Send Topic Print
Socks (Read 8106 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Crocodile Hunter: Origins

Rockhampton
Re: Socks
Reply #135 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 7:26pm

Both my parents' dogs have their own beds that we bring in to the loungeroom. But, their male dog has taken to jumping up onto the loungechair and curling up to sleep. He is a big dog, and does not look too different to Socks. So, I wondered for a moment why Mum and Dad don't tell him to get off the lounge. Obviously, Mum and Dad have mellowed in their years, and their dogs are their furkids. Spoiled animals the both of them. It all started with the spoiling of the rescued kitten years ago. Now it has moved to spoiling their dogs.

At this stage...
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 8:01pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 2:45pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 8:29am:
Monk's an old man living on his own  and in the past has had idiots on here and fd's other forum make threats against him. No need for Monk to narrow down where he lives.  He's already said to much if you ask me. To many nutters on here.

Bobby was goading Monk into giving out his township, using that Antarctica heckle. From what little I know, Monk has been getting schitt from other forum members about some things. I cannot take sides in this as I don't know the story. But, I understand that Monk wants to keep his location a secret.

I, on the other hand, could probably be tracked down to my street, with what I have said online here. Facebook people know where I live. And I have been getting threats against me up until the year 2015. There are only 2 people (at least) that know my real name. And even if people did find out my real name, it would not matter.

You're not in your late 70s

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #137 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 8:24pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 8:01pm:
Monk's an old man living on his own  and in the past has had idiots on here and fd's other forum make threats against him. No need for Monk to narrow down where he lives.  He's already said to much if you ask me. To many nutters on here.

Bobby was goading Monk into giving out his township, using that Antarctica heckle. From what little I know, Monk has been getting schitt from other forum members about some things. I cannot take sides in this as I don't know the story. But, I understand that Monk wants to keep his location a secret.

I, on the other hand, could probably be tracked down to my street, with what I have said online here. Facebook people know where I live. And I have been getting threats against me up until the year 2015. There are only 2 people (at least) that know my real name. And even if people did find out my real name, it would not matter.

Is that supposed to mean that I am not as vulnerable for my safety?

At this stage...
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 8:51pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 8:24pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 8:01pm:

Is that supposed to mean that I am not as vulnerable for my safety?

Pretty much. You are more able to defend yourself.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #139 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 10:07pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 7:26pm:
Both my parents' dogs have their own beds that we bring in to the loungeroom. But, their male dog has taken to jumping up onto the loungechair and curling up to sleep. He is a big dog, and does not look too different to Socks. So, I wondered for a moment why Mum and Dad don't tell him to get off the lounge. Obviously, Mum and Dad have mellowed in their years, and their dogs are their furkids. Spoiled animals the both of them. It all started with the spoiling of the rescued kitten years ago. Now it has moved to spoiling their dogs.

To a dog height is dominance. That is why dogs should not be allowed on the furniture.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Jun 23rd, 2024 at 10:43pm

Quote:
To a dog height is dominance. That is why dogs should not be allowed on the furniture.

Yes. And especially never on your bed. Apart from being unhygienic,  that's where the aplha sleeps

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #141 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 2:57am

Yeah. I think the bitch thought I was asleep earlier (obviously not asleep) because I heard her moving a lot as if getting ready to jump onto my bed.

I did allow it for a while as renovations destroyed her routine but no more.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #142 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 11:25am

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 22nd, 2024 at 8:44pm:
Well, wasn’t thinking about whisky this morning and in fact never really think about whiskey at all.

I think I didn’t quite go past it because I hung a right at the roundabout and didn’t go into the town.

And it is Shene, Shonk!

I looked it up on Google Maps. I drove past Shene Rd. I also saw that the roadside stand is “permanently closed” and I don’t wonder at that—you have to go up Shene Rd to get to it, the distillery is not far up the road from there, bit pointless.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #143 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 11:30am

Getting back to the fun run.

Seems numbers at the last two events were a bit down. I have drawn numbers like ‘23’ a few times, meaning 22 dogs running ahead of Socks yet Westbury we were #10 and last Saturday, having gotten there after 9.30am, we were #8. Not sure why.

I think Socks has sort of become favorite dog there, not for her noise and carry on but for speed, concentration, determination and anticipation I think Socks is way in the lead.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2024 at 6:16pm by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Rockhampton
Reply #144 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 1:23pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 10:07pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 23rd, 2024 at 7:26pm:

Cats have the same psychology. My car gets muddy cat paw prints on the windscreen because the cat next door is scoping the garage for rats. It is also a way for him to show dominance. I can open the garage door and see the cat on the roof of my car. He will sit there watching me for a while, until I motion to get into the car. Then he goes. But, if I go under the house and the cat is roaming the cupboards, he will spot me and then run off. Sometimes I have caught the cat on security footage running off before I know he is there.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #145 - Jun 24th, 2024 at 1:49pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 24th, 2024 at 11:25am:
Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 22nd, 2024 at 8:44pm:
Well, wasn’t thinking about whisky this morning and in fact never really think about whiskey at all.

I think I didn’t quite go past it because I hung a right at the roundabout and didn’t go into the town.

And it is Shene, Shonk!

I looked it up on Google Maps. I drove past Shene Rd. I also saw that the roadside stand is “permanently closed” and I don’t wonder at that—you have to go up Shene Rd to get to it, the distillery is not far up the road from there, bit pointless.

It is now 'permanently closed' as it has been purchased by a large spirit brewing company not in the least bit interested in allowing tours of the place.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #146 - Jun 28th, 2024 at 6:15pm

Wow, lure coursing club is certainly having a full schedule—two events on consecutive Saturdays now one Sunday week!

You beauty!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #147 - Jul 4th, 2024 at 9:54am

Took Socks for her pee walk at 8.00am—an hour later than usual, Socks had jumped onto my bed and was comfy and warm under the thick woollen tablecloth that is the top layer of bedclothes which includes 2 doonas and a blanket and flanelette sheets top and bottom.

Anyway the walk—just a few paces. It was about -3°C at the time. Must say, my “tropical dog” (according to TVI™)) did not show a sign of cold, no shivering etc. She quickly squatted and pissed but that was because it was an hour later so need must have been pressing.

You can dress up for cold, can’t “dress down” for heat beyond a certain limit.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk

Dogs not cats!

Reply #148 - Jul 7th, 2024 at 3:01pm

Fun run today.

Not fun getting there {details in Critters and Gardens in my fine forum, not here with putrid poofs doxxing and stealing and blackmailing} worried about black ice.

A car I had been following at 200 metres distance pulled over then pulled in behind me—they wanted me to find the black ice???

Approaching Campbell Town on the Midlands Hway car thermometer showed -2°C and shortly after going through Campbell Town it dropped to -3°C. Never saw any black ice but had left my drive to the latest without getting to the meet overly late.

Bitch was noisy, jumping, pulling on the lead etc as usual.

Her performance on the run was brilliant, clever anticipation where the lure would go to next, lovely sharp cornering into the last straight—lots of whippets went very wide there.

Took some video of her second run, not the most successful but OK—on my fine forum only, sorry.

Scored a nice jacket with the club logo on it.

Still quite low numbers attending which is a pity.

Watching beginner dogs is always entertaining. Some must have low prey drive and hard to get them to chase the lure, others do well then realise they are away from their owners and run back to them halfway through the run.

Socks love to run, she LIVES to run and I am happy to give her chances to run really fucking fast.

Meet was in Ross, a nice town with many fine stone buildings: houses, council chamber, two churches etc. Also has a REALLY good bakery which was closed, and another bakery which is not too bad. Since we had both missed out on breakfast I bought a sausage roll for the bitch and a pepper pie for myself—bitch got about a third of my pepper pie, not really outstanding exemplar of that gastronomic art.

Passed Perth (Tas) both ways  Grin Grin Grin

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #149 - Jul 7th, 2024 at 5:38pm

So, she beat two German Shepherds?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print