Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Russian steamroller totally crushing Ukraine (Read 6081 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Russian steamroller totally crushing Ukraine
Reply #135 - Oct 14th, 2023 at 2:32pm

"Run away!"

This recent Russian attack is not doing too well. This is a T90. Blew its tracks off. One of many in the last week.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #136 - Oct 14th, 2023 at 9:02pm

What this War has shown me is the 'costly' $$$ of waging war.
When a single individual with a missile can destroy millions of dollars worth of armament...
...like that Argentinian with a Stinger who wiped out the entire Sheffield Cruiser or Battleship.

It seems its either Nukes or a very very expensive 'conventional' war of lesser things like Tanks, Jet Fighters, Subs, Battleships, etc - all being blown up easily by far cheaper means.

I can see many nations forgo 'Militarisation' as an empowerment for their country as it is becoming a way too expensive game to play.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #137 - Oct 14th, 2023 at 10:23pm

What I don't get is that the Russian military has spent about 80 years preparing for a massive mechanised sweep into Europe, and when push comes to shove, they never use more than about 15 tanks on a pissy little republic. Admittedly, that little republic is well armed now, but where are the great field maneuvres the Russians were trained for? Is it possible Russia is hollow?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #138 - Oct 14th, 2023 at 10:41pm

Didn't Condolezza Rice say that Putin was misled on believing that Ukraine wouldn't resist and hence the over-confident entry into attaining Ukraine the way it did?

If Russia expected 'full resistance'. Maybe it would have been different and maybe Russia would still have control of all Ukraine?

As a lot of other European nations had $$$ interests in Russia taking control and giving them a better deal.
No wonder Russia thought it was a walk in the park.
...amazing what cheaper simple Javelins can do to a very expensive Military 'march'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #139 - Oct 15th, 2023 at 10:17am

An interesting admission from the Russians: Warnout artillery barrels affecting accuracy.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #140 - Oct 15th, 2023 at 6:55pm

'National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said that as many as 1,000 containers with “equipment and munitions” had been provided “in recent weeks.” The White House released overhead imagery showing what it said were approximately 300 containers assembled in Najin, North Korea, and delivered by sea and rail to an ammunition depot in southwestern Russia near Tikhoretsk, about 180 miles from the Ukrainian border.'

Russian TV wins the Eurovision spin gymnastics for its coverage of the non-war operation which is going according to Putin's plan. He won last year and is giving slow learners the time to catch up. The nazi surrender is in his desk drawer.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #141 - Oct 18th, 2023 at 11:17am

Journalists who last winter invented the "Ukrainian Counter Offensive," were a little bit disappointed when nothing huge happened in Spring. Its a war, and both sides are taking the offensive when the situation arises.

The attack on Berdyansk airbase is significant, because it was out of range up until now. Wombatwoody's Russian Steamroller will be sh1tting rivets. Take a look at the map of Russian controled Ukraine. Berdyansk is on the Azov Sea. Nowhere to run. Ukraine units are within 20 kilometers of Tokmak.

Why is this important? Because the only strategic advantage is the line between the Kharkov Reservoir and the esturies of Molocinj. These are significant natural barriers that shorten a cut off of the Crimean supply line. Ukraine wants Tokmak and then Melitopol. Long range missile artillery makes this possible, by destroying Russian air cover in that theatre.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #142 - Oct 18th, 2023 at 11:28am

'US officials indicated to CNN on Tuesday that Ukraine has already used the ATACMS, some variants of which have a maximum range of approximately 186 miles, to attack Russia's Berdyansk and Luhansk airfields in eastern Ukraine'.
Almost 300km, (the range of the Kerch Bridge, if it's the upgraded type). 
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2023 at 11:52am by chimera »  

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #143 - Oct 18th, 2023 at 12:27pm

sorry to say issue, but the lefty intellectuals have moved on

they dont have much staying power and they are getting bored with the ukraine

they started off frothing about trump, then they moved onto me-too.
then they had to make their profile pic george floyd.
i think next came profile pics of arms getting jabbed
they moved onto greta
next up was jan 6
then it was probably rainbow flags in the bio
then ukranian flags in the bio
then vote yes to the voice in the bio
now its palestinian flags in the bio

they like all this "busy" work, jumping from one cause to another

it makes the leftie feel like he is achieving something

some got a bit hung up on trumps civil case with e jean carroll and some got a bit hung up on masks but they are outliers

wonder whats next ?

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #144 - Oct 18th, 2023 at 1:40pm

Next is aqua and superiority. Aqua and Trump. Trump and superior. Aqua and Trump and superior. Or the other way round.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #145 - Oct 18th, 2023 at 10:33pm

chimera wrote on Oct 18th, 2023 at 1:40pm:
Next is aqua and superiority. Aqua and Trump. Trump and superior. Aqua and Trump and superior. Or the other way round.

Well it sure beats the Victimhood losers.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Oct 18th, 2023 at 10:46pm

chimera wrote on Oct 18th, 2023 at 11:28am:
'US officials indicated to CNN on Tuesday that Ukraine has already used the ATACMS, some variants of which have a maximum range of approximately 186 miles, to attack Russia's Berdyansk and Luhansk airfields in eastern Ukraine'.

The Russians lost 9 helicopters, air defence system and a heap of ammo.

Russia are now moving aircraft further away from Ukraine.

Nice to see old missile stock made in 1996 still works.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #147 - Oct 19th, 2023 at 4:42am

Jasin wrote on Oct 18th, 2023 at 10:33pm:
Aqua and Trump.

How? Trump is the victim of Hilary's swamp, media, judges, voting machines, witch hunters, China, Pence, Stormy, lawyers and juries.  A bit like Putin being attacked by Nazi Ukraine.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #148 - Oct 19th, 2023 at 4:55am

Baronvonrort wrote on Oct 18th, 2023 at 10:46pm:
chimera wrote on Oct 18th, 2023 at 11:28am:

The Russians lost 9 helicopters, air defence system and a heap of ammo.

Russia are now moving aircraft further away from Ukraine.

Nice to see old missile stock made in 1996 still works.

It's like a Tsunami - the water starts to retreat to way offshore... before it comes.
So to will Russia prepare - before sending in the 'nuke'!  Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #149 - Oct 19th, 2023 at 4:57am

chimera wrote on Oct 19th, 2023 at 4:42am:
Jasin wrote on Oct 18th, 2023 at 10:33pm:
Aqua and Trump.

How? Trump is the victim of Hilary's swamp, media, judges, voting machines, witch hunters, China, Pence, Stormy, lawyers and juries.  A bit like Putin being attacked by Nazi Ukraine.

Trump is now the 'new' Victim thanks to Episode 5: The Biden Empire Strikes Back.
I wonder if the victimised Lefties of the Democrats will be peeved that Trump will now usurp their Victimhood and become Episode 6: Return of the Trump Jedi?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print