UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Re: LolZ
Reply #270 - Aug 11th, 2024 at 4:51pm

Carl D wrote on Aug 10th, 2024 at 7:26pm:
Grin

I knew of a drug dealer that lost his girlfriend to police officer. She ran off with him and basically were planning on having a baby together.

The guy was devastated. But he blamed his own illegal activities for why he lost her. Being in such a dangerous "profession", he was exposing his (now ex) girlfriend to dangers that someone as innocent as her should not have to face. The drug dealer basically ended his relationship with his drug dealer mates. He did a few deals to make a little money. Then he handed the remainder of his heroin to his drug dealer friends. He was not going to rat out his friends to police, as he held a grudge against the police force for allowing one of their kind to take what the man believed belonged to him. He was clean of drug use. He still smoked a little pot from now and then. But, eventually (over a period of a few weeks) he quit that. Then he quit smoking cigarettes, too. He tried alcohol to numb his pain. But he weaned himself off that, too. He decided to try wine... once a week... on a Sunday. The Anglican church was very receptive to having him as part of the congregation.

Over time, he went from no longer being a unlikeable, yet rich, drug dealer. His job as a mechanic started to get more meaningful. He was the type of person who took his job more seriously. He was a good worker for what he did. But, he was half-arseing it for part of his time. His boss was impressed with his attitude change, and offered him more flexible work hours and a possibility of managing the site when the boss was away.

Let us call this former drug dealer, Kevin. Not his real name, though. Kevin basically recognised his failures as something from that to learn. He did start a new relationship with a new girl -- an ambulance officer -- who knew of Kevin's reputation. Her name, for the purpose of this story, is Clara.

She came to the conclusion that Kevin was redeemable. Slowly, the bond between the two grew to a point where Kevin and Clara they were regularly dating. It had been 8 months since Kevin's ex girlfriend dumped him. But, Kevin had not forgotten her. He decided to write a letter of emancipation to his ex-girlfriend, just to console himself until he was ready to forgive himself. It read:

"Helen. Please forgive me for what I have done to you. You do not deserve someone that showed you the lack of respect that you do. I understand that you were scared. I made it seem that I took you for granted. It was right of you to leave me. I did not deserve the honour of having you around. However, I want to earn back your respect, and not just buy your love with the money I once had in abundance. I, too have moved on and have found someone else. Although I feel that we are not to ever reconcile, I do believe that we can reconnect as friends. That is the very least I want from you. But I understand that we are never to be together again. I love my new girlfriend to ever want someone else. Please respect who she is and what she does. For we know that the emergency services share something in common for the good of this town. But it is a common understanding that we (you and I) do not understand directly. As you are a school teacher and I am a mechanic. But I know that I have to be free of the poison that has made my girlfriend's life overburdening in her employment. I hope things work out well between you and Steve.

Kev"

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #271 - Aug 11th, 2024 at 5:36pm

(continued)

Kevin tore the note out of his A4 note pad and affixed the note to his fridge with a fridge magnet. Clara would come by Kevin's home every now and then to visit. The relationship was very much consolidated. There was nothing that Kevin would not do for Clara. He was trying to be the ultimate gentleman. And although Clara knew that Kevin was trying so hard to please her, she loved the old-school attention of romance that you would only see in those classic movies. It was "Gone with the wind"-esque.

What Clara did not like about Kevin was his holding onto the past. She spotted the note and read it a few times. Although Clara did find the note sweet, it appeared that Kevin was not fully committed to the relationship. The next time that Clara was around at Kevin's place, Clara asked him about the note. Kevin just passed it off as the unburdening note.

One day after church, Kevin was out at a coffee shop. It was his usual coffee shop that he liked to go to in the mid-morning, every Sunday. But this time, something unexpected happened. Helen was sitting at a table with Steve. That seemed unusual, for he knew that Steve was the type that worked late on a Saturday night. However, Kevin decided to get his usual flat white coffee. This time, "to go". It seemed that Steve had spotted Kevin before Kevin had spotted Steve. Steve keeped watch of Kevin as Kevin walked pass. Unpeturbed, Kevin went in, got his coffee and left without a fuss. Helen watched Kevin exit the coffee shop. She seemed a little surprised by Kevin's appearance change. Formally dressed, healthy look, and Kevin no longer had that shaven head look. But, she recognised Kevin's sleave tattoo. The unmistakable "Don't tread on me" cobra tattoo. Steve was not going to let that insult from Helen pass him unremarked.

"Don't look at that junkie dealer" quipped Steve, as Kevin walked on.
"You obviously were not talking about me" Kevin responded, as he walked back to his late model car.

It became apparent over the next month that Kevin was running into these two by accident, regardless of whether Kevin went on a Saturday or a Sunday morning. Kevin decided to give that coffee place a miss. He went to a coffee store on Red Hill for a few weeks. But it was not long before Helen and Steve were there sitting around talking. Kevin decided to go back to his coffee shop near the cinema. A week later, Helen and Steve were back sitting in their usual spot. This time Kevin decided to get his coffee at the nearby cinema and see a movie "Mad Max: Fury Road". Being wound up by the apparent harassment from a police officer, it was difficult to concentrate on the movie. But, he got the gist of the storyline and fell asleep before the movie ended. He awoke to the cleaner telling him that that movie had ended. Kevin got up and left the theatre. Down in the foyer was Helen at one end of the room. Clara was waiting for Kevin at the other end. Kevin had his phone turned back on and saw that Clara had been trying to call him a few times. But, Clara knew that Kevin only turned off his phone when he was at the movies.

Kevin walked in the direction of Clara, feeling a little guilty of going to the movies by himself. Helen intercepted Kevin's attention as she strided towards Kevin.

"I need to talk to you" Helen demanded, though not forcefully.
"I think it is best that you and I not talk any more. For your sake" remind Kevin.

(continued)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #272 - Aug 11th, 2024 at 9:46pm

(continued)

Clara walked up to them both, a little confused. Kevin immediately introduced Helen to Clara and how he knew Helen. Clara was not impressed with Kevin. She suspected an affair. However, Helen, being the voice of reason, gave a straight-to-the-point demand that she gets that ring that she left at Kevin's place, the day she moved out. She also wanted to pick a few things that she knows is still at Kev's place. Kevin said that she could come around later the next night and pick up the items, when he got home from work. Clara just told Helen to just get the items that night and be done with it. Helen agreed with Clara. Kevin decided to clean up the house with Clara to make sure that there was nothing that Helen had also left behind at his house. Kevin could not find the ring. He did find a metal bracelet, that he had never seen before. He put the bracelet on the bar fridge. Clara could not find this mysterious ring, either.

(continued)

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #273 - Aug 13th, 2024 at 1:35pm

Smiley

1EVGW1X.jpg (24 KB | 7 )
1EVGW1X.jpg

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #274 - Aug 13th, 2024 at 1:36pm

Grin

CVauO1A.jpg (22 KB | 6 )
CVauO1A.jpg

** Repeat Covid infections exercise our immune system in the same way that repeat concussions exercise our brain **

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #275 - Aug 13th, 2024 at 2:17pm

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #276 - Aug 16th, 2024 at 7:54am

Shocked

dog_001.jpg (56 KB | 5 )
dog_001.jpg

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #277 - Aug 16th, 2024 at 6:07pm

Grin

LOvTG5g.jpg (41 KB | 2 )
LOvTG5g.jpg

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #278 - Aug 17th, 2024 at 4:18pm

One for the Trekkies.  Smiley

obSvt05.jpg (47 KB | 5 )
obSvt05.jpg

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #279 - Aug 17th, 2024 at 4:20pm

Grin

h378qNy.jpg (34 KB | 9 )
h378qNy.jpg

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #280 - Aug 19th, 2024 at 5:13pm

This will upset the Flat Earthers.

And I'm sure we have a few of them here.

Smiley

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #281 - Aug 19th, 2024 at 5:35pm

Carl D wrote on Aug 19th, 2024 at 5:13pm:

Smiley

On a spherical globe that IS a straight line.
Check it out if you have a globe.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2024 at 5:46pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #282 - Aug 19th, 2024 at 5:43pm

Frank wrote on Aug 19th, 2024 at 5:35pm:
Carl D wrote on Aug 19th, 2024 at 5:13pm:

Smiley

On a spherical globe that IS a straight line.

Correct.

https://x.com/Globalstats11/status/1825390467531379023

Quote:
For anyone wondering how

And, for a good laugh:

https://x.com/callmekartikey/status/1825391704490348610

Quote:
Now let’s see some dumbs claim earth is flat.

"How the Dinosaurs went extinct according to flat earthers"

Grin

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #283 - Aug 21st, 2024 at 12:16am

draw_muhammad.jpg (53 KB | 2 )
draw_muhammad.jpg

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #284 - Aug 21st, 2024 at 12:18am

aoc_002.jpg (62 KB | 2 )
aoc_002.jpg

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print