Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Rent and Reparations
Reply #30 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 9:21am

Aussie wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 8:53am:
issuevoter wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 7:03am:
Lydia Thorpe was adressing the National Press Club, which has significant influence. They lapped it up.

I was watching it.  If you have ever seen Press Club addresses, the room is usually crammed.  This time it was visible bare.

I listened to the Blak Bitch and every time she opened her mouth, it was clear she was delusional.

Boil her point down and she has the expectation that Governments will have a separate Treaty with each Abo Tribe and each Abo tribe will be paid billions for reparations and also each Abo Tribe will be given sovereignty over what they say is their land.

Does one word of that sound even remotely like EVER happening?

Again .... why hasn’t Lydiot been sectioned?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 9:34am

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 9:21am:
Aussie wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 8:53am:
issuevoter wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 7:03am:
Lydia Thorpe was adressing the National Press Club, which has significant influence. They lapped it up.

I was watching it.  If you have ever seen Press Club addresses, the room is usually crammed.  This time it was visible bare.

I listened to the Blak Bitch and every time she opened her mouth, it was clear she was delusional.

Boil her point down and she has the expectation that Governments will have a separate Treaty with each Abo Tribe and each Abo tribe will be paid billions for reparations and also each Abo Tribe will be given sovereignty over what they say is their land.

Does one word of that sound even remotely like EVER happening?

Again .... why hasn’t Lydiot been sectioned?

"Sectioned" for what?

Is she at risk of harming anyone? Is she at risk of harming herself?

What would you have her sectioned for? Opinions you don't understand? Behaviour you don't condone?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #32 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 10:12am

The problem is that Lydia Thorpe is not alone and she has a public profile. If the Voice gets up, it will not be about better education and housing, it will be about reparations, but they may not go at it directly. They may attack property ownership as in WA. Or to put it another way, Money.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #33 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 10:15am

issuevoter wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 10:12am:
The problem is that Lydia Thorpe is not alone and she has a public profile. If the Voice gets up, it will not be about better education and housing, it will be about reparations, but they may not go at it directly. They may attack property ownership as in WA. Or to put it another way, Money.

Of course it’s about money! Free handouts AND money. Only a bona fide idiot would think otherwise.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #34 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 1:07pm

mothra wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 9:03am:
Ans, although it will mean nothing at all to you people, we are the only Commonwealth country to not have a treaty with their indigenous people.

I don't expect that to man anything to you lot ... but it means something to me.

We don't have an indigenous people - we had a heap of wandering small walking groups with no government or valid tribal structures with anything remotely like a centralised government, the direct result of successive waves of Invasion from similar groups and consequent massacres and imperialism in taking over swathes of land without a by your leave.

What DOES it mean to you, dearest one?   Cool  Cool  Cool      
... round out... call my fall of shot....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 1:10pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 1:07pm:
We don't have an indigenous people -

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #36 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 1:28pm

She is virtually alone and her public profile is as a fu
ckt
ard.  Reparations are not and will not ever be on the agenda, at least not in the sense Thorpe and probably you each mean.

The most that will happen is Government programms to assist bridge the gap will get funded, and I have no issue with that.  Do you?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 1:35pm

Australia's most indebted state, Victoria, which couldn't afford to host the Commonwealth Games, is seeking a senior level race baiter for $533k a year. No shame.
https://twitter.com/Adam_Creighton/status/1692698313869455446

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #38 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 1:40pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 1:28pm:

She is virtually alone and her public profile is as a fu
ckt
ard.  Reparations are not and will not ever be on the agenda, at least not in the sense Thorpe and probably you each mean.

The most that will happen is Government programms to assist bridge the gap will get funded, and I have no issue with that.  Do you?

You must be deaf. She is far from alone. Or you are trying deflect attention from what the Labor Party is doing. We only have to look at what happened in WA. Once the numbers turned against them they abandoned their moral cruisade without hesitation.

Not about money? When did the Australian Left change their tune on private property being the basis of capitalism?

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 3:51pm

Quote:
You must be deaf. She is far from alone.

No, I am not deaf.  She may have some equally looney tunes with her, but that is what they are...morons.....pissing into the wind.

Getting SFA of what they wish for and everything they deserve.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 3:52pm

Frank wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 1:35pm:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F32sJZAXEAAwS5K?.jpg

Australia's most indebted state, Victoria, which couldn't afford to host the Commonwealth Games, is seeking a senior level race baiter for $533k a year. No shame.

What stops you from applying Frank?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 4:15pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 3:52pm:
Frank wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 1:35pm:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F32sJZAXEAAwS5K?.jpg

What stops you from applying Frank?

Not a race baiter. Or an Abo. Or an Abo race baiter.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #42 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 4:19pm

issuevoter wrote on Aug 18th, 2023 at 3:27pm:
The Voice would certainly demand these payments. Just listen to the most vocal YES campaigners, but Albanese is trying to weasel out of it.

Unlike most Aboriginals, I can document my ancestors for many generations in Europe, America, and here. They came to Australia in good faith and they did not kill Aboriginals. I categorically reject any suggestion that I have inherited anything from those who stole from Aboriginals, or killed them, or that I owe indigenous people anything that should be paid out of the public purse that people of many cultures and nations contribute to.

Let the YES voters have their wages garnisheed. Should the Vietnamese and Sudanese Australians be included, or be exempt because they are not white?

👆 💯

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton
Reply #43 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 4:46pm

My stove needs replacing. Will the new landlords buy me a new stove?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #44 - Aug 19th, 2023 at 11:31pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 19th, 2023 at 3:51pm:
Quote:
You must be deaf. She is far from alone.

No, I am not deaf.  She may have some equally looney tunes with her, but that is what they are...morons.....pissing into the wind.

Getting SFA of what they wish for and everything they deserve.

Well - all of the YES campaigners are either terminally stupid or insane.... Thorpe's YES idea on her terms is simply another madness that will not wash.

3% don't get to demand here - time to take back the farms and islands and mountains that are national parks and throw all the riff-raff out..

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Send Topic Print