Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Brittany Higgins may have lied (Read 2957 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Brittany Higgins may have lied
Reply #45 - May 10th, 2023 at 7:10pm

Jasin wrote on May 10th, 2023 at 6:49pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on May 10th, 2023 at 6:41pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 10th, 2023 at 9:56am:
Runs to the media after the trial is aborted to try to reinforce her claim. She doth protest too much.

Do you always take the man's side in rape accusations?

I'm just curious, because I've never seen you side with the accuser - you always side with the alleged criminal.

Like you do with Biden?

Who's been accused of raping Biden?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #46 - May 10th, 2023 at 11:54pm

Runs to the media after the trial is aborted to try to reinforce her claim. She doth protest too much.

I'm just curious, because I've never seen you side with the accuser - you always side with the alleged criminal.

No. I side with whoever's story seems the most plausible. Brittany was a "take her sweet time making a report" discrediting. But, I have known of false accusations of rape being made. So, I keep aware of the likelihood that the accuser might well have been trying to cash in on some fake rape story.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #47 - May 10th, 2023 at 11:55pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 10th, 2023 at 7:10pm:
Jasin wrote on May 10th, 2023 at 6:49pm:

Like you do with Biden?

Who's been accused of raping Biden?

I think the issue here is that Biden has a preference for smelling young girls. Not a word has been said by you accusing Biden of being an alleged paedophile.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #48 - May 11th, 2023 at 4:27pm

Well - Brittany Higgins may have lied.... certainly her actions and her own words in 'private' seem to indicate a deliberate action ..... this story gets murkier and murkier by the day and still goes on.... the tall tale that just keeps on giving...........

I'd say M. Lehrmann is in for a fat payout.... look at the dirt pile being thrown up......... 'may have had sex in the same room a number of times with someone else' ....

How many millions did this dork of a prosecutor waste on this?  Looks more and more a setup to me to hand over a heap of the ready to a couple of staffers.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #49 - May 11th, 2023 at 5:13pm

Notice how people involved in rape cases, tone down any sexuality, to present a dull, almost asexual appearance to the public.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #50 - May 11th, 2023 at 6:31pm

issuevoter wrote on May 11th, 2023 at 5:13pm:
Notice how people involved in rape cases, tone down any sexuality, to present a dull, almost asexual appearance to the public.

I'm not disagreeing with you IssueVoter, but can you clarify a bit more please?

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #51 - May 14th, 2023 at 11:45pm

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #52 - May 15th, 2023 at 12:43am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 10th, 2023 at 11:55pm:
...I think the issue here is that Biden has a preference for smelling young girls. Not a word has been said by you accusing Biden of being an alleged paedophile.

I know this allegation has been levelled at Biden in the past on
this forum, but I've not once seen any actual evidence supporting
it—either via images or written reports.

Can you give us some links proving it?      Huh

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #53 - May 15th, 2023 at 12:52am

Jasin wrote on May 11th, 2023 at 6:31pm:

I'm not disagreeing with you IssueVoter, but can you clarify a bit more please?

Everyone expected Young Brittany to appear in court without undies.... same as on the night.... doesn't take much effort for Herr Lehrmann to look asexual to me...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #54 - May 15th, 2023 at 1:46pm

AusGeoff wrote on May 15th, 2023 at 12:43am:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 10th, 2023 at 11:55pm:
...I think the issue here is that Biden has a preference for smelling young girls. Not a word has been said by you accusing Biden of being an alleged paedophile.

I know this allegation has been levelled at Biden in the past on
this forum, but I've not once seen any actual evidence supporting
it—either via images or written reports.

Can you give us some links proving it?      Huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0CFOvZ2ZwA

This girl, who does not seem all that different looking to my own daughter, was given an awkward talk about dating. Automatically not appropriate talk for anyone to give someone under the age of 16. And it is not appropriate for him to tell anyone anything like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1xnunfpurA

Jokes about being an alleged pedophile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNZk2UnncqY

Inappropriate touching.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #55 - May 15th, 2023 at 1:48pm

Get back on topic.     tsk  tsk   Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #56 - May 15th, 2023 at 1:51pm

Bobby. wrote on May 15th, 2023 at 1:48pm:
Get back on topic.     tsk  tsk   Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Admittedly, yes, you are right. I did allow myself to get roped into a side issue.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
DPP DumbGold Pwned
Reply #57 - May 16th, 2023 at 10:29am

https://au.news.yahoo.com/pissed-off-lehrmann-lawyer-furious-022500164.html

Yep that bungling buffoon DumbGold Dhead from Mt Druitt finally got pwned. It took a bloody inquiry and even more tax payer money.

Seriously ... inept public servants like DUMBgold need to be sacked immediately for inflicting so much pain and suffering onto human beings by reckless incompetence.

I have the utmost respect for Bruce Lehrmann’s defence team. His key lawyers and barristers are known to our family/extended family. They are thorough, competent, scathingly analytical and yet so humble and unassuming outside the courtroom.

To this day I have always doubted Higgins. It was not an easy thing for me to do given I myself am a woman and I myself have endured sexual assault (not rape) in the workplace.

Note : I have previously gone into detail about the event which occurred during a work related function.

Another pain point for me in struggling internally to side with Higgins was due to this : I too have daughters. In fact my oldest step daughter and one of my biological daughters are around Brittany’s age.

In other topics on Higgins you’ll see I’ve re iterated this key point: No matter which way I look at this matter I keep coming back to DUMBgold.

DUMBgold IS the key reason behind why this drama unfolded and became so needlessly cringeworthy and so costly (esp to the tax payers who were required to ultimately foot the bill).

The true cost of these proceedings? Let’s take a look at that for a moment : It goes behind the millions in legal fees and beyond the millions in settling the matter out of court. It goes beyond the millions to fund the subsequent inquiry. It goes beyond the reckless disregard for money that was and still is being thrown about against the context of a global pandemic and a global recession.

Our legal system proved vulnerable and was subjected to international ridicule. Whether he realised it or not.... DUMBgold’s arrogance saw fit to take on the our judicial system’s principle of the presumption of innocence. And I thank God that he failed because if he had succeeded ...the resultant precedent (he would have set in case law) would have caused untold damage in future criminal law proceedings.

Edit : Anyone know where Aussie is these days?

« Last Edit: May 16th, 2023 at 10:38am by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
DPP DumbGold is pwned
Reply #58 - May 16th, 2023 at 10:37am

The inquiry was sparked by a letter from Director of Public Prosecutions Shane Drumgold SC to the ACT’s Chief Police Officer, in which he raised concerns about “political and police conduct” during the case.

In the letter he repeated allegations, first raised in court, that Senator Reynolds had sought transcripts of the trial from the defence to tailor her own evidence, was coaching the defence in its cross-examination, and had organised her partner to attend court to listen to the trial.

Senator Reynolds employed both Mr Lehrmann and Mr Higgins at the time of the alleged incident. She denied the accusations when they were put to her in court last year.

Mr Whybrow told the inquiry he had disclosed two texts to Mr Drumgold out of court to allay his fears of interference and he was left “pissed off and angry” the information was used against her.

“It was an appalling mischaracterisation of what had occurred,” Mr Whybrow said, referring to a furious email he sent Mr Drumgold.

I don’t hold a candle for Senator Reynolds but (the suggestions) were unfair and as far as I was aware, untrue and from the perspective of defence played on so this so-called political cover up conspiracy… when there wasn’t any actual factual evidence for it,” he said.

The Liberal senator had sought transcripts for her lawyer‘s use and suggested messages between Ms Higgins and another former member of her team, Nicole Hamer, may be “revealing”.

Mr Whybrow said that line of inquiry had already been “chased down” by defence.

“(The DPP) put these positive things to Linda Reynolds, to and including, that she was trying to tell me how to do my job, giving me cross examination tips” Mr Whybrow said.

“I was angry and pissed off. I wrote this email to him that what I considered was improper conduct. I’m very concerned that you put it as a positive attestation.

“He didn’t say ‘were you giving cross-examination tips. He said, ‘you were giving … tips’ and there’s a significant difference.”

The defence barrister was also concerned that Mr Drumgold used the exchange in his closing argument to infer a possible political conspiracy was afoot.

There was no evidence,” Mr Whybrow said.

Mr Drumgold told the inquiry last week he was wrong to suspect there was political interferenceinsisting a police “skills deficit” was more likely to blame.

The inquiry also heard Mr Whybrow was not convinced the jury could ever reach a not guilty verdict, given the pretrial publicity, but it was his belief that 10 out of the 12 jurors were in favour of acquittal.

He said Mr Lehrmann had already been convicted by the media and the perception of Ms Higgins as a victim was elevated by the Victims of Crime Commissioner entering court with her each day.

Mr Whybrow also took umbrage at a statement Mr Drumgold gave to the media on the day he announced there would be no retrial due to concern for Ms Higgins’ mental health.

The DPP said during his December 2 announcement that he was of the view there was still a reasonable prospect of convicting Mr Lehrmann, and gave comments in support of Ms Higgins.

Mr Whybrow told the inquiry this gave the view Mr Lehrmann was “really guilty” - as did Mr Drumgold’s evidence last week that he believed 11 of the 12 jurors were inclined to convict.

“The DPP is not the solicitor for the complainant. He’s meant to be the objective minister for justice,” he said,

“He could have said something as well about it no doubt being very difficult for Mr Lehrmann who has had his life turned upside down for the last two years and will now not get an opportunity to clear his name.”

Last week, the DPP became emotional as he expressed regret for the comments and conceded he “possibly” didn’t consider the effect the statement would have on Mr Lehrmann “as much as (he) should have”.

Chair Walter Sofronoff KC said the statement was “very similar” to what broadcaster Lisa Wilkinson said in her speech at the Logies that led to the first trial date being vacated.

👆
DUMBGold’s own words/actions expose his pathetic level of incompetence, lack of self respect and complete ethical bankruptcy. I would also argue that he’s absolutely proven he’s not fit to continue to hold onto his position as DPP. In fact .... he’s absolutely disgraced his profession.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2023 at 11:02am by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #59 - May 22nd, 2023 at 12:11pm

I think the word you're looking for is corporate, office, work or daywear ?

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print