Reply #45 - Apr 11th, 2023 at 7:05pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 11th, 2023 at 5:44pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 11th, 2023 at 4:53pm:
Are you?

no

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 11th, 2023 at 4:53pm:
I've got a good offer for you

no thanks, you're to stupid to do deals with

John Smith isn't sure what he is doing about the voice. All he is certain of is his ignorance, which he seems quite happy to base his vote on.

thegreatdivide wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 2:12pm:
FD is online, let's see if (and how) he replies to #36....

edit: after 1 minute, he's still connected...

2nd edit: FD still online for another 5 mins or so,

......but logged out some time after that.. ..and still no reply to#36; his incompetence and fraudulence  is egregious.

3rd Edit: just noticed a "reply" (in his post to another person) in which he claims he responded to #36; namely:

"I have, about a dozen times now. It's like talking to a robot or a parrot."

His  refusal to address, even once,  the issue of 'enforced welfare dependency' (which he agreed  was a  real thing) is easily seen in the relevant sequence of posts between him and myself, starting in #10. 

Once again,  FD proves himself to be a straight-out liar (as well as a fraud.... 'FTW') . Deplorable!

pollywannacracka?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: the wrong referendum
Reply #46 - Apr 11th, 2023 at 8:34pm

Grin Grin

Fd still thinks he's relevant.  Hilarious  Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #47 - Apr 11th, 2023 at 9:33pm

freediver wrote on Apr 11th, 2023 at 7:05pm:
pollywannacracka?

Merely demonstrating your blind mentality, and not even capable of attempting to deny your outright lies.

You agreed with me that welfare dependency is enforced not chosen (in #10), and ever since you have been running away from it.

Deplorable, ending with your outright lie in #38.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #48 - Apr 11th, 2023 at 10:24pm

Subsection 3 of the Constitutional Amendment you will be asked to give a Yes or No to, includes this recent after-thought"

"They are also intended to permit parliament to extend the powers and functions of the Voice as and when needed in the future."

Of course, that will not be included in the statement on your ballet.

If a government insulted the public with that clause in the USA or France, they would be thrown out, but here in Australia its just a matter of "she'll be right, mate." And this is on top of Republicans and their whinge about the despotism the Crown, and Australian self-esteem

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #49 - Apr 11th, 2023 at 10:42pm

issuevoter wrote on Apr 11th, 2023 at 10:24pm:
[size=12]Subsection 3 of the Constitutional Amendment you will be asked to give a Yes or No to, includes this recent after-thought"

"They are also intended to permit parliament to extend the powers and functions of the Voice as and when needed in the future."

Can you provide a link?

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #50 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 7:14am

thegreatdivide wrote on Apr 11th, 2023 at 10:42pm:
[size=12]Subsection 3 of the Constitutional Amendment you will be asked to give a Yes or No to, includes this recent after-thought"

Can you provide a link?

Just search wording of Voice amendment.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #51 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 8:30am

The only way to give the Media's Voice some action is to kick em in the balls.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #52 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 8:36am

Here is the proposal for the Voice referendum!!!

Quote:
Constitutional amendment
The proposed law that Australians are being asked to approve at the referendum would insert a new section into the Constitution:

"Chapter IX Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
129 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice
In recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Peoples of Australia:

There shall be a body, to be called the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice;
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice may make representations to the Parliament and the Executive Government of the Commonwealth on matters relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;

The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws with respect to matters relating to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice, including its composition, functions, powers and procedures.”

Quote:
In summary, these principles are:

The Voice will give independent advice to the Parliament and Government
The Voice will be chosen by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people based on the wishes of local communities
The Voice will be representative of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, gender balanced and include youth
The Voice will be empowering, community-led, inclusive, respectful and culturally informed
The Voice will be accountable and transparent
The Voice will work alongside existing organisations and traditional structures
The Voice will not have a program delivery function
The Voice will not have a veto power.

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.niaa.gov.au/indigenous-affairs/referendum-aboriginal-and-torres-stra...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 8:39am

The Voice will be spoken in English and not in 'traditional' tongues.
The Voice will be speaking the Media narrative: of Black Man getting sex from Whites in America, like Black Man getting money from Whites in Australia.
The Voice is Blacks 'colonisation' of Whites.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #54 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 9:50am

issuevoter wrote on Apr 12th, 2023 at 7:14am:
thegreatdivide wrote on Apr 11th, 2023 at 10:42pm:

Can you provide a link?

Just search wording of Voice amendment.

I only found the same as philperth2010.

Sub-section 3:

"The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws with respect to matters relating to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice, including its composition, functions, powers and procedures.”

Seems to me, if you are going to enshrine a voice speaking for "matters relating to aboriginals"  in the constitution, then parliament needs to have power to act on the voice.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 11:01am

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 12:14pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:42am:
Quote:
Why can't you spell out why it is Communism

I did. In the article. That's why you are asking the question. I'll give you a hint: the means of production are owned communally. If you want more detail, go back to the bit in the article that talks about the means of production being owned communally.

Why is this so complicated for you?

Why is it so hard to articulate your argument in a rational way....You could just copy and paste the part of the article that supports your argument....I fail to see what is communist about giving people a Voice???

Huh Huh Huh

They already have more than enough "voices" .....

what part of that escapes you?

Why should one racial group be entitled to an ear directly to the Govt and all other groups not?

And why should that racial difference be recognised in the Constitution which already represents all Australians.

We live in a Representative Democracy ... and Aboriginals are already well represented.

Anyone who says they are not is a delusional liar.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #56 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 11:32am

Gnads wrote on Apr 12th, 2023 at 11:01am:
Quote:

I did. In the article. That's why you are asking the question. I'll give you a hint: the means of production are owned communally. If you want more detail, go back to the bit in the article that talks about the means of production being owned communally.

Why is it so hard to articulate your argument in a rational way....You could just copy and paste the part of the article that supports your argument....I fail to see what is communist about giving people a Voice???

Huh Huh Huh

Why should one racial group be entitled to an ear directly to the Govt and all other groups not?

And why should that racial difference be recognised in the Constitution which already represents all Australians.

We live in a Representative Democracy ... and Aboriginals are already well represented.

How many remote Aboriginal communities have Government Representatives....How many remote Aboriginal communities have health care or education....How many remote Aboriginal communities have employment opportunities....The Mabo and Wik decisions gave Land Rights and Native Title to Aboriginal people as long as they maintain a physical and spiritual connection to their traditional lands....This is causing a problem when the services are not delivered and Aboriginal people remain on there traditional lands or lose them....The Voice will give these communities the chance to have positive input and make decisions concerning there own lives and needs....The current model is failing and remote Aboriginal people are not heard or considered by Government decision makers who do nothing to support these communities....The Voice will at least give the Government some input that is sadly lacking!!!

Huh Huh Huh 

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #57 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 11:37am

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 12th, 2023 at 11:32am:
How many remote Aboriginal communities have Government Representatives....How many remote Aboriginal communities have health care or education....How many remote Aboriginal communities have employment opportunities....The Mabo and Wik decisions gave Land Rights and Native Title to Aboriginal people as long as they maintain a physical and spiritual connection to their traditional lands....This is causing a problem when the services are not delivered and Aboriginal people remain on there traditional lands or lose them....The Voice will give these communities the chance to have positive input and make decisions concerning there own lives and needs....The current model is failing and remote Aboriginal people are not heard or considered by Government decision makers who do nothing to support these communities....The Voice will at least give the Government some input that is sadly lacking!!!

Huh Huh Huh 

Good reply.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #58 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 11:44am

thegreatdivide wrote on Apr 12th, 2023 at 11:37am:

Huh Huh Huh 

Good reply.

Thanks mate....It is easy to criticise when you ignore all the facts....Aboriginal people were not counted in the census (which is used to deliver services to the Australian people) until after 1967....Aboriginal people were considered no more important than animals or plants before that....History has a way of repeating itself???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 12:33pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 12th, 2023 at 11:01am:
Quote:

Huh Huh Huh

Huh Huh Huh 

Aborigines are given BILLIONS to deliver services to other Aborigines?
Why don't they?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print