Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Jacinta's petition (Read 3741 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Jacinta's petition
Reply #30 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:09pm

Now the Media Politicians are going to use Sports Stars for the Voice.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #31 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:27pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:09pm:
Now the Media Politicians are going to use Sports Stars for the Voice.  Roll Eyes

Sports should stay out of this... personal views fine - but backing up with the clubs frightened to be called 'racist'?  Show some balls in football.  The two they kick around are the only pair there it seems....

Show a set!!

balls_002.jpg (70 KB | 4 )
balls_002.jpg

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:28pm

I'm waiting for some politically expert Music stars to join the sports stars in all this. Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:07am

Jasin wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 10:28pm:
I'm waiting for some politically expert Music stars to join the sports stars in all this. Grin

A few actors... they know it all....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:31am

Can't be short of a dollar - the sit-down money keeps rolling in:-

"The NT Government manages 85 parks, reserves and protected areas across the Northern Territory with 33 of these areas formally joint managed with Aboriginal Traditional Owners.

A percentage of fees on jointly managed parks will be paid to governing land councils on behalf of Traditional Owners."

https://www.miragenews.com/parks-pass-required-from-april-3-979614/

Another government suck-up.  When are they going to learn?

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:38am

Frank wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 6:25pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 6:17pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 6:05pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 3:59pm:
"The Voice" goes some meaningless way in addressing that, but it is a start.

Grin

Aussie, if Aborigines cannot even agree on whether there should be a voice, how are they ever going to be effectively represented by it?.

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone would be stupid enough to make that argument.  No surprise that it was fd to make it.

Cheesy

Why is it a stupid argument Thick As? I bet you can't explain it.

And it's a sad indictment on this forum that this is an actual question.

And validated by other posters!

Frank, old boy, one tends not to get 100% consensus on anything at all. Even the most obvious things have their nay-sayers ... fo all sorts of intersting and diverse reasons.

Were you actually hoping that Jacinta Price, a known liberal shill, being opposed to Voice somehow translates as disunity amongst ATSI people?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:44am

mothra wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:38am:

Grin

Aussie, if Aborigines cannot even agree on whether there should be a voice, how are they ever going to be effectively represented by it?.

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone would be stupid enough to make that argument.  No surprise that it was fd to make it.

Cheesy

Frank, old boy, one tends not to get 100% consensus on anything at all. Even the most obvious things have their nay-sayers ... fo all sorts of intersting and diverse reasons.

Were you actually hoping that Jacinta Price, a known liberal shill, being opposed to Voice somehow translates as disunity amongst ATSI people?

Well - why is it a stupid argument other than in Smith's mind and mouth?  There is no unity among ATSI people...... no nation and no sovereignty... you know that.  The locals here aren't voting for it for the reason it does not represent them or the real needs of those in need.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #37 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:58am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:31am:
Can't be short of a dollar - the sit-down money keeps rolling in:-

"The NT Government manages 85 parks, reserves and protected areas across the Northern Territory with 33 of these areas formally joint managed with Aboriginal Traditional Owners.

A percentage of fees on jointly managed parks will be paid to governing land councils on behalf of Traditional Owners."

https://www.miragenews.com/parks-pass-required-from-april-3-979614/

Another government suck-up.  When are they going to learn?

And even with this income, they hold out their hands for more and more money.

Great nation my arse, they cannot support themselves.

the only "Nation" on earth that ows its entire existence to people who work and pay taxes to a grubberment that gives them beggers money.

No self pride to try and make a go of it themselves, just hold out their hands and beg.

The aboriginal national coat of arms is a leech on one side a tick on the other holding a dole cheque up.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 8:07am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:44am:

Grin

Cheesy

Well - why is it a stupid argument other than in Smith's mind and mouth?  There is no unity among ATSI people...... no nation and no sovereignty... you know that.  The locals here aren't voting for it for the reason it does not represent them or the real needs of those in need.

I think you'll find most ATSI people support it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 8:19am

mothra wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 8:07am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:44am:

Grin

Cheesy

I think you'll find most ATSI people support it.

Perhaps so - but that doesn't mean they are a united group at all - put seven tribal groups in one town and they fight all the time.  The point is that regardless of how they may imagine some 'voice' will solve everything for them by handing them control and power (LMAO), it simply will not function because they are a set of small and disparate groups, not a single unity.  So it would be massively unwieldy and costly and achieve nothing of value apart from being eventually struck down for being a problem in the land.

Vote NO for sanity - if Albo thinks it's such a good idea, why does it need to be enshrined in the constitution to make it irremovable other than by a referendum or a revolt?  Why not just set it up and see how it goes..... like ATSIC, you know... well - because it's been tried before and failed and failed and failed..... so now the New Fascists demand it be put into our Constitution by taking the votes of countless people who are not even full citizens or have no idea since they've only been here and in ghettoes for a short time.  Why can dual citizens not sit in Parliament yet can change our constitution?  What form of madness is that one?

Silliest idea I've ever heard.... and 3.3% of the population and growing daily with hangers-on and other leeches won't carry a referendum... you still need a lot of fools to vote YES out of emotion and without thinking or without a shred of understanding ...

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 8:21am

You just keep repeating yourself, Crappler. All day and night long .. day after day, week after week, month after month.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 8:35am

mothra wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 8:21am:
You just keep repeating yourself, Crappler. All day and night long .. day after day, week after week, month after month.

You're repeating yourself.  Clearly you and many others need to be reminded of simple realities day in and day out.  You'll get it one day.

The single good thing that will come out of this voice silliness will be that Albo and Co (Inc) will wake the Australian people up more than Abbott and Morrisson did as to the very real dire straits our government and governance is in.... and the desperate need for changes.

You do not understand the animal political and its cunning - AlboCorp (Inc) is doing this to achieve that exact thing - to wake the sleeping giant of the people and get them to demand that government take some positive steps to settle all the Aboriginal problems.... when the people cry out for Gondwanamo Bay and Aborassic Park Homeland they can say - the people wanted it, not us...... we would never have designed Konzentrationslageren or sent in massive law enforcement and created a massivbe prison population out of them unless the people demanded it.... we would never have cut out and off all those duplicated bodies that currently represent Aborigines unless the people demanded it thus saving on the Budget.... we would never have enforced mutual obligation on them and chopped their budget down to the same as everyone else .... not us!!!  The people forced us to it!!!

― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 9:16am

Grin

Cheesy

Can you elaborate on this "unity" among aboriginal people that you imagine Moths? How does it translate to a single voice to parliament representing all of their opinions?

Is your effort to dismiss a successful female aboriginal politician as being nothing more than a "shill" your way of saying that her opinion as an aboriginal doesn't count?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 10:52am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 8:19am:
Well - why is it a stupid argument other than in Smith's mind and mouth? 

Because there has NEVER been 100% consensus on any policy by any race of people EVER so why would you expect aborigines to all agree on everything? You're a moron if you need that explained to you

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 11:12am

John Smith wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 10:52am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 8:19am:
Well - why is it a stupid argument other than in Smith's mind and mouth? 

Because there has NEVER been 100% consensus on any policy by any race of people EVER so why would you expect aborigines to all agree on everything? You're a moron if you need that explained to you

Do you support the voice to parliament John?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Send Topic Print