Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
THE WAGES OF HATE (Read 183 times)
Linus

Australian Politics

THE WAGES OF HATE
Jun 19th, 2023 at 7:25pm

"Pittsburgh Tree of Life synagogue shooter guilty of hate crimes, could receive death penalty

The man who killed 11 worshipers in a mass shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh in 2018 was found guilty Friday of federal hate crime charges. A jury will now decide if Robert Bowers will receive the death penalty for committing the most deadly antisemitic attack in U.S. history. Bowers, 50, opened fire on worshipers at Tree of Life on the morning of Oct. 17, 2018; an additional two attendees and five police officers were injured in the attack. Bowers surrendered after being shot multiple times by police.

His defense has never claimed his innocence but rather sought to convince the jury to spare his life. His attorneys repeatedly offered a guilty plea on all charges in exchange for life in prison, but federal prosecutors chose to go forward with the trial.

The jury found Bowers guilty on all 63 felony charges, 22 of which can carry the death penalty, including the federal hate crime charges. The trial began in April. The specific capital offense charges include 11 counts of obstructing free exercise of religious beliefs resulting in death and 11 counts of hate crimes resulting in death.

His attorneys argue that he should not be given the death penalty because his motive was not to prevent worship, a key factor for the hate crime charges. The defense has also claimed that Bowers suffers from multiple mental illnesses, including schizophrenia and epilepsy....""

https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/politics-government/article276485561.html

"Neo-Nazi accused of stockpiling weapons, plotting mass shooting at Michigan synagogue

A Michigan man who spouted antisemitic and Neo-Nazi ideals online was busted by federal agents for allegedly stockpiling weapons in preparation for a mass shooting at an East Lansing synagogue.

Seann Pietila, 19, of Pickford, was arrested on Friday after agents raided his home and discovered several weapons, a Nazi flag, a camouflage ghillie suit, gas masks, and a military sniper manual, according to the criminal complaint filed by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Michigan.

A search of his phone also yielded a note highlighting a synagogue in East Lansing, along with a date and a list of equipment, including homemade bombs.

The FBI said it had received a report Tuesday about threatening messages Pieltila shared online, including praises for previous mass shooters and neo-Nazis. 

Several of the messages highlighted in the complaint involve Pietila and another Instagram user making antisemitic slurs, touting his allegedly massive gun collection, and making antisemitic statements.

The suspect also showed admiration for the 2019 Christchurch shooting, where 51 people were killed in two New Zealand mosques, with the date highlighted in Pietila’s phone matching the fourth anniversary of the massacre.

One message shows the Instagram user identified as Pietila angry about an apparent breakup, as he writes on June 01, “I’m done at this point. F–k this world and everything in it. I’m gonna start making plans soon, just gotta buy a few more things.”

A few minutes later, he wrote: “This world just sucks a–. I won’t be taken alive I’ll make sure of that. Remember ‘Heil Hitler!’ boom red mist. Gotta make it unique I guess. Maybe. I just need a camera for streaming and some more magazines. Don’t wanna run out of mags and have to reload one.”

During the search at his house, police found several magazines, a shotgun, a rifle, a pistol, firearms accessories and multiple knives.

Pietila was ultimately charged with transmitting a communication containing a threat to injure another.

US Attorney Mark Totten said in a statement: “Antisemitic threats and violence against our Jewish communities — or any other group for that matter — will not be tolerated in the Western District of Michigan.”

Brittany Stob, the suspect’s mother, told ABC News on Saturday that her son was still in jail awaiting a detention hearing scheduled for this week.

The distraught mom also claimed that while her son did express antisemitic views, he was not violent nor planning a massacre.

“He said some stuff online that he shouldn’t have,” Stob said. “He’s a good kid. He would never hurt anybody.”

Stob also maintains that the guns and tactical gear found at their home belonged to her and her husband, not Pietila.

She added that her son fell into antisemitic ideology when he was in isolation during the pandemic and that he lacked any mental health treatment he might have needed...."

https://nypost.com/2023/06/18/fbi-arrests-antisemitic-man-accused-of-preparing-f...

Some need to stop listening to the voices in their heads.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: THE WAGES OF HATE
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2023 at 7:38pm

A minor firearm violation, Linus. Bowers was perfectly within his rights to take his gun to church, it's not his fault if it went off.

Besides, he stands for white Christian values, which is nice.

Look, there are good and bad people on both sides, okay? Some say Bowers did it, some say the gun did it, I guess we'll never know. I will say this, I see no reason why he would do it.

You can't believe what you read in the fake news these days anyway, and you definitely can't trust prosecutors. The game's RIGGED.

DEEP STATE !!!

IP Logged

Linus

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2023 at 9:05pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 19th, 2023 at 7:38pm:
A minor firearm violation, Linus. Bowers was perfectly within his rights to take his gun to church, it's not his fault if it went off.

Besides, he stands for white Christian values, which is nice.

Look, there are good and bad people on both sides, okay? Some say Bowers did it, some say the gun did it, I guess we'll never know. I will say this, I see no reason why he would do it.

You can't believe what you read in the fake news these days anyway, and you definitely can't trust prosecutors. The game's RIGGED.

DEEP STATE !!!

Quite a lame apologia. Are you a NAZI, Fisk?

We know Christian values but what are "white" ones?

Are there any purple Christian values, Fisk?

Do you believe the shootings took place? That was reported in the news.

The defence also agreed to the facts of the case. Is the defence , according to you, in cahoots with the prosecution and deep state?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2023 at 9:21pm

If there were more guns in America this would never have happened

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2023 at 9:27pm

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Linus

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2023 at 10:19pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 19th, 2023 at 9:21pm:
If there were more guns in America this would never have happened

For hate-filled loons, they'd find alternatives. Sad

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #6 - Jun 19th, 2023 at 10:33pm

According to
Panther
—he of the oversized fancy
fonts—owning guns make people safer from other
people with guns.

Using Panther's logic, shouldn't Americans be
demanding it be made mandatory that every
household has at least six firearms available,
with one in each main room?  Or maybe even
seven—with one in the toilet?

After all, you can't be too safe can you?     Wink

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2023 at 4:23am

AusGeoff wrote on Jun 19th, 2023 at 10:33pm:
According to
Panther
—he of the oversized fancy
fonts—owning guns make people safer from other
people with guns.

Using Panther's logic, shouldn't Americans be
demanding it be made mandatory that every
household has at least six firearms available,
with one in each main room?  Or maybe even
seven—with one in the toilet?

After all, you can't be too safe can you?     Wink

He's not wrong, Geoff. Up in a remote part of Alaska they have a law saying you have to carry guns when you go out due to the risk of bears.

Why cant they make the same laws in the South, due to the risk of blacks? It would make perfect sense. If everybody was properly armed, the blacks wouldn't try to rape and kill so many people - or if they did, you could just take them out.

They really should think about following Alaska's example everywhere else in America.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2023 at 6:40am

Isn't it compulsory for the Swiss to each have a firearm?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2023 at 4:07pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jun 20th, 2023 at 6:40am:

Is it?

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2023 at 10:52pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jun 20th, 2023 at 6:40am:

Nope.

https://www.businessinsider.com/does-switzerland-give-every-citizen-a-gun-2018-2

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print