Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tolkienism v Nietzche's Wokism Ubermensch (Read 318 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Tolkienism v Nietzche's Wokism Ubermensch
May 9th, 2023 at 8:12pm

An amazing in-depth analysis of Tolkien's philosophy v Nietzche's philosophy of Power.
Proof is the Rings of Power Woke effort has failed dismally in comparison to Jackson's movies mainly because they followed the Nietzche's Wokeism and Ubermensch like the Game of Thrones series - which ultimately 'choked' in the last episodes famously.

This is what the world is going through - those who stick to the Tolkienism of World affairs and those who go for 'Power' - like the Woke Lefties have done.

Enjoy this great explaination and wisdom.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tolkien&&view=detail&mid=7B18A91B703FE45B26...
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2023 at 8:23pm by Jasin »  

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Re: Tolkienism v Nietzche's Wokism Ubermensch
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 8:53pm

Is Nietzsche's wokeism his description of slave morality?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 7:10am

Well, N's Will to Power is a posthumous compilation of his notes and sketches by his sister so I would not put much store in what is in that book, even though it's the longest one with his name on it.

I think it is a mistake to think that Nietzsche was programmatic, had a scheme or system. He was a cultural critic and a classical philologist. He was performing a 'textual analysis' of Western culture.

Tolkien was also professor of philology, not of the greco-roman classics but of Norse and Anglo-Saxon. As a Catholic (he converted arch-atheist C. S. Lewis) he is obviously much more programmatic, much more teleological than N.

'Wokism ubermench' is a silly formulation. And it's no surprise that a totally dumbed down streaming tv series gets everything wrond. D'oh!

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 8:37pm

Nietzsche is far from woke, so I may not be understanding how this guy is using Nietzsche.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 3:19pm

what is morally preferable - killing someone or enslaving him?

https://twitter.com/OwenBenjamin/status/1731207218048205064

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 4:42pm

Depends on the 'Crime' doesn't it?

Enslavement was invented (West Africa) for those who didn't deserve or 'want' Death for the Crime they committed against the Tribe and Enslavement was the alternative as 'Prisons' so to speak weren't really around way back then.
Slavery has just kicked on from there over the centuries and around the world - exploited as well to use against those who don't commit crimes but are born into it as well, etc, etc.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print