Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Send Topic Print
racist lies about Aborigines (Read 3335 times)
MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: racist lies about Aborigines
Reply #15 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 3:58pm

JC Denton wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 3:48pm:
if you boil your argument down you're essentially saying that no representative body could ever be legitimate because it can't speak for all the people it is representing, because they are diverse with different attitudes etc etc

i probably have very little i share in common with my elected official so how could he therefore deign to speak on my behalf

in fact this might actually be a pretty good argument (the solution is some sort of direct democracy), but why you would only apply it to the voice and not to everything else is beyond me

Nationalism is a myth that works for those who accede to its prescribed identity - which, for immigrants and their descendants, results in fewer individual identity problems that would otherwise trump a singular national identity.

It's the reason the term 'unAustralian' can be used abundantly by politicians when they're finger-wagging at 'bad behaviour'. I've yet to hear a modern Australian politician who'd have the guts to use the term to describe aboriginal people's bad behaviour... Why is that, you think?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #16 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:02pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 3:12pm:
There is no such thing as the Aboriginal people - only Aboriginal peoples separated by the likes of language, tribe, culture and values, among others.

To condense them into a single identity is to dehumanise them.

Likewise ... there’s no such thing as Greek people or Italian people or Australian people because to condense these people into a single identity is to dehumanise them. Yes?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #17 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:04pm

freediver wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 3:07pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 2:35pm:
You promote people on this racist forum calling Aboriginal people Boongs and accept any derogatory statements made against Aboriginal people as fact without question....You have shown you have an agenda and promote hate speech....You have shown you are a racist arsehole with no interest in anything but spewing hatred againt Aboriginal people....Dickhead!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Do you think I should ban Karnal for using the term Boong?

That would be awesome IMO! 😂🤣😆

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:06pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:02pm:
There is no such thing as the Aboriginal people - only Aboriginal peoples separated by the likes of language, tribe, culture and values, among others.

Likewise ... there’s no such thing as Greek people or Italian people or Australian people because to condense these people into a single identity is to dehumanise them. Yes?

Yes. For outsiders to condense peoples into a singular identity is to dehumanise them.

Many Italians and Greeks have a sense of identity that transcends their respective national identity, given a singular national identity in both countries is a modern invention.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #19 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:21pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:06pm:

Yes. For outsiders to condense peoples into a singular identity is to dehumanise them.

Many Italians and Greeks have a sense of identity that transcends national identity, given a singular national identity in both countries is a modern invention.

Ok well guess what pal... you’re wrong! See how little you know about other cultures?

Greeks AND Italians most certainly do not feel dehumanised just because you mistakenly think they do. The fact that you would think/feel you could make such a judgement call on how other people identify is problematic. It’s also a very disturbing Bwianesque trait.

In reality ... Greeks and Italians defer to national identity because national identity is what captures their HISTORY in terms of culture, language, religion, music, customs and traditions. Re language : any dialects which exist (and they do) reflect a unity because basic language patterns remain and indeed many words/phrases co exist ACROSS dialects so it’s possible to still understand the gist of what is being stated.

One other thing/free tip ... your disturbing presumptions about others always gives you away. Irrespective of the ID you turn up with.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:23pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 3:32pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 3:13pm:
John Smith wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 3:05pm:
Not sure why FD keeps pretending he has a clue, even JC Denton didn't deny he said something to set them off. Cheesy Cheesy

Oh look. John Smith telling racist lies to justify his previous racist lies.

John do you think that all these lies you make up actually help Aborigines somehow?

No lies, I made a bet based on a hunch that he had said something, he confirmed it.

Can you quote him?

Do you tell these lies out of habit, or do you think they are somehow "helping"?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #21 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:24pm

Yes. This is what the voice does. It dehumanises Aborigines.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:28pm

freediver wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 2:26pm:
The voice is based on a fundamental, racist lie: that aborigines are some kind of mindless collective that can be adequately represented by a single voice to parliament. Aborigines do not even need to vote on who is behind their voice. The government will appoint it.

So Dreyfus lied to Parliament as AG when he said it will be selected by local communities?

Quote:
There is a growing culture of telling racist lies about Aborigines, often based on reinforcing the view that they do not need to take responsibility for their own actions or their future well being.

Weird!!!  I thought The Voice was all about Abos doing exactly that!!!!

Quote:
For some reason woke leftists have convinced themselves that telling these lies will actually help Aborigines.

You lie like a pig in
sh
it about The Voice freediver...like a pig in
sh
it.

You are not even beyond defaming people appallingly by saying as fact that they think it's great when a Nazi offers a Jew a free shower.

Regale us again about what you want to see done with a cactus on a woman running a brothel.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #23 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:29pm

freediver wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:24pm:

Ha! Good one!

Bottom line? No matter which way MeisterBaiter wriggles around with his ignorant assumptions ... these same assumptions ultimately turn on him and devour his arguments. 😂🤣😆

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:29pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:21pm:

Many Italians and Greeks have a sense of identity that transcends national identity, given a singular national identity in both countries is a modern invention.

Greeks AND Italians most certainly do not feel dehumanised just because you mistakenly think they do. The fact that you would think/feel you could make such a judgement call on how other people identify is problematic.

In reality ... Greeks and Italians defer to national identity because national identity is what captures their HISTORY in terms of culture, language, religion, music, customs and traditions. Re language : any dialects which exist (and they do) reflect a unity because basic language patterns remain and indeed many words/phrases co exist ACROSS  dialects so it’s possible to still understand the gist of what is being stated.

(Autistic rants removed from your post).

Why did it take 30 years for the unification of Italy in 1871?

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:30pm

freediver wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:24pm:

Yes, I think it does.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #26 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:34pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:29pm:

Ok well guess what pal... you’re wrong! See how little you know about other cultures?

Greeks AND Italians most certainly do not feel dehumanised just because you mistakenly think they do. The fact that you would think/feel you could make such a judgement call on how other people identify is problematic.

In reality ... Greeks and Italians defer to national identity because national identity is what captures their HISTORY in terms of culture, language, religion, music, customs and traditions. Re language : any dialects which exist (and they do) reflect a unity because basic language patterns remain and indeed many words/phrases co exist ACROSS  dialects so it’s possible to still understand the gist of what is being stated.

1. (Autistic rants removed from your post).

2. Why did it take 30 years for the unification of Italy in 1871?

1. The only autistic rants are coming from your ignorant and pwned arse.

2. Stick to the topic Multi Troll. Edit : You obviously STILL don’t understand what I meant by my post. How could you? Oh that’s right .... you’re neither Italian nor Greek!

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:35pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:34pm:

2. Stick to the topic Multi Troll. Edit : You obviously STILL don’t understand what I meant by my post. How could you? Oh that’s right .... you’re neither Italian nor Greek!

I heard Reggie was covered in bite marks last week. Some of them have become festering sores.

Do you brush your teeth?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #28 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:36pm

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:38pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 22nd, 2023 at 4:36pm:

Is that a No on teeth-brushing?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Send Topic Print