome back. Welcome back. Welcome back."

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #32 - Apr 14th, 2023 at 2:21pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 14th, 2023 at 8:29am:
That is not a sensible or final solution.

The fight ends when the other party is either incapable of getting up or is running away.

While they are still standing, they are a threat.

Children need to be taught that actions bring consequences.

If it takes a clobbering or two to do it so be it.

Besides, take a look at the "kid"
he wasnt a kid, he was near adult size and obviously a violent little turd who would be beating up on other kids frequently.
Violence begets violence, the silly little turd brought it onm himself.

The teacher should be applauded

The fight ends when either party is no longer fighting. And if either party keeps fighting beyond the necessary use of force to stop the fight, they are guilty of assault.

The teacher, by the looks of the video, does have the right to defend himself. But, if he took things any further, he deserves a reprimand.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Apr 14th, 2023 at 6:25pm

The legal 'self defence' is the 'one punch/push' rule.
You are legally allowed to punch your assailant away.
If the assailant comes back for more - again, just one punch/push them away. This can go on.

The other is 'restraint' holds.

The loophole is that if you feel like adding a few more punches, then you must not leave any bruises or marks.
So its best to be accurate with the 'bread basket' target.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Reply #34 - Apr 14th, 2023 at 10:06pm

The law allows a person to use whatever force is necessary. You cannot shoot someone who has punched you. You cannot punch someone back who has flicked you. You only need to use the amount of force necessary to stop the attacks from continuing.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print