thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Re: Jacinta's petition
Reply #135 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 7:58pm

Frank wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 5:24pm:
Massive boost: Jacinta Price, Kerrynne Liddle just what Coalition needs

The elevation of Indigenous senators Jacinta Price and Kerrynne Liddle into Peter Dutton’s shadow ministry is a massive boost for the Opposition Leader’s campaign against Anthony Albanese’s voice model.

Julian Leeser’s resignation as opposition Indigenous Australians and legal affairs spokesman allows Dutton to pit Price against Linda Burney and former attorney-general Michaelia Cash against Mark Dreyfus.

It never made sense for Leeser to hold both portfolios and the combination of Price and Cash means the Coalition can spread its resources across key political battlegrounds.

Price and Liddle, from Northern Territory and South Australia, are exactly what the Coalition needs. They are intelligent, forthright and speak from lived experience.

New opposition home affairs and cyber security spokesman James Paterson – a China hawk and close ally of Dutton – injects new blood into shadow cabinet.

Now the ABC won't be able to shun Price.

Indeed. And Paterson will no doubt be promoting his "China  threat" theory into the Oz mainstream, after Keating's recent ridiculing of it.

So more resources to the military industrial complex, rather than eradicating welfare dependency at home.

Which will make it doubly difficult for Price to close the gap, and end sexual abuse of children in black communities.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #136 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:02pm

Frank wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 7:46pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 7:44pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 9:47am:
Brilliant!

Nationals Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price will take on the Indigenous Australians portfolio in a shadow cabinet reshuffle announced by Opposition Leader Peter Dutton.

“I'm absolutely delighted that Senator Jacinta Price will take on the role of shadow minister for Indigenous Australians,” Mr Dutton said.

“Many Australians know Jacinta well. She's a fighter. She's a warrior for Indigenous Australians. And she's a very proud territorian.

“She's a former councillor, mayor of Alice Springs and small business-owner. She's always fought hard to improve the lives of Indigenous women and kids and we've seen that in recent days.

“She's done an incredible amount of work to tackle tough issues like the scourge of sexual abuse, domestic violence and the crisis in law and order in some Indigenous communities, particularly Alice Springs most recently.”

I'll be interested to see what she can achieve in terms of policy development while she is in opposition, regardless of the outcome of the referendum. 

Defeat the referendum.

And then what? The child sexual abuse and crime and alcohism - and  hence the gap -  will remain to be overcome.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:11pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:02pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 7:46pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 7:44pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 9:47am:
Brilliant!

Nationals Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price will take on the Indigenous Australians portfolio in a shadow cabinet reshuffle announced by Opposition Leader Peter Dutton.

“I'm absolutely delighted that Senator Jacinta Price will take on the role of shadow minister for Indigenous Australians,” Mr Dutton said.

“Many Australians know Jacinta well. She's a fighter. She's a warrior for Indigenous Australians. And she's a very proud territorian.

“She's a former councillor, mayor of Alice Springs and small business-owner. She's always fought hard to improve the lives of Indigenous women and kids and we've seen that in recent days.

“She's done an incredible amount of work to tackle tough issues like the scourge of sexual abuse, domestic violence and the crisis in law and order in some Indigenous communities, particularly Alice Springs most recently.”

I'll be interested to see what she can achieve in terms of policy development while she is in opposition, regardless of the outcome of the referendum. 

Defeat the referendum.

And then what? The child sexual abuse and crime and alcohism - and  hence the gap -  will remain to be overcome.

So what? ..... what proof do you have that the "Voice" will change any of that?

You don't have one iota. Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #138 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:18pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 7:52pm:
How can black communites be supported to become functional and prosperous, thus closing the gap?

Close them down and ship the residents in bulk to a central processing facility where they can be freshly outfitted with jobs and facilities and be sent to school daily - adults and young - so they can learn about Australia and how to get on there.

Indeed this 'Chinese approach' has its merits.

But Price is an IPA free-market among free individuals stooge......and both parties would reject it.

But more importantly,  there is the small issue of who would pay the multi-$billions required to bring your scheme to successful fruition?

Quote:
After that the recalcitrants can go to Aborassic Park or Gondwanamo Bay, depending on their criminal status of lack thereof.  The Deep Recalcitrant category can be shipped across the Timor Sea to a new haven via the Reverse Boat Offshore Opportunity Transport (REBOOT) program.....

Brilliant!  (poetry that is, not policy...)

Countries should be able to deal with their own social problems, not export them. 

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #139 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:21pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:18pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 7:52pm:
How can black communites be supported to become functional and prosperous, thus closing the gap?

Close them down and ship the residents in bulk to a central processing facility where they can be freshly outfitted with jobs and facilities and be sent to school daily - adults and young - so they can learn about Australia and how to get on there.

Indeed this 'Chinese approach' has its merits.

But Price is an IPA free-market among free individuals stooge......and both parties would reject it.

But more importantly,  there is the small issue of who would pay the multi-$billions required to bring your scheme to successful fruition?

Quote:
After that the recalcitrants can go to Aborassic Park or Gondwanamo Bay, depending on their criminal status of lack thereof.  The Deep Recalcitrant category can be shipped across the Timor Sea to a new haven via the Reverse Boat Offshore Opportunity Transport (REBOOT) program.....

Brilliant!  (poetry that is, not policy...)

Countries should be able to deal with their own social problems, not export them. 

Where they're going they won't need the dole and $100m a day to sustain them - it all goes into the program.... they line up for roast kangaroo and bush rat at 6 pm...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:23pm

They came from Offshore as the First Settlers - they can go back there if they don't want to be part of it...  Ban All Special Treatment And Retrograde Divergence (BASTARD) program...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #141 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:24pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:11pm:

Do attempt at least to keep up.

Everyone else here knows I regard the referendum as an irrelevence, compared with  finding and implementing the real solutions (cultural and economic), among which is ending welfare dependency.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #142 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:30pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:23pm:
They came from Offshore as the First Settlers - they can go back there if they don't want to be part of it...  Ban All Special Treatment And Retrograde Divergence (BASTARD) program...

A pity your 'creative' talents aren't put to better use; but then, Mussolini was a brilliant violinist, so it happens...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #143 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:55pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 8:24pm:

Everyone else here knows I regard the referendum as an irrelevence, compared with  finding and implementing the real solutions (cultural and economic), among which is ending welfare dependency.

Everything is irrelevant to you, except the one thing you start chanting in every single thread. But no-one can be bothered having the same conversation with a parrot forever.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 9:01pm

But you'll still vote for it. That's how corrupted your 'mind' is, parrot.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #145 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 9:26pm

Frank wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 9:01pm:

But you'll still vote for it. That's how corrupted your 'mind' is, parrot.

Thank you for telling me what I am going to do.

Only this morning I was thinking I would rather not vote, but then the ABC kindly informed us voting is compulsory...

Thanks again, you have  eased my mental burden...

But I fail to see how exposing the lies of orthodox neoclassical economics  -  with its systemic 'welfare' dysfunction -  is corrupt.

Indeed you may be talking about your own mind...

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 9:47pm

Down the shop today and there was a paper there with the headline  "One in ten don't want to vote"  .... not one in ten want to vote NO - but one in ten do not want to vote on this nonsense at all.....

The lady at the shop said that even the Aborigines don't want it.... for the reasons some of us cite ... it is only for the self-appointed elite ones - not for the ordinary folk doing it tough.

So piss this voice nonsense off and FORCE the government to look for better ways and actually DO something.

None of us want to see our brothers and sisters and little kids suffering.... I can only offer a Homeland and a Park and a Bay so many times....

― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #147 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 6:50am

Quote:
but then the ABC kindly informed us voting is compulsory...

Only for Australians.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #148 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 7:38am

freediver wrote on Apr 19th, 2023 at 6:50am:
Quote:
but then the ABC kindly informed us voting is compulsory...

Only for Australians.

Where the upcoming referendum is being held, do try to keep up....

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #149 - Apr 19th, 2023 at 8:18am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 18th, 2023 at 9:47pm:
So piss this voice nonsense off and FORCE the government to look for better ways and actually DO something.

I agree(!) (strange bed-fellows etc); but the problem is only the (divided) electorate can "FORCE" the government to do anything; and the governement is pleading "broke".

Quote:
None of us want to see our brothers and sisters and little kids suffering.... I can only offer a Homeland and a Park and a Bay so many times....

Yes but the government claims it can't afford it...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Send Topic Print