Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Sacred birthing tree vandalised (Read 849 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Sacred birthing tree vandalised
Aug 14th, 2023 at 2:50pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Sacred birthing tree vandalised
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2023 at 3:02pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 14th, 2023 at 2:50pm:

It's good to see Makarrata in action: coming together in peace after a long dispute.
Makarrata is another word for Treaty or agreement-making. It is the culmination of our agenda. It captures our aspirations for a fair and honest relationship with government and a better future for our children based on justice and self-determination.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2023 at 7:04pm

Be buggared!  How many sacred birthing trees are there and how do they get that title?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2023 at 7:15pm

Ooogie Boogie

IBI

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2023 at 9:07pm

Do you actually believe in and credit Aboriginal sorcery and superstition, cockwomble?

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2023 at 5:12am

My first question would be to ask how old
this tree is estimated to be.  If it's less than
235 years old, then it's not classified as
"sacred".  If it predates 1788, then I'd classify
it as sacred.

The other thing of course is when exactly was
it declared sacred by the local Aborigines?

IP Logged

Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 15th, 2023 at 8:02am

They ate babies soon after birth

“The natives to the south eat human flesh. It is said that they engage in regular human hunting parties for this purpose … It is even said that they roast and eat their own infants, if they succeed each other too quickly. Only last year a woman not far from here did it, and when reproved for so doing, by means of an interpreter (for they speak a different language), she was surprised at being found fault with, as she considered the roasting and eating of her own child as something quite natural.” (Rev. Louis Schulze, missionary, “The Aborigines of the Upper and Middle Finke River: Their Habits and Customs”, in Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia, vol. 14, 1891.)

“Mr Willshire declares that infanticide is a very common crime among the natives, and that lubras [Aboriginal women] as a rule kill off their surplus offspring, two being considered a full family. A sable matron once owned to him that she had killed three of her five children immediately after birth, and remarked, ‘me bin keep em one boy one girl, no good keep em mob, him too much wantem tuckout’.” — Review of W.H. Willshire’s The Aborigines of Central Australia, in the South Australian Register, May 14, 1889.

“In parts of New South Wales such as Bathurst, Goulburn, the Lachlan or Macquarie, it was customary long ago for the first-born of every lubra to be eaten by the tribe, as part of a religious ceremony; and I recollect a blackfellow who had, in compliance with the custom, been thrown when an infant on the fire, but was rescued and brought up by some stock-keepers who happened accidentally to be passing at the time. The marks of the burns were distinctly visible on the man when I saw him, and his story was well known in the locality.” –– R. Brough Smith, The Aborigines of Victoria, Volume One, 1878.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2023 at 8:07am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 14th, 2023 at 7:04pm:
Be buggared!  How many sacred birthing trees are there and how do they get that title?

It is decided by the Voice team:

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Aug 15th, 2023 at 2:06pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Boris
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2023 at 3:16pm

Boris wrote on Aug 15th, 2023 at 8:02am:
They ate babies soon after birth

“The natives to the south eat human flesh. It is said that they engage in regular human hunting parties for this purpose … It is even said that they roast and eat their own infants, if they succeed each other too quickly. Only last year a woman not far from here did it, and when reproved for so doing, by means of an interpreter (for they speak a different language), she was surprised at being found fault with, as she considered the roasting and eating of her own child as something quite natural.” (Rev. Louis Schulze, missionary, “The Aborigines of the Upper and Middle Finke River: Their Habits and Customs”, in Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia, vol. 14, 1891.)

“Mr Willshire declares that infanticide is a very common crime among the natives, and that lubras [Aboriginal women] as a rule kill off their surplus offspring, two being considered a full family. A sable matron once owned to him that she had killed three of her five children immediately after birth, and remarked, ‘me bin keep em one boy one girl, no good keep em mob, him too much wantem tuckout’.” — Review of W.H. Willshire’s The Aborigines of Central Australia, in the South Australian Register, May 14, 1889.

“In parts of New South Wales such as Bathurst, Goulburn, the Lachlan or Macquarie, it was customary long ago for the first-born of every lubra to be eaten by the tribe, as part of a religious ceremony; and I recollect a blackfellow who had, in compliance with the custom, been thrown when an infant on the fire, but was rescued and brought up by some stock-keepers who happened accidentally to be passing at the time. The marks of the burns were distinctly visible on the man when I saw him, and his story was well known in the locality.” –– R. Brough Smith, The Aborigines of Victoria, Volume One, 1878.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 15th, 2023 at 3:25pm

Birthing tree sacred site= ancient superstition with no basis in reality.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 15th, 2023 at 8:31pm

AusGeoff wrote on Aug 15th, 2023 at 5:12am:
My first question would be to ask how old
this tree is estimated to be.  If it's less than
235 years old, then it's not classified as
"sacred".  If it predates 1788, then I'd classify
it as sacred.

The other thing of course is when exactly was
it declared sacred by the local Aborigines?

Soooooooo wacist, OMG! OMG!!! Questioning, are you, pale faced racist oppressor, coloniser, DISPOSSESSOR???

Well, are you, punk??

Hate, hate hate, racist, racist, racist, self-sensor if you know what's good for you, disinformation spreading conspiracy theorist,  you!  And RACIST!   Tsk, tsk, tsk   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Love youse,
Bbbwian
Doktor of Divinity (mail order).
(Oh, yes, don't you know, racist.)

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #12 - Aug 15th, 2023 at 8:37pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 15th, 2023 at 2:06pm:

... investigating police can find no solid leads to this act ..... however, questions are being raised in the youse of the legality of an Aboriginal corporation offering a reward ..... see more later ...............

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #13 - Aug 15th, 2023 at 9:19pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 15th, 2023 at 3:25pm:

Neither has any religion, Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity and Islam, for example...  Are you as equally critical of them?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 15th, 2023 at 9:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Aug 15th, 2023 at 9:19pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 15th, 2023 at 3:25pm:

Neither has any religion, Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity and Islam, for example...  Are you as equally critical of them?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Relevance to the thread YOU STARTED, cockwomble?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print