Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Please Have A Safe 2023 Easter Break (Read 3095 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Please Have A Safe 2023 Easter Break
Reply #15 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:48pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 1:18pm:
Are you watching "The Passion of the Christ" tomorrow? I have the DVD. It is the only religious-relevant movie I have in my collection that I would be willing to watch.

Yep. We are!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #16 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:50pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 3:26pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 1:30pm:
The Romans used crucifixion exclusively for the execution of anyone found guilty of sedition against Roman rule.

They did not use crucifixion for common criminals, that is a falsehood made popular by the new testament.

That is blasphemy and heresy.

Ignore him. He’s a (closet) Catholic ie an atheist or a pagan.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:55pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:46pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:35pm:
The Romans used crucifixion exclusively for the execution of anyone found guilty of sedition against Roman rule.

They did not use crucifixion for common criminals, that is a falsehood made popular by the new testament.

And Jesus would not have been crucified wearing a courtesy loin cloth to protect his dignity. All those crucified were stripped naked.

More blasphemy and heresy.

I need to whip the Ozpolitic heathens into shape.

And another thing. When the soldier pierced Jesus' side and blood and water came out, that is proof of life not death - it meant that there was still vascular activity, so his heart was still beating. If the story is true, he was taken down from the cross alive, not dead.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:57pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:48pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 1:18pm:
Are you watching "The Passion of the Christ" tomorrow? I have the DVD. It is the only religious-relevant movie I have in my collection that I would be willing to watch.

Yep. We are!

"The Passion of the Christ"  is not on TV this year.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:58pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:55pm:

And Jesus would not have been crucified wearing a courtesy loin cloth to protect his dignity. All those crucified were stripped naked.

And another thing. When the soldier pierced Jesus' side and blood and water came out, that is proof of life not death - it meant that there was still vascular activity, so his heart was still beating. If the story is true, he was taken down from the cross alive, not dead.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #20 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:59pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:50pm:

Ignore him. He’s a (closet) Catholic ie an atheist or a pagan.

He's a heretic.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:58pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 5:55pm:

And it was not the Jewish Sanhedrin who turned Jesus over to be put to death for blasphemy because 'they had no law to put a man to death' - Jewish priests regularly condemned blaspheming Jews to be stoned to death.

He was arrested by Romans for suspected sedition when he entered the temple and disrupted commerce within the temple grounds.

The Romans approved of the custom of buying and selling sacrificial animals and payments of temple tax imposed by the Sanhedrin and saw to it that the trade was prolific as they got a cut. Anyone who disrupted the trade was dealt to by the Roman temple guards.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:16pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:10pm:
And it was not the Jewish Sanhedrin who turned Jesus over to be put to death for blasphemy because 'they had no law to put a man to death' - Jewish priests regularly condemned blaspheming Jews to be stoned to death.

He was arrested by Romans for suspected sedition when he entered the temple and disrupted commerce within the temple grounds.

The Romans approved of the custom of buying and selling sacrificial animals and payments of temple tax imposed by the Sanhedrin and saw to it that the trade was prolific as they got a cut. Anyone who disrupted the trade was dealt to by the Roman temple guards.

Jesus whipped the money lenders and turned over their tables:

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:26pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:16pm:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nI3hoXnFTno/S7f04JXudNI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/aIOU344qaq4/s1600...

Yes. That was his first and last political act. For that, he was executed as a seditionist by the Romans under the Prefect Pontius Pilate.

Pilate was chosen by Tiberius for the role in the seditious land of Judaea because he was known to be brutal even by Roman standards. Today he would likely have been diagnosed as a psycho-killer.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:28pm

And what was Jesus's last words upon the Cross where 'his' Jewish people put him?
"Wait till me little brother Hitler gets yas - yar bastards!" Angry

Saw a man yesterday, hanging from a Cross, arms wide.
Another bystander came up to look at the man also.
I said "What do you call that?"
He said "A rotten way to spend Easter." and walked away.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #25 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:35pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:26pm:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nI3hoXnFTno/S7f04JXudNI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/aIOU344qaq4/s1600...

Yes. That was his first and last political act. For that, he was executed as a seditionist by the Romans under the Prefect Pontius Pilate.

Pilate was chosen by Tiberius for the role in the seditious land of Judaea because he was known to be brutal even by Roman standards. Today he would likely have been diagnosed as a psycho-killer.

He washed his hands and sealed his fate.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:38pm

You know all Messiahs are Gay, Bobby?
Just like all Prophets are Rednecks.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:41pm

Bobby. wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:35pm:

[]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwtyn-L-2gQ

All Roman records of Pilate record him as one of the most efficient, brutal military seniors of Rome.

He was sent to Judaea to impose Roman rule at any cost.

The idea that Pilate would have wasted more than 10 seconds before condemning Jesus to death is another new testament falsehood.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:50pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:38pm:
You know all Messiahs are Gay, Bobby?
Just like all Prophets are Rednecks.

Heresy.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #29 - Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:51pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:41pm:
Bobby. wrote on Apr 6th, 2023 at 6:35pm:

[]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwtyn-L-2gQ

All Roman records of Pilate record him as one of the most efficient, brutal military seniors of Rome.

He was sent to Judaea to impose Roman rule at any cost.

The idea that Pilate would have wasted more than 10 seconds before condemning Jesus to death is another new testament falsehood.

heresy - he washed his hands of it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Send Topic Print