Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
the wrong referendum (Read 10936 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: the wrong referendum
Reply #15 - Apr 8th, 2023 at 5:45pm

He's got a point though FD.
Besides 'Sanctions' against Communist Countries. Nearly everyone was guaranteed 'employment' and education, qualification, etc.
Take those Sanctions (From America's doing) away and the USSR and CCP were productive.
No ghettos, junkies, living on the streets, crime gangs, drug lords - like in the USA.

Even now, Americans are swimming to Cuba for better health care.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Apr 8th, 2023 at 5:55pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 8th, 2023 at 5:45pm:
Besides 'Sanctions' against Communist Countries. Nearly everyone was guaranteed 'employment' and education, qualification, etc.
Take those Sanctions (From America's doing) away and the USSR and CCP were productive.
No ghettos, junkies, living on the streets, crime gangs, drug lords - like in the USA.

The CCP starved 50 million of it's own citizens to death by trying to feed them equally. That was not America's fault. The only thing they are good at producing is corpses.

And changing the subject.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Apr 8th, 2023 at 6:15pm

freediver wrote on Apr 8th, 2023 at 5:55pm:
Jasin wrote on Apr 8th, 2023 at 5:45pm:

The CCP starved 50 million of it's own citizens to death by trying to feed them equally. That was not America's fault. The only thing they are good at producing is corpses.

And changing the subject.

So they stuffed up with the 'Great Leap Forward' with too much emphasis upon Industrial Revolution.
Remember, China had to adapt quickly, or suffer more 'exploitation' and invasion from surrounding nations near and afar. USA has never really been exploited by Canada, Mexico or Cuba like China has been.
For better or worse, China is no longer being bullied and being a victim. The path towards this was never going to be easy.

Look at Britain now - just a Service Provider nation.
Let's not forget the many who starved, died and were exploited during their Industrial Revolution.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Apr 8th, 2023 at 8:26pm

Quote:
So they stuffed up with the 'Great Leap Forward' with too much emphasis upon Industrial Revolution.

They were trying to give the Chinese people their own food back. In the process, 50 million of them starved to death.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #19 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:14am

freediver wrote on Apr 8th, 2023 at 5:39pm:
Ah, my bad. I keep forgetting that every topic is in fact about your idiotic CCP propaganda.

No, are you dementing? The discussion was about the relationship between  welfare dependency and the gap.

YOU changed the topic to the CCP; and then were unable to refute my comments re how the CCP deals with poverty, other than via  welfare dependency which is  the Oz method.

So get back on topic...where were we... oh yes:

Me: "So you deny the obvious fact welfare dependency is forced onto people, not 'chosen' by them?"

You: "I actually agree with you, at least in this context."

but then you diverted the debate from getting rid of welfare dependency in Oz, to what is happening in China.

And then you have the sheer incompetence to claim I make every  topic about CCP policy, when it's YOU who is doing that, as shown above. 

Another example of your fraudulent tendencies in debate, using diversion (and eg, changing topic from MMT to privatization, sheer fraudulent diversion, which you actually admitted to ..."FTW"...).
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:20am by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:43am

Quote:
And then you have the sheer incompetence to claim I make every  topic about CCP policy

Not about CCP policy. About your idiotic CCP propaganda.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:47am

freediver wrote on Apr 8th, 2023 at 8:26pm:
Quote:

They were trying to give the Chinese people their own food back. In the process, 50 million of them starved to death.

That'll be chicken feed soon.

China is only a few years away from a demographic collapse, largely due to the one-child policy and the refusal of many Chinese women to have even one child now.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:49am

What exactly do you think the problem is going to be? People have been predicting dire consequences from low birth rates for decades, but all I can see is benefit. At the very least, the Chinese are unlikely to be starving to death again soon.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:55am

freediver wrote on Apr 8th, 2023 at 8:26pm:
Quote:

No worries. Plenty more of them, where they come from.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #24 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:01am

Communism is a classless system in which the means of production are owned communally and private property is nonexistent or severely curtailed....How is allowing individual groups Like Aborigines to have input into their own lives Communism Freediver....It is actually the complete opposite....Why do you oppose giving Aboriginal people any autonomy Freediver....Are you that self serving and extreme you cannot see any good in anyone you denigrate on a daily basis???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #25 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:02am

freediver wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:43am:
Quote:
And then you have the sheer incompetence to claim I make every  topic about CCP policy

Not about CCP policy. About your idiotic CCP propaganda.

You deplorable fraud: STAY ON TOPIC.

ie  enforced welfare dependency and the gap in Oz, under the heading 'the "wrong" referendum', no less...

Not surprisingly, I see most posters here at present are also happy to divert to criticize the CCP, rather than to examine the terrible dysfunctional Oz policy of welfare dependency  used to deal with entrenched unemployment and poverty , manifested especially in the gap (special because both cultural AND  economic issues are at play in the case of Oz blacks).
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:14am by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:13am

The topic is the referendum. If you knew anything at all about this country you would know what that means.

Quote:
Communism is a classless system in which the means of production are owned communally and private property is nonexistent or severely curtailed....How is allowing individual groups Like Aborigines to have input into their own lives Communism Freediver....It is actually the complete opposite....Why do you oppose giving Aboriginal people any autonomy Freediver....Are you that self serving and extreme you cannot see any good in anyone you denigrate on a daily basis???

It is explained pretty clearly in the article. I'll give you a hint: the means of production are owned communally.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #27 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:23am

freediver wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:13am:
The topic is the referendum. If you knew anything at all about this country you would know what that means.

Quote:

It is explained pretty clearly in the article. I'll give you a hint: the means of production are owned communally.

Where....In Australia what means of production are owned communally....Most means of production are privately owned....How is allowing individual groups Like Aborigines to have input into their own lives Communism Freediver???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #28 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:26am

Quote:
the wrong referendum

Maybe not the wrong referendum but maybe there should be multiple referendums.

There is no doubt that your referendum is fully justified but not so sure that it cancels the need for this one.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #29 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:29am

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:23am:
freediver wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:13am:

Quote:

Where....In Australia what means of production are owned communally....Most means of production are privately owned....How is allowing individual groups Like Aborigines to have input into their own lives Communism Freediver???

Huh Huh Huh

In the article. It is explained very clearly in the article. Why are you criticising it if you haven't read it?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print