Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Could it be? ALIEN CONTACT (Read 1043 times)
Linus

Australian Politics

Could it be? ALIEN CONTACT
Jul 3rd, 2023 at 2:46pm

"Is ET phoning home? Astronomers detect unprecedented space signals

Researchers speculate that a mysterious celestial body is sending signals to Earth at regular intervals, raising questions about extraterrestrial contact.

In a groundbreaking discovery, astronomers have detected radio wave signals being transmitted to Earth at an astonishing rate of approximately three times per hour. This phenomenon, never before observed in space, has sparked speculation among researchers that it could potentially be a deliberate attempt by unidentified extraterrestrial beings to establish contact with humanity.

Scientists from Australia are currently engrossed in the task of deciphering and analyzing the perplexing messages and signals received from the vastness of outer space. They strongly believe that these transmissions may be an attempt by extraterrestrial life forms residing on distant planets to initiate communication with our species. According to a report published in the British newspaper The Mirror, researchers have confirmed the extraterrestrial origin of these signals, suggesting the presence of "aliens living on another world and endeavoring to contact our planet." The report also states that "an unidentified object has been transmitting messages to our world."

These signals are believed to be evidence of an unidentified celestial body situated an astounding 4,000 light years away from us. Astronomers describe this enigmatic entity as unlike anything ever observed in space.

Observations made by scientists have revealed that this mysterious object releases a significant burst of energy every 18 minutes, occurring three times per hour. Dr. Natasha Hurley-Walker, an astrophysicist involved in the study, suggests that these signals could potentially serve as evidence of extraterrestrial life and represent a crucial breakthrough in this field. Reflecting on the significance of this discovery, Dr. Harley-Walker muses, "Is this the moment when we finally discover that the truth is out there?" Initially, she analyzed the data with skepticism, suspecting that the signals might be mere interference. However, after 18 minutes of continuous observation, she observed the signals repeating themselves with the same frequency and originating from the exact same location. This intriguing consistency has solidified the scientists' determination to further investigate this phenomenon. "
[/size]

If this is the real deal, what impact do you think it will have on humanity, and on you in particular?
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2023 at 3:25pm by Linus »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Could it be? ALIEN CONTACT
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2023 at 3:19pm

IP Logged

Linus

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2023 at 3:29pm

Bobby. wrote on Jul 3rd, 2023 at 3:19pm:

Ta, and incorporated in the OP.  How would Alien contact impact your worldview, Bobby? I've seen various postings of yours which indicate, on their face, that you are religious sort of person.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2023 at 3:32pm

Linus wrote on Jul 3rd, 2023 at 3:29pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jul 3rd, 2023 at 3:19pm:

Ta, and incorporated in the OP.  How would Alien contact impact your worldview, Bobby? I've seen various postings of yours which indicate, on their face, that you are religious sort of person.

I'm sure the signal has a natural cause just like
well known pulsars but a much slower rate.

IP Logged

Linus

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2023 at 3:33pm

And if it's not, Bobby? What impact would it have on your faith and belief in the Bible?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2023 at 3:40pm

Linus wrote on Jul 3rd, 2023 at 3:33pm:
And if it's not, Bobby? What impact would it have on your faith and belief in the Bible?

I'm a Knight of the round table so my faith is strong.
I'm searching for the holy grail.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2023 at 6:56pm

Linus wrote on Jul 3rd, 2023 at 2:46pm:
If this is the real deal,

Highly unlikely.

what impact do you think it will have on humanity,

People who research this bullshit will ask for more grants.

and on you in particular

No impact.  I'll just continue to laugh at people who believe this crap.

IP Logged

Linus

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 3rd, 2023 at 7:42pm

It's not a matter of belief, it's matter of inquiry. Many scientists, and scientific organisations from around the world are interested in determining whether there's life other than our own in the universe.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #8 - Jul 3rd, 2023 at 9:02pm

ET communicating with their grocer and butcher Elon Musk sending their orders?

Its starving aliens sending Musk a message to send them some delicious humans as soon as possible.

« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2023 at 9:26pm by Laugh till you cry »  

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Linus

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 4th, 2023 at 6:26pm

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 4th, 2023 at 6:34pm

Linus wrote on Jul 3rd, 2023 at 7:42pm:
It's not a matter of belief, it's matter of inquiry. Many scientists, and scientific organisations from around the world are interested in determining whether there's life other than our own in the universe.

Of course they are - it pays well.

Thus far though, there is not a single piece of evidence on this planet (or any other) that suggests there is intelligent life anywhere else in the universe.

Oh well, I guess those scientists and scientific organisations from around the world will have to keep accepting grants in order to keep searching.

It's a tough well-paid job, but somebody has to do it.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Jul 4th, 2023 at 6:56pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 4th, 2023 at 6:34pm:

Thus far though, there is not a single
piece of evidence
on this planet (or any other) that suggests there is intelligent life anywhere else in the universe.

Oh well, I guess those scientists and scientific organisations from around the world will have to keep accepting grants in order to keep searching.

Does that mean we shouldn't look for evidence? Of course we should.

Uh oh, Gregg's gone into the land of the conspiracy theorist... Way to go Gregg, how's big pharma and the vax treating you? Not to mention the climate scientists and their funding...
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2023 at 7:02pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 4th, 2023 at 7:27pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 4th, 2023 at 6:56pm:

piece of evidence
on this planet (or any other) that suggests there is intelligent life anywhere else in the universe.

Does that mean we shouldn't look for evidence?

No.

Look all you want - I have no problem with people looking.

Give them grants for billions of dollars - I couldn't care less.

But just don't say there's currently evidence of alien life, because there isn't.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #13 - Jul 4th, 2023 at 7:36pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 4th, 2023 at 7:27pm:

piece of evidence

No.

But just don't say there's currently evidence of alien life, because there isn't.

No-one said there was. That's your assumption. You obviously think the search for an answer, evidence, is a waste of money. Probably better spent on bringing  more 3rd worlders here and housing them.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 4th, 2023 at 8:32pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 4th, 2023 at 7:36pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 4th, 2023 at 7:27pm:

piece of evidence

No.

You obviously think the search for an answer, evidence, is a waste of money.

You obviously don't speak/understand English.

"Give them grants for billions of dollars - I couldn't care less."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print