Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Send Topic Print
This Aboriginal Disaster (Read 4944 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: This Aboriginal Disaster
Reply #90 - May 29th, 2024 at 5:54pm

Here's a plan for yez...  Three State Solution right in front of you.

Ooooh - it's Reconciliation Week!!  All one way as usual and a WEEK!!  Big pardy, Errol!!

"National Reconciliation Week (NRW) started as the Week of Prayer for Reconciliation in 1993"

Death of a Salesman - "Happy is 32 years old! When is he going to find himself?"

When are they going to figure out that you will NEVER 'reconcile' while ever you applaud one side forever....
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2024 at 6:29pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

Abestine.png (216 KB | 3 )
Abestine.png

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - May 29th, 2024 at 6:24pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 29th, 2024 at 3:19pm:
SadKangaroo wrote on May 26th, 2024 at 7:17pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 25th, 2024 at 8:18am:
SadKangaroo wrote on May 25th, 2024 at 7:55am:
You do realise you're talking with someone whose preference it is to widen the gap, not close it?

White flag accepted, champ.  I'm just going along with Michael Mansell and the idea of a Two State Solution.... it's a bi-partition issue, you know.

I have nothing to do with any gaps or opening or closing them.  You need to stop smoking that stuff.  God you fools grasp for some desperate things to try to make your claims.... what are you?  Twelve years old?

Which reminds me - the NT coroner has stated on the evidence that 76 out of 81 women killed in the Terr'Uh'Tree since 2000 were Aboriginal women.  I take it your silly pushing some clinically insane agenda is more important.... do you even know what your agenda is?

You're advocating for segregation in 2024.

It's not a white flag, there is simply no way to hold any rational discussion with someone such as yourself.

Not at all - I'm just agreeing with Michael Mansell - another white Aborigine - and that huge Tarneen sheila bloated on three Wharte Man jobs from Melbadishu, who are saying they should have an Aboriginal state where they can do their own things... I'm just happy to offer them a separate Two State (Three if you include Politico Island) solution, where on the one hand they can as per their demand 'do things their way' - and on the other we can do things our way.

No problem... no segregation about it since we would not be living in the same land .....they have their own and we have ours... and it's voluntary anyway unless and until one or them plays up too much - those who choose to remain Australians BE Australians (Ausraelis) - those who choose to be Abestinians choose to be Abestinians and responsible for themselves and their own outcomes.... those who act up in the traces and cause problems are shipped to Abestine and left to their 'elders' and local laws.... as is happening in some parts of Ausrael right now behind our backs..... and that doesn't even include the far outback places that nobody wants to visit anyway.....

You'll get there one day....

YOUR kind are the segregationists..... you are the Nazis .... you demand the segregation of separate but equal but only as long as your pets receive all benefits and more of our ways and get to swim in the sea of Wharte Man's benefits and civilisation while contributing nothing positive to that ...............I'm just the voice of reason in the middle of the range ....  Mansell of course envisages the very best seafront land for HIS idea of a state....

When was the last time you saw an Abo take out a franchise on a MacFries or similar and make something of self?

Ask yourself this - if the 'missions' and 'reservations' were such a disaster for them - why does Arnhem Land remain as a 'reservation'?   A.  because THEY want it that way!!

Maybe I'll look at AL as Abestine etc... same crocs and such and right there ready to go  .... and Farencue could be retained for a Cape Canaveral of the future .... no need to pay royalties there then ....

You are not wrong there.

Aborigines, in reality, are not any more homogenous than Europeans. But since there is an Aboriginal industry, we hear mostly from Aborigines invested in maintaining, growing that industry.
Land the ignorant, head tilting whites, wishing to remain ignorant but their conscience salved, clap along with the "Abo-Irish" Aristocracy.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #92 - May 30th, 2024 at 11:39am

Frank wrote on May 29th, 2024 at 3:01pm:
You, very idiotically, argue against personal responsibility on the basis that you didn't choose your parents, your background or theirs, your circumstances or theirs.

Sigh....wrong again: I argue my 'personal responsibility' (ie, the personal choices I make)  is not absolute, and is influenced by my experience of my parents' circumstances.   

Quote:
So what  IS of your own making about you? 

See above. The complex interaction of external influences and internal choices since birth has shaped who I am now. 

Quote:
What falls outside your deterministic conception,outside your accidental, random parenthood, background, circumstances,? What is left to your own personal  - individual! - powers and choices and decisions?

The capacity to reason and act, within the confines of my external circumstances.

In short, criminals aren't born, they are made; that's what  Hugo wanted to show:

"In Les Misérables, Hugo asserts that love and compassion are the most important gifts one person can give another and that always displaying these qualities should be the most important goal in life."

In the real world, love and compassion - even from parents - is not assured.

Hence we need governments to fill the breach. 

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #93 - May 30th, 2024 at 11:44am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 29th, 2024 at 3:02pm:
I ask again - WHICH Aboriginal disaster will we start with?  Which one are we looking at now?  So many to choose from.... so little time....

Let's  start with fixing the gap.

Quote:
Did me one of them vapid test things last night to see how 'independent' a person I was - I cut to the max as Independent ... sort of an Alpha Independent type...  I don't have bosses - I have underlings and servants ....

Your own experience is unique to you, what government needs to do is close the gap.

Start using your brain. 

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #94 - May 30th, 2024 at 11:48am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 29th, 2024 at 5:54pm:
Here's a plan for yez...  Three State Solution right in front of you.

Ooooh - it's Reconciliation Week!!  All one way as usual and a WEEK!!  Big pardy, Errol!!

"National Reconciliation Week (NRW) started as the Week of Prayer for Reconciliation in 1993"

Death of a Salesman - "Happy is 32 years old! When is he going to find himself?"

When are they going to figure out that you will NEVER 'reconcile' while ever you applaud one side forever....

Yes, largely a lot of nonsense; what is really needed is systemic change to get rid of the very poverty industry which you support.

Step 1.

Train and employ everyone, according to his ability - a community-wide project requiring government management. 

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - May 30th, 2024 at 11:48am

thegreatdivide wrote on May 30th, 2024 at 11:39am:
You, very idiotically, argue against personal responsibility on the basis that you didn't choose your parents, your background or theirs, your circumstances or theirs.

Sigh....wrong again: I argue my 'personal responsibility' (ie, the personal choices I make)  is not absolute, and is influenced by my experience of my parents' circumstances.   

Quote:

See above. The complex interaction of external influences and internal choices since birth has shaped who I am now. 

Quote:
What falls outside your deterministic conception,outside your accidental, random parenthood, background, circumstances,? What is left to your own personal  - individual! - powers and choices and decisions?

The capacity to reason and act, within the confines of my external circumstances.

In short, criminals aren't born, they are made; that's what  Hugo wanted to show:

"In Les Misérables, Hugo asserts that love and compassion are the most important gifts one person can give another and that always displaying these qualities should be the most important goal in life."

thats about as insane as it gets

the government is now your intimate partner, your soulmate
the government that treats you like furniture Cheesy Cheesy

you might as well say we rely on mother nature to treat us with love and compassion.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

mother nature is brutal, as is the government.

help
help
please help me

when i was a child my mummy and daddy would always come and solve my problems
are you my mummy . mr government?
are you my daddy?

can i suckle on your breasts like when i was a toddler
i feel tired now '
i feel weak and small
i might poo my nappy
i might throw a tantrum

your message great divide is insane to any person with a modicum of self respect

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #96 - May 30th, 2024 at 11:58am

Frank wrote on May 29th, 2024 at 6:24pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 29th, 2024 at 3:19pm:
You do realise you're talking with someone whose preference it is to widen the gap, not close it?

White flag accepted, champ.  I'm just going along with Michael Mansell and the idea of a Two State Solution.... it's a bi-partition issue, you know.

I have nothing to do with any gaps or opening or closing them.  You need to stop smoking that stuff.  God you fools grasp for some desperate things to try to make your claims.... what are you?  Twelve years old?

Which reminds me - the NT coroner has stated on the evidence that 76 out of 81 women killed in the Terr'Uh'Tree since 2000 were Aboriginal women.  I take it your silly pushing some clinically insane agenda is more important.... do you even know what your agenda is?

It's not a white flag, there is simply no way to hold any rational discussion with someone such as yourself.

Not at all - I'm just agreeing with Michael Mansell - another white Aborigine - and that huge Tarneen sheila bloated on three Wharte Man jobs from Melbadishu, who are saying they should have an Aboriginal state where they can do their own things... I'm just happy to offer them a separate Two State (Three if you include Politico Island) solution, where on the one hand they can as per their demand 'do things their way' - and on the other we can do things our way.

No problem... no segregation about it since we would not be living in the same land .....they have their own and we have ours... and it's voluntary anyway unless and until one or them plays up too much - those who choose to remain Australians BE Australians (Ausraelis) - those who choose to be Abestinians choose to be Abestinians and responsible for themselves and their own outcomes.... those who act up in the traces and cause problems are shipped to Abestine and left to their 'elders' and local laws.... as is happening in some parts of Ausrael right now behind our backs..... and that doesn't even include the far outback places that nobody wants to visit anyway.....

You'll get there one day....

YOUR kind are the segregationists..... you are the Nazis .... you demand the segregation of separate but equal but only as long as your pets receive all benefits and more of our ways and get to swim in the sea of Wharte Man's benefits and civilisation while contributing nothing positive to that ...............I'm just the voice of reason in the middle of the range ....  Mansell of course envisages the very best seafront land for HIS idea of a state....

When was the last time you saw an Abo take out a franchise on a MacFries or similar and make something of self?

Ask yourself this - if the 'missions' and 'reservations' were such a disaster for them - why does Arnhem Land remain as a 'reservation'?   A.  because THEY want it that way!!

Maybe I'll look at AL as Abestine etc... same crocs and such and right there ready to go  .... and Farencue could be retained for a Cape Canaveral of the future .... no need to pay royalties there then ....

You are not wrong there.

Well, I agree the call to separate sovereignty and segregation is wrong-headed, but graps is all over the shop on the matter, with his posited "2- (or 3)- state solution"; and he thinks welfare dependency is a grand state desired by blacks....

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - May 30th, 2024 at 11:59am

Really?

Who have been granted over 50% of Australias land mass in Native title claims and wants to lock up vast swathes of that, which includes areas once accessible to all Australians?

Is that not segregation & whitey stay out?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - May 30th, 2024 at 12:02pm

thegreatdivide wrote on May 27th, 2024 at 12:12pm:
Frank wrote on May 26th, 2024 at 7:13pm:
So... to what extent are YOU responsible for your life and to what extent are YOU a mere puppet of consumer economics?

Difficult to say, since I didn't choose my parents.

Quote:
And if you are avoiding consumer economics, how do YOU do it other than by taking personal responsibility for your own life?

Your error there: just because my family background taught me to take personal responsibility and avoid the junk-consumer economy doesn't mean everyone has that background and hence choice. ("Give me the child and I will give you the man"....). 

In fact the junk consumer economy depends on people not making informed choices.

Quote:
And if you can do it, why can't anyone else? What is special about you??

Answered above: I didn't choose my parents.

Then there's the complicating matter of genes; Trump's brother drank himself to death because of an addiction to grog. Did he "choose" the addiction? You won't be able to answer that question definitively. 

What have your parents got to do with "you" the supposed adult person and how you operate in the world?

No one chooses their parents Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #99 - May 30th, 2024 at 12:20pm

aquascoot wrote on May 30th, 2024 at 11:48am:
thegreatdivide wrote on May 30th, 2024 at 11:39am:

Quote:

Quote:

thats about as insane as it gets

You include Victor Hugo in that assessment? 

Quote:
the government is now your intimate partner, your soulmate
the government that treats you like furniture Cheesy Cheesy

No,  the government job is to manage the competitive desires of individuals, whether that desire is to love or to hate.

Quote:
you might as well say we rely on mother nature to treat us with love and compassion.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Wrong again, we rely on government to adjudicate competing desires of individuals operating within "mother nature" ie  within the survival of the fittest regime of nature. 

Quote:
mother nature is brutal, as is the government.

The first assertion is correct, the 2nd incorrect: it's up to rule of law to ensure government is a "benevolent authority".   

Quote:
help
help
please help me

Many individuals would never think of asking for help; crime is a better alternative for some.

Quote:
when i was a child my mummy and daddy would always come and solve my problems[/quoite]

You were fortunate, not all were/are so lucky.

[quote]are you my mummy . mr government?
are you my daddy?

You are confusing different roles. 

Quote:
can i suckle on your breasts like when i was a toddler
i feel tired now '
i feel weak and small
i might poo my nappy
i might throw a tantrum

The government can't supply you with loving mother's breasts; the government CAN ensure everyone can participate in the economy. 

Quote:
your message great divide is insane to any person with a modicum of self respect

The sh*t is hitting the fan now, as I expose your vicious survival of the fittest ideology.

"Self respect"? yeh, I already noted the difficulty many have in asking for help ...I'll take what I want, none of this girly 'asking for help'...

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #100 - May 30th, 2024 at 12:26pm

Gnads wrote on May 30th, 2024 at 12:02pm:
So... to what extent are YOU responsible for your life and to what extent are YOU a mere puppet of consumer economics?

Quote:
And if you are avoiding consumer economics, how do YOU do it other than by taking personal responsibility for your own life?

Your error there: just because my family background taught me to take personal responsibility and avoid the junk-consumer economy doesn't mean everyone has that background and hence choice. ("Give me the child and I will give you the man"....). 

In fact the junk consumer economy depends on people not making informed choices.

Quote:

Then there's the complicating matter of genes; Trump's brother drank himself to death because of an addiction to grog. Did he "choose" the addiction? You won't be able to answer that question definitively. 

What have your parents got to do with "you" the supposed adult person and how you operate in the world?

They influenced how I think and act.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - May 30th, 2024 at 1:36pm

Quote:

Could there be something beyond the survival instinct and the quest for happiness? “Poverty and prison . . . give wisdom,” we hear, but what is that wisdom? Not just Solzhenitsyn, but also many others asked this question. This collective autobiography guides us through their answers.

“Here is how it was with many others, not just with me,” Solzhenitsyn explains. One’s first prison experience resembles the sky over Pompeii or the heaven of the Last Judgment “because it was not just anyone who had been arrested, but I—the center of this world.” One thought occurs to everyone: one must vow to survive at any price. And one soon realizes what that means: “at the price of someone else.”

And whoever takes that vow . . . allows his own misfortune to overshadow both the entire common misfortune and the whole world.

This is the great fork of camp life. From this point the roads go to the right and to the left. One of them will rise and the other will descend. If you go to the right—you lose your life, and if you go the left—you lose your conscience.

Solzhenitsyn concedes that at that fork, “at that greater divider of souls,” most choose survival. Intellectuals—resembling many of his Western readers—usually acted swinishly because they could always find a way to justify anything.

One could also expect the worst from those who “accept that pitiful ideology which holds that ‘human beings are created for happiness.’” That, of course, is what most secular Americans take for granted. Reading this book, they are likely to ask: what else could life be about if not individual happiness? Exiled to the West, Solzhenitsyn shocked educated people by criticizing the shallowness of such thinking. Life is not just about oneself, he insisted, and one can expect arrogant bosh from those who think it is. They often responded by dismissing him as a religious fanatic.

Although most prisoners chose survival, many chose conscience, and Solzhenitsyn describes a few he met. They all knew that, according to official Bolshevik atheism, there are no transcendent values. Lenin and his followers scorned such ideas as “human dignity” and the “sanctity of human life.” No, Soviet citizens were taught, only the material result counted, and that meant the only moral standard was the interest of the Communist Party. People who accepted this way of thinking readily concluded that, on the individual level, too, all that matters is what promotes one’s own welfare.

Choosing conscience meant rejecting such thinking. You gradually recognize that “It is not the result that counts . . . but the spirit! Not what—but how.”

https://newcriterion.com/article/the-masterpiece-of-our-time/

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #102 - May 30th, 2024 at 6:19pm

Frank wrote on May 30th, 2024 at 1:36pm:
TGD

Solzhenitsyn concedes that at that fork, “at that greater divider of souls,” most choose survival. Intellectuals—resembling many of his Western readers—usually acted swinishly because they could always find a way to justify anything.

People instinctively want to survive; nature doesn't give two hoots, and nor does a self-interest-based system; that's why we need a benevolent authority to make law.

Quote:
One could also expect the worst from those who “accept that pitiful ideology which holds that ‘human beings are created for happiness.’” That, of course, is what most secular Americans take for granted. Reading this book, they are likely to ask: what else could life be about if not individual happiness? Exiled to the West, Solzhenitsyn shocked educated people by criticizing the shallowness of such thinking. Life is not just about oneself, he insisted, and one can expect arrogant bosh from those who think it is. They often responded by dismissing him as a religious fanatic.

Is he describing the "secular" American, in the land of "the brave and the free"? 

Quote:
Although most prisoners chose survival, many chose conscience, and Solzhenitsyn describes a few he met. They all knew that, according to official Bolshevik atheism, there are no transcendent values. Lenin and his followers scorned such ideas as “human dignity” and the “sanctity of human life.” No, Soviet citizens were taught, only the material result counted, and that meant the only moral standard was the interest of the Communist Party. People who accepted this way of thinking readily concluded that, on the individual level, too, all that matters is what promotes one’s own welfare.

So Solzhenitsyn couldn't conceive of man-made benevolent authority,  while admitting certain  "transcendent" values.   Note: poverty and human dignity are not compatible.

Quote:
Choosing conscience meant rejecting such thinking. You gradually recognize that “It is not the result that counts . . . but the spirit! Not what—but how.”

?? The"spirit" won't give you a full belly, necessary to be free to explore transcendent experience over a long life.   
The 2nd part is correct: HOW can all be free to experience material and spiritual transcendence?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - May 30th, 2024 at 6:55pm

thegreatdivide wrote on May 30th, 2024 at 12:26pm:
Gnads wrote on May 30th, 2024 at 12:02pm:

Quote:

Quote:

They influenced how I think and act.

And do you follow that influence?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #104 - May 30th, 2024 at 7:27pm

Love and compassion from government.... surely the boy is dreaming...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Send Topic Print