Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Russian steamroller totally crushing Ukraine (Read 6067 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Russian steamroller totally crushing Ukraine
Reply #165 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 12:00pm

JC Denton wrote on Oct 27th, 2023 at 11:41am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 27th, 2023 at 9:59am:
JC Denton wrote on Oct 27th, 2023 at 9:37am:
looks like avdiivka is actually likely to be jeopardised fairly soon

I see. Which country is Avdiivka in, JC?

either russia or ukraine depending on who wins

I see. So that means Dubbo is either in Australia or, say, China, depending on who wins.

No worries, JC. We'll put staff at the Golden Dragon in charge for now, shall we?

In other news:

Quote:
Ukraine war: Russia executing own retreating soldiers, US says

Russia is executing soldiers who try to retreat from a bloody offensive in eastern Ukraine, the White House has said.

According to the US, some of the casualties suffered by Russia near Avdiivka were "on the orders of their own leaders".

Russian and Ukrainian troops have been locked into a fierce battle for the frontline town since mid-October.

Russia is thought to have suffered "significant" losses in this time.

Ukrainian estimates put the number of Russian casualties in Avdiivka at 5,000, while the US says that Russia lost "at least" 125 armoured vehicles and more than a battalion's worth of equipment.

A Ukrainian army spokesperson said that Russian troops were refusing to attack Ukrainian positions near Avdiivka because of heavy losses and that there had been mutinies in some units.

"Russia's mobilised forces remain under-trained, under-equipped and unprepared for combat, as was the case during their failed winter offensive last year," National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said in a briefing on Thursday.

He said that the Russian military "appears to be using what we would call 'human wave' tactics, just throwing masses of these poorly trained soldiers right into the fight."

"No proper equipment, no leadership, no resourcing, no support. It is unsurprising that Russian forces are suffering from poor morale," Mr Kirby added.

Taking Avdiivka - which lies near the Russian-occupied city of Donetsk - would allow Russian troops to push the front line back, making it harder for the Ukrainian forces to make further advances into Donetsk region.

Avdiivka has been all but abandoned by its 30,000 residents as Russian forces continue to pummel it. Earlier this week, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky described the situation as "particularly tough".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-67234144

Which country do you think the Avdiivkans want to be in, Jao See?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 12:16pm

chimera wrote on Oct 27th, 2023 at 10:46am:
aqua you're better off with Johnny Cash than Donny Cash.
https://folsomcasharttrail.com/the-trail/blog/did-johnny-cash-go-to-prison

Johnny's a creepy lefty, Laugh. He's a real virtue signaller.

Despicable stuff.

Donny's the real deal. His favourite book?

The Bible.

Johnny likes the Bible too, but he doesnt mind telling you which testament he prefers.

Donny would rather not say. Too personal, no?

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/27/politics/donald-trump-favorite-bible-verses/i...

He likes them both equal. Maybe 42/58, something like that. He'd just rather not go into specifics, it wouldn't be right.

Still, there are some things he can share. Donnie doesn't ask the Lord for forgiveness, for example - he doesn't bring God into that. But he does participate in other cleansing rituals, as often as possible:

Quote:
“When I drink my little wine – which is about the only wine I drink – and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed,” he said. “I think in terms of ‘let’s go on and let’s make it right.’"

https://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/trump-has-never-sought-forgiveness/
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2023 at 12:34pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #167 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 3:21pm

The cell is the most important place in the life of a monastic after initiation. In some monasteries the monks consider their cells as holy as a church, and, as they do before entering a church, the monks take off their shoes before they go inside. In the words of one of the fathers: “Go and sit in your cell; the cell will teach you everything.” While the monastic stays in the cell (praying, keeping vigil, and doing works of repentance) he or she learns the essence of the monastic life and lives it. 

In the highest degree of initiation, the male or female hermit lives in a solitary place, in or outside the monastery. The place is hard to reach and most of the time only a few people know where to find it.And inside the monastery, there is the further division of public space and private space. Until initiation, the novice lives in the public space which he has to share with visitors, workers, and guests. The monks' cells are situated in private space and represent the quintessence of an ascetic life of seclusion. The interior of the cell is designed in such a way that the monk can stay alone for many days, never needing to leave. A monk can, provided his spiritual father approves, stay in this cell and perform his prayers and daily devotions by himself. This means that his solitary and private devotional life has priority over communal devotions.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 3:36pm

chimera wrote on Oct 27th, 2023 at 3:21pm:
The cell is the most important place in the life of a monastic after initiation. In some monasteries the monks consider their cells as holy as a church, and, as they do before entering a church, the monks take off their shoes before they go inside. In the words of one of the fathers: “Go and sit in your cell; the cell will teach you everything.” While the monastic stays in the cell (praying, keeping vigil, and doing works of repentance) he or she learns the essence of the monastic life and lives it. 

In the highest degree of initiation, the male or female hermit lives in a solitary place, in or outside the monastery. The place is hard to reach and most of the time only a few people know where to find it.And inside the monastery, there is the further division of public space and private space. Until initiation, the novice lives in the public space which he has to share with visitors, workers, and guests. The monks' cells are situated in private space and represent the quintessence of an ascetic life of seclusion. The interior of the cell is designed in such a way that the monk can stay alone for many days, never needing to leave. A monk can, provided his spiritual father approves, stay in this cell and perform his prayers and daily devotions by himself. This means that his solitary and private devotional life has priority over communal devotions.

There's a lot to be said in that, Laugh.

Donnie may find himself in such silent seclusion. The SM often does. Who knows?

After his time in reflection, he may have a spiritual experience to share with the chodes and help them vibe with awesomeness.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #169 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 3:57pm

He may emerge as Nelson Mandela or as guitar player.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #170 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 4:58pm

Quote:
the White House has said.

lmao

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 5:42pm

JC Denton wrote on Oct 27th, 2023 at 4:58pm:
Quote:
the White House has said.

lmao

You sound sceptical, JC. Well, I'm curious.

Do you suspect those Russian conscripts are actually quite keen to kill Avdiivkans?

Do you think their parents might be proud to have their sons die in Ukraine/Russia (depending on who wins)?

Do you think Vlad fully equipts his streamlined, modern military, considering he's hitting up North Korea for ammunition and supplies?

And do you think killing retreating soldiers is a fanciful notion in Russia?

Questions questions. Do you have any answers?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #172 - Oct 27th, 2023 at 5:47pm

chimera wrote on Oct 27th, 2023 at 3:57pm:
He may emerge as Nelson Mandela or as guitar player.

I'd say he fancies himself more in the Nelson Mandela mold than that lefty Johnny Cash, Laugh.

I don't mind being Nelson Mandela because I'm doing it for a reason. We've got to save our country from these fascists, these lunatics that we're dealing with. They're horrible people and they're destroying our country

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Dec 18th, 2023 at 1:59pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 30th, 2023 at 5:08pm:
The only way this can end is with Ukraine surrendering Crimea and the southern/southeastern oblasts to Russia, similar to the deal Finland had to take with Stalin.

The only question is: how to take the deal and not have it look like a Ukrainian capitulation?

The only answer: after a long stalemate and when both sides lose the will and the resources to continue.

I'd bet the West will end the supply of military materiel to Ukraine when Russia has exhausted all options other than nuclear - forcing a ceasefire and stalemate.

Ukraine may get to keep any territory it can recapture and hold in its current counter-offensive. After that, it's farewell to southern Ukraine.

Well, so much for the Ukrainian counter-offensive.

Ukraine has not succeeded in recapturing the southeast and Crimea.

This will end with Ukraine ceding the southeast and Crimea to Russia.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #174 - Dec 18th, 2023 at 4:53pm

...then along comes China to reclaim Siberia for the Yellow Man.

Russia might find it hard to fight on two fronts  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #175 - Dec 19th, 2023 at 1:16pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Dec 18th, 2023 at 1:59pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Jul 30th, 2023 at 5:08pm:
The only way this can end is with Ukraine surrendering Crimea and the southern/southeastern oblasts to Russia, similar to the deal Finland had to take with Stalin.

The only question is: how to take the deal and not have it look like a Ukrainian capitulation?

The only answer: after a long stalemate and when both sides lose the will and the resources to continue.

I'd bet the West will end the supply of military materiel to Ukraine when Russia has exhausted all options other than nuclear - forcing a ceasefire and stalemate.

Ukraine may get to keep any territory it can recapture and hold in its current counter-offensive. After that, it's farewell to southern Ukraine.

Well, so much for the Ukrainian counter-offensive.

Ukraine has not succeeded in recapturing the southeast and Crimea.

This will end with Ukraine ceding the southeast and Crimea to Russia.

wow toldya this was how it was going to go months before, but no one was listening

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #176 - Dec 19th, 2023 at 2:00pm

Well then. If Ukraine gives up the Crimea and other parts of their country that allowed 'Russians' to move in, take over and then claim that land via them, as Russia's.

Then this form of Colonisation is the way to go. Send in the Peasants to 'usurp' their lands by 'populational majority'.

So Melbourne can now be claimed as Africa's.
Sydney can now be claimed as China's.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print