Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Who might be an Aboriginal? (Read 2380 times)
tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Who might be an Aboriginal?
Reply #15 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:38am

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:32am:
tickleandrose wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:10am:
However, in order to be recognised as someone of aborigine descend, and therefore, be eligible for government subsidies, and entitlements, that someone must have a 'letter of confirmation' is usually obtained from an incorporated Indigenous organisation and must be stamped with their common seal.  Grin Grin Grin

So if I was born in England and both my parents are 50% Aboriginal and 50% English (because of their parents) and we as a family (both parents and children) collectively migrate back to Australia we are NOT ALLOWED to be Aboriginal in Australia because we can’t get this “letter” from some Indigenous Organisation.

Yet both my parents are 50% Aboriginal. And that’s how they present too. They readily identify and openly look dark and have told others all their life that they’re half Aboriginal/half English.

So according to you...these parents and their children are not legally recognised at law as being Aboriginal here in Australia. Because of a piece of paper. 😂🤣😆

Well, in order to qualify for centrelink payments, you do actually need a Letter of Confirmation.  I dont know if there is any way around it.

BUT... if Lisa, you (the hypothetical you of course)  have committed a crime - namely domestic violence, and now looking at deportation back to England.  Then, if you reach out, I am sure, with your parent's background, and abit of lobbying from concerned Aborigine elders, you will also be granted immunity from deportation.   Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:57am by tickleandrose »  

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:42am

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:37am:
tickleandrose wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:32am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:16am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 10:57am:
Whether someone is or is not an Aboriginal (or part thereof) has major legal implications,

High Court rules Aboriginal people cannot be deported for criminal convictions, cannot be 'alien' to Australia

The court found Aboriginal people held a special status and were exempt from immigration laws, after it considered the cases of two convicted criminals whom the Government wanted to deport.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-11/high-court-rules-aboriginal-people-cant-b...

Ahhh many thanks Meister for that.

This is an area which also requires our focus. IF you can claim Aboriginality at law then that bestows upon you the privilege to claim immunity from certain laws. That’s something we should all read a few times.

Untrue.

What is it about the post exchange in question which you decided was untrue?

Try and focus on what was actually posted.

When you lightly described that IF you can claim Aboriginality at law then that bestows upon you the privilege to claim immunity from certain laws. 

And this is ignorant of the fact that the abnorigines receives hasher sentences in general for the same crime in comparison to other non indigenous groups.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 12:06pm

That's it - too hard.  Just declare 'em all Australian and bound by the same rules - or pack their bags and boot them out as non-Australians invading our territory... ship 'em to Sharknest Island where we'll set up their Free State of Aboriginality and leave them to it.  Send 'em all to Maboland that they love so much.... that'll fix everything!!

They're either Australian or they are not - simple as that.  No special rules - no exemption from laws.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #18 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 12:30pm

In Australia there should be one law for all, no exceptions. Currently Aboriginals enjoy exception from some laws]

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 12:41pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 9:37am:
Now that we’ve been able to answer the question re what defines a woman .... let’s move on and at least ATTEMPT to define who might be an Aboriginal under Australia law.

Let’s start with something simple.

The person must be born in Australia? Yes/No?

No - not according to our Courts.

Aboriginal non-citizens - in that, that they were born overseas in another country cannot be deported as illegal aliens.

https://www.auspublaw.org/blog/2020/03/aboriginal-australians-not-vulnerable-to-...

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 12:44pm

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 12:30pm:
In Australia there should be one law for all, no exceptions. Currently Aboriginals enjoy exception from some laws]

Which law?  If you talked about quoted article.  He was not.  He had to go to the High court to appeal, which means the law was applicable.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 12:48pm

I think you guys and gals have some confusions going on. 

A person can free identify himself or her as an Aborigine even though he may not be of Aborigine descend.  This is that person's right of freedom of speech and personal liberty. 

However, in order to be recognised as someone of aborigine descend, and therefore, be eligible for government subsidies, and entitlements, that someone must have a 'letter of confirmation' is usually obtained from an incorporated Indigenous organisation and must be stamped with their common seal.  So its not like, someone random from overseas with zero% blood is able to obtain it. 

Now, one can say, oh you can potentially commit a fraud if you buy enough people out.  Well.. if you can buy enough people out, then you probably dont need to have government subsidies.  Or just get a fake MBBS qualifications or something.   Grin Grin Grin

Anywhere else people doing that are guilty of racial appropriation ....

in other words fraudulent behaviour.

As for the rest of your post so you're admitting that Aboriginal people get subsidies & entitlements not available to other Australians?

You don't sound anything like the usual tickleandrose. In fact no where near it.... more childlike.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 12:49pm

Quote:
'An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a person of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent who identifies as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and is accepted as such by the community in which he or she lives'

All bow to the mighty Aussie. 

I coined that expression around 1972/73 at a Meeting of local Abos having a dispute about what an Abo was at the Civic Centre Bundaberg and it was recorded by an ABC Crew headed by a young journo turk called Kerry O'Brien.

Cool

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 12:53pm

Which raises again the question of their 'law' operating alongside our law... what that means, in reality, is that they will ONLY be bound by their law, but we will all be bound by both our law and their law.

For a clear example of this kind of 'thinking' - you need only look at that Madness in the NT over that Aboriginal bloke attacking cops with a pair of scissors and being shot - and the demands that the cop concerned should not only face court over a righteous kill - but should be subject to Aboriginal law and speared!

All that for acting in self-defence and defence of a comrade under attack with a weapon!!

All that shows is the supine nature of 'leftist' governments when dealing with endless Aboriginal whining, and the absolute narrow-minded and parochial stupidity of 'Aboriginal law' and so forth.  Clearly these have no place in a civilised society.

You see the same lack of intelligence over some dork who steals a car and then crashes it, killing self or others - if he's Aboriginal the old sheilas get out in the streets screeching about 'deaths in custody' when the dork did it to himself....

Just tell 'em to STFU and if they riot, round 'em up and send 'em all to the gulag Aborassic Park....... where they can attend Aboriginal Anonymous meetings until they are considered safe for human use again .....halfway houses and day release to work etc... learn how to get on in civilised society....

Backe Oute In Realitylande:-

"Hi - I'm Errol and I'm a recovering Aborigine!"

"Hello Errol....."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 12:55pm

tickleandrose wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:42am:
Whether someone is or is not an Aboriginal (or part thereof) has major legal implications,

High Court rules Aboriginal people cannot be deported for criminal convictions, cannot be 'alien' to Australia

The court found Aboriginal people held a special status and were exempt from immigration laws, after it considered the cases of two convicted criminals whom the Government wanted to deport.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-11/high-court-rules-aboriginal-people-cant-b...

This is an area which also requires our focus. IF you can claim Aboriginality at law then that bestows upon you the privilege to claim immunity from certain laws. That’s something we should all read a few times.

Untrue.

When you lightly described that IF you can claim Aboriginality at law then that bestows upon you the privilege to claim immunity from certain laws. 

And this is ignorant of the fact that the abnorigines receives hasher sentences in general for the same crime in comparison to other non indigenous groups. 

That's not a fact ... it's actually "untrue".

Aboriginal youths go through the youth justice system like a revolving door with very little consequence.

That's why the general public is screaming out about the massive increases in juvenile crime across the whole country.

Are you one of tickles children using her account?

I don't know who you are but you're not Tickle.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 1:05pm

Gnads wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 12:48pm:
I think you guys and gals have some confusions going on. 

A person can free identify himself or her as an Aborigine even though he may not be of Aborigine descend.  This is that person's right of freedom of speech and personal liberty. 

However, in order to be recognised as someone of aborigine descend, and therefore, be eligible for government subsidies, and entitlements, that someone must have a 'letter of confirmation' is usually obtained from an incorporated Indigenous organisation and must be stamped with their common seal.  So its not like, someone random from overseas with zero% blood is able to obtain it. 

Now, one can say, oh you can potentially commit a fraud if you buy enough people out.  Well.. if you can buy enough people out, then you probably dont need to have government subsidies.  Or just get a fake MBBS qualifications or something.   Grin Grin Grin

Anywhere else people doing that are guilty of racial appropriation ....

in other words fraudulent behaviour.

As for the rest of your post so you're admitting that Aboriginal people get subsidies & entitlements not available to other Australians?

You don't sound anything like the usual tickleandrose. In fact no where near it.... more childlike.

It is the law.  Freedom of speech and personal liberty means that as individual, we can 'claim' that we are x, y or z.    In fact, it is well known in the census, people put down Jedi as their religion!  As long as they dont use what ever they pretend for fraudulent purposes, causing material damage to others, then, its okay. 

As to the rest of your post... well, yes..  we being talking about native titles... and there is this thing called Abstudy. 

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 1:46pm

Let's all be Abos and we can all be on the same scale of pay etc.... level playing field, innit?

White round for the NRL .... Gay round.... Islander round ..... Pommy Imports round ......... Irish round....

― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #27 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 3:30pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 10:54am:
Well - one of the Big Movers in the YES movement had - apparently - a great-great-great-grandparent ... lessee now... that's 50%, then 25%, then 12.5%, then 6.25% ..... discard the rest and you have a pure Aboriginal............. it's only 93.75% so not worth considering since it is the oppressive White etc... Invader ... has no place here....

Having gone back to university, I had forgotten how much of a liberal place it was. Then I discovered how woke it had become. One young lady there -- probably no older than 20 years old -- was blonde-haired, blue-eyed, and as caucasian as they could get. Yet, she identified as indigenous. To this day, I will never understand why someone would reject their other heritage to be identifying as indigenous -- other than the financial benefits.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #28 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 3:46pm

tickleandrose wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:38am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:32am:
However, in order to be recognised as someone of aborigine descend, and therefore, be eligible for government subsidies, and entitlements, that someone must have a 'letter of confirmation' is usually obtained from an incorporated Indigenous organisation and must be stamped with their common seal.  Grin Grin Grin

So if I was born in England and both my parents are 50% Aboriginal and 50% English (because of their parents) and we as a family (both parents and children) collectively migrate back to Australia we are NOT ALLOWED to be Aboriginal in Australia because we can’t get this “letter” from some Indigenous Organisation.

Yet both my parents are 50% Aboriginal. And that’s how they present too. They readily identify and openly look dark and have told others all their life that they’re half Aboriginal/half English.

So according to you...these parents and their children are not legally recognised at law as being Aboriginal here in Australia. Because of a piece of paper.
😂🤣😆

Well, in order to qualify for centrelink payments, you do actually need a Letter of Confirmation.  I dont know if there is any way around it.

Who mentioned anything about freaking Centrelink?

According to YOU.....these parents and their children are not legally recognised at law as being Aboriginal here in Australia. Because of a piece of paper.

In fact you are once again confirming it. You’ve yet to figure out how unbelievably WRONG it is OR are you this dumb all the time?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #29 - Sep 18th, 2023 at 3:59pm

tickleandrose wrote on Sep 18th, 2023 at 11:42am:

Untrue.

1. When you lightly described that IF you can claim Aboriginality at law then that bestows upon you the privilege to claim immunity from certain laws. 

2. And this is ignorant of the fact that the abnorigines receives hasher sentences in general for the same crime in comparison to other non indigenous groups. 

1. I never “lightly” describe anything tosspot! In fact I constantly stress my points in bold and in highlighted terms. On this occasion I also had the actual law which backed up my statement.

2. The abnorigine? How bloody old are you? Oh and the rest of your post is utter imagined BS! And you’ve unwittingly attacked our legal system in the process of smearing my topic with your BS.

I have to ask again...how old are you? Your posts expose you as being in Year 9.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print