The Oils even wrote a song about it.

The time has come to say fair's fair
To pay the rent, to pay our share
The time has come, a fact's a fact
It belongs to them, let's give it back

And so......fu
cki
ng....what?

How can you sleep while the beds are burning?

How can we dance
When our earth is turning?
How do we sleep
While our beds are burning?

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Rent and Reparations
Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2023 at 7:56pm

Setanta wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 7:52pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 7:48pm:
Aussie wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 7:11pm:
Gordon wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 7:10pm:

And so......fu
cki
ng....what?

How can you sleep while the beds are burning?

How can we dance
When our earth is turning?
How do we sleep
While our beds are burning?

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No, we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Well, Romeo and Juliet
Samson and Delilah
Baby you can bet
A love they couldn't deny
My words say split
But my words they lie
'Cause when we kiss, ooh
Fire

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Aug 18th, 2023 at 7:59pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 7:07pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 7:02pm:
John Smith wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 5:50pm:
Aussie wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 5:13pm:
What absolute moron on this Planet thinks that individuals are ever going to be paid a red cent because of 1788?

What absolute moron on this Planet thinks that a group of individuals are ever going to be paid a red cent because of 1788?

Issuevoter
Crappler
Turdie
Unsub
Sorend
  need i go on?

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance - by calling out these things in advance - and they are clearly stated in the 'Uluru Declaration' - you warn them that it is not on and they do a smith and Aussie and back down like mongrel dingoes on Fraser Island.

"The Dialogues discussed who would be the parties to Treaty, as well as the process, content
and enforcement questions that pursuing Treaty raises. In relation to process, these questions
included whether a Treaty should be negotiated first as a national framework agreement under
which regional and local treaties are made. In relation to content, the Dialogues discussed that
a Treaty could include a proper say in decision-making, the establishment of a truth
commission, reparations, a financial settlement (such as seeking a percentage of GDP), the
resolution of land, water and resources issues, recognition of authority and customary law
, and
guarantees of respect for the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples."

page 105 - scary, isn't it?  First it was Albo's mythical 1..... then it was only 26  ........   now it's 112 .... this starts at page 87... page 87... page 87.... 112 - 86 = 26 .... where are the missing 86... 86 .....86 pages?

WHERE ARE THE MISSING 86 PAGES OF THE ULURU STATEMENT?
   Cool  Cool  Cool

Kite flying aspirational wish list log book claim garbage.

But, you keep hamming it up to mislead, Grappler.  Don't let me stop you scaring the children with the black boogieman around here.

As long as the reality remains in the front of their minds, they are less likely to make a fatal mistake that leads us all inexorably into civil war.

Just vote NO and get over it... get on with finding valid solutions to all the Ab original (not Indigenous) problems .... starting with making sure all their lovely goes where it is supposed to.... Jesus - every year there are complaints from tribes that their royalty money isn't getting to the coal face (sic) while the fat cats handling it live first class off it.... WTF?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Aug 18th, 2023 at 8:06pm

And so......fu
cki
ng....what?

Albo was wearing the t shirt.

As a PM.

He is lying all the way to voting day.  This referendum could not have been brought on honest terms. It depends ENTIRELY on the YES case lying about it, blatantly,

One of the nation’s leading silks has warned that the referendum on the proposed Indigenous voice to parliament is vulnerable to legal challenge in the High Court because it misleads voters.

Stuart Wood KC has produced a legal opinion that says the referendum question fails to state the core function of the proposed Indigenous voice to parliament and the executive.

Instead, the question that will be presented to voters emphasised the notion of constitutional recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.

In an opinion written jointly with barristers Paul Jeffreys and Jakub Patela, Mr Wood states that the emphasis in the referendum question on constitutional recognition is significant because there is differential support among electors for recognition and the proposed voice.

“In our view, the government’s proposed question misleads and misinforms voters about what they are being asked to approve,” they write.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/indigenous-voice-to-parliament-...

Taxi!!
Arssie, go back to being an aspiring conveyancing secretary, you are waaaaay out of your depth.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Aug 18th, 2023 at 9:01pm

Frank wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 8:06pm:

And so......fu
cki
ng....what?

As a PM.

He is lying all the way to voting day.  This referendum could not have been brought on honest terms. It depends ENTIRELY on the YES case lying about it, blatantly,

One of the nation’s leading silks has warned that the referendum on the proposed Indigenous voice to parliament is vulnerable to legal challenge in the High Court because it misleads voters.

Stuart Wood KC
has produced a legal opinion that says the referendum question fails to state the core function of the proposed Indigenous voice to parliament and the executive.

Instead, the question that will be presented to voters emphasised the notion of constitutional recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.

In an opinion written jointly with barristers Paul Jeffreys and Jakub Patela, Mr Wood states that the emphasis in the referendum question on constitutional recognition is significant because there is differential support among electors for recognition and the proposed voice.

“In our view, the government’s proposed question misleads and misinforms voters about what they are being asked to approve,” they write.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/indigenous-voice-to-parliament-...

Taxi!!
Arssie, go back to being an aspiring conveyancing secretary, you are waaaaay out of your depth.

It ain't me out of my depth, Frank.  This
fu
ck
er
is a dud.

Link

Grin

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Aug 18th, 2023 at 9:03pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 9:01pm:
Frank wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 8:06pm:

And so......fu
cki
ng....what?

As a PM.

Stuart Wood KC
has produced a legal opinion that says the referendum question fails to state the core function of the proposed Indigenous voice to parliament and the executive.

Taxi!!

It ain't me out of my depth, Frank.  This
fu
ck
er
is a dud.

Link

Grin

An ARGUMENT, arse. Not a conclusion.
An argument.
There is no way a referendum on a contentious argument would or should pass.

Taxi!

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #21 - Aug 18th, 2023 at 9:33pm

And so......fu
cki
ng....what?

Sounds like you might be scared its true, and your faith is shaken.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #22 - Aug 18th, 2023 at 9:55pm

At 6:07, Lydia Thorpe tells a spellbound, aquiescent Press Club, it is about MONEY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #23 - Aug 18th, 2023 at 10:54pm

Well - it is about money - but Thorpe is just running the wires pushing for a part of the whole deal - her idea of some mythical treaty, so she's not on my 'side', nor do I pay any attention to her, same as all the rest.... Sky and all.... I pop in just to see what they've got - everyone has the right to a view and to have that view reviewed by the public..... doesn't mean I agree with their views, though some are right.

Keyslip word for today was Sussie - I thought that appropriate after I repaired it to Aussie.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #24 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 7:03am

Lydia Thorpe was adressing the National Press Club, which has significant influence. They lapped it up.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 8:53am

issuevoter wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 7:03am:
Lydia Thorpe was adressing the National Press Club, which has significant influence. They lapped it up.

I was watching it.  If you have ever seen Press Club addresses, the room is usually crammed.  This time it was visible bare.

I listened to the Blak Bitch and every time she openede her mouth, it was clear she was delusional.

Boil her point down and she has the expectation that Governments will have a separate Treaty with each Abo Tribe and each Abo tribe will be paid billions for reparations and also each Abo Tribe will be given sovereignty over what they say is their land.

Does one word of that sound even remotely like EVER happening?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 8:58am

There is no suggestion on further monetary input from the Voice.

What there is is the potential for money that is currently being mismanaged actually being directed to areas of actual need.

This, like every other lie perpetrated by the no campaign is a big fay fizzer.

But you snowflakes keep being paranoid. While your spending your days on here whining about it, at least your leaving cashiers alone.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 9:03am

Ans, although it will mean nothing at all to you people, we are the only Commonwealth country to not have a treaty with their indigenous people.

I don't expect that to man anything to you lot ... but it means something to me.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #28 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 9:10am

Hasn’t that Lydiot nutter been sectioned yet?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 9:16am

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 9:10am:

Hasn’t that Lydiot nutter been sectioned yet?

Have you? Or are you in between visits?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Send Topic Print