Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Jacinta's petition
Reply #60 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 3:06pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 7:05pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 6:05pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 3:59pm:
"The Voice" goes some meaningless way in addressing that, but it is a start.

Grin

Aussie, if Aborigines cannot even agree on whether there should be a voice, how are they ever going to be effectively represented by it? Has it ever occurred to you that they might not be some kind of mindless collective, and that treating them as such is actually part of the problem, not the solution?

I am not excluding them from this Referendum.  They all get to vote...yes or no.  Those that oppose it can vote no.  I'll just respond to the wankers who just ignore the important relevance of this thing, people like you.

Quote:
Would you support a white voice to parliament, which was appointed by the government and which you had no control over, that told the government what you think, on account of you being white?

Pretty pointless given that most of the MPs are white and none of them had ancestors who 'owned' this Land we occupied by force.

Quote:
Those are not principles Aussie, they are meaningless gibberish.

Sure Effendi...just because you said so.

Bleh.

You being obtuse or just phukkin stupid?

Most MPs are white????

You seriously need your eyes checked.

There are 11 Aboriginal Senators & MPs in Parliament.

Per head of population they have more representation than non Aboriginals.

And the non- Aboriginals are not all white either.

Can't believe you ever had a legal background.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 3:07pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 8:26pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 8:22pm:
Meaningless dribble.

Your speciality

You've out done him ... & Aussie.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 3:10pm

mothra wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 8:21am:
You just keep repeating yourself, Crappler. All day and night long .. day after day, week after week, month after month.

And you don't?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 3:12pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 11:13am:
freediver wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 11:12am:
John Smith wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 10:52am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 8:19am:
Well - why is it a stupid argument other than in Smith's mind and mouth? 

Because there has NEVER been 100% consensus on any policy by any race of people EVER so why would you expect aborigines to all agree on everything? You're a moron if you need that explained to you

Do you support the voice to parliament John?

I've yet to see any real reason to vote no.

Grin Yeah well ... maybe you shouldn't have a right to vote if that's how poorly you hold the Constitution & other Australians in regard.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #64 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 3:37pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 2:42pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 1:47pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 11:55am:
Jacinta Nampijinpa Price wants you to vote no, sign the petition, and share this on facebook:

https://www.fairaustralia.com.au/pledge

yes, "Australians should be one, together. Not two, divided".

....especially,  no group in Oz should be forced into morale-destroying, destructive welfare dependency, while everyone else can find employment.

https://pavlina-tcherneva.net/the-case-for-a-job-guarantee/

The Case for a Job Guarantee
PAVLINA R. TCHERNEVA

That's a load of bollocks that "everyone" else except Aboriginals can find employment. Roll Eyes

Lack of comprehension skills?

I deliberately wrote"  no group in Oz should be forced into morale-destroying, destructive welfare dependency.

'No group' means welfare dependent people regardless of race.

Which btw slippery FD agreed with, until he realised it was incompatible with this "freedom" ideology.

in his own 'the wrong referendum' thread;

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1680909737/39

see #10.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 5:11pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 3:12pm:

Because there has NEVER been 100% consensus on any policy by any race of people EVER so why would you expect aborigines to all agree on everything? You're a moron if you need that explained to you

Grin Yeah well ... maybe you shouldn't have a right to vote if that's how poorly you hold the Constitution & other Australians in regard.

Lucky for Australia that morons like you don't get to make that decision

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 5:13pm

[quote author=freediver link=1681005359/52#52 date=1681100376][quote author=John_Smith link=1681005359/49#49 date=1681092202][quote author=Frank link=1681005359/46#46 date=1681090629][quote author=John_Smith link=1681005359/45#45 date=1681089212][quote author=freediver link=1681005359/44#44 date=1681089122][quote author=John_Smith link=1681005359/43#43 date=1681087937][quote author=The_Grappler link=1681005359/39#39 date=1681078752]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you support the voice to parliament John?[/quote]

[/quote]

What are your reasons for voting Yes?
Can you articulate [i]those[/i], at least?

[/quote]

Why not [/quote]

Is it because you are completely lacking in principles John?[/quote]

No, if I was lacking in principles I'd call myself fd and run a site full of bigots

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #67 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 6:01pm

I'll support the already established Political 'Voice' for Aborigine peoples.

I will not support this Media induced rubbish Voice trying to undermine Politics in this country.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #68 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 6:48pm

[quote author=John_Smith link=1681005359/66#66 date=1681110782][quote author=freediver link=1681005359/52#52 date=1681100376][quote author=John_Smith link=1681005359/49#49 date=1681092202][quote author=Frank link=1681005359/46#46 date=1681090629][quote author=John_Smith link=1681005359/45#45 date=1681089212][quote author=freediver link=1681005359/44#44 date=1681089122][quote author=John_Smith link=1681005359/43#43 date=1681087937][quote author=The_Grappler link=1681005359/39#39 date=1681078752]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you support the voice to parliament John?[/quote]

[/quote]

What are your reasons for voting Yes?
Can you articulate [i]those[/i], at least?

[/quote]

Why not [/quote]

Is it because you are completely lacking in principles John?[/quote]

No, if I was lacking in principles I'd call myself fd and run a site full of bigots
[/quote]

Well - we know you're the biggest bigot from Biggera - who are the others?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #69 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:34pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 3:06pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 7:05pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 6:05pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 9th, 2023 at 3:59pm:
"The Voice" goes some meaningless way in addressing that, but it is a start.

Grin

Aussie, if Aborigines cannot even agree on whether there should be a voice, how are they ever going to be effectively represented by it? Has it ever occurred to you that they might not be some kind of mindless collective, and that treating them as such is actually part of the problem, not the solution?

I am not excluding them from this Referendum.  They all get to vote...yes or no.  Those that oppose it can vote no.  I'll just respond to the wankers who just ignore the important relevance of this thing, people like you.

Quote:
Would you support a white voice to parliament, which was appointed by the government and which you had no control over, that told the government what you think, on account of you being white?

Pretty pointless given that most of the MPs are white and none of them had ancestors who 'owned' this Land we occupied by force.

Quote:
Those are not principles Aussie, they are meaningless gibberish.

Sure Effendi...just because you said so.

Bleh.

You being obtuse or just phukkin stupid?

Most MPs are white????

You seriously need your eyes checked.

[highlight]There are 11 Aboriginal Senators & MPs in Parliament.[/highlight]

Per head of population they have more representation than non Aboriginals.

And the non- Aboriginals are not all white either.

Can't believe you ever had a legal background.

Is there some part of 'most' you don't understand Train Driver, retired?

Just for the Hell of it...for jollies..name those 11.

This lot?

Senator Dorinda Cox, Western Australia
    Senator Patrick Dodson, Western Australia
    Senator Jacqui Lambie, Tasmania
    Senator Kerrynne Liddle, South Australia
    Senator the Hon Malarndirri McCarthy, Northern Territory
    Senator Jacinta Nampijinpa Price, Northern Territory
    Senator Jana Stewart, Victoria
    Senator Lidia Thorpe, Victoria
    The Hon Linda Burney MP, Member for Barton
    Dr Gordon Reid, Member for Robertson
    Ms Marion Scrymgour, Member for Lingiari

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:44pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 5:11pm:

Pot, kettle, black DH.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:46pm

;D

Smith ... calling people names & morons & he hasn't even worked out how to post quotes without it turning into an unintelligible mess ...

just like most of the comments he makes.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:52pm by Gnads »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #72 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:48pm

This is why his new of many nicknames is '5-Dogs' (because he can't count either).

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #73 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:54pm

Aborigines etc already have all the voice they need same as everyone else.

They already have a higher percentage of representation in Parliament than their percentage representation in the community.

They are already enshrined in the constitution as Australians - same as everyone else.

They also have lobby groups, special representative groups with access to government, and over-representation in the press.

They have the support of Labor, the Greens, the majority of Independents, as well as a number of those on the 'right' side of Parliament.

What the actual powers and functions of any Special Voice are intended to be has not begun to be addressed.  The wording is vague, perhaps deliberately so.

Such a voice is racist, discriminatory and exclusionist.

It is not clear if any 'voice' has political voting power in Parliament.

Such a voice body would be an ATSIC or similar that could never be abolished or stood down for corruption etc.

It will achieve nothing that cannot be achieved without it, and at huge and unnecessary cost in money and disturbance of the democratic process

The intent of 'Aboriginal activists' is not to view this as the end result, but as the stepping stone towards the creation of mini-states throughout Australia, all bound by treaty to the Australian Government and funded by the taxpayer and any relevant business wishing to operate there.

It is not simply about 'Aboriginal issues'.  Any claim or demand by one group has direct effects on every member of Australia.  Similar to 'women's issues' and such these do not exist in a vacuum.

Depending on the model, it could mean permanent seats in Parliament for people who are only voted on by that one group (or groups) – those claiming Aboriginal descent.

To have a separate voice elected only by Aboriginals would mean that the current Aboriginal elected representatives are superfluous and should be stood down.

The claim to have 'never ceded sovereignty', means that elected Aborigines are ineligible to be chosen or to sit in Parliament.

44. Any person who –

(i.) Is under any acknowledgement of allegiance, obedience, or adherence to a foreign power, or is a subject or a citizen or entitled to the rights or privileges of a subject or citizen of a foreign power:

shall be incapable of being chosen or of sitting as a senator or a member of the House of Representatives.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:56pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 7:44pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 10th, 2023 at 5:11pm:

Pot, kettle, black DH.

That doesnt even make sense you idiot.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Send Topic Print