freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: What is a 'right'?
Reply #105 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 10:18am

chimera wrote on Sep 26th, 2023 at 10:09am:
freediver wrote on Sep 26th, 2023 at 9:36am:
I think Chimera is still trying to convince everyone that it is not part of the human anatomy.

Correct.  Also, that adjectives in US are overdone as with many Yank things.

You are a clever boy.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #106 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 10:24am

Is that right? Do you have anything that's inalienable?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #107 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 10:29am

Yes.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #108 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 10:42am

Frank wrote on Sep 25th, 2023 at 7:18pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 25th, 2023 at 5:52pm:
Frank wrote on Sep 24th, 2023 at 7:17pm:
TGD:
Likewise,  blacks living in alcoholic and social dysfunction, and poverty, can't "choose" to "leave a bad background" because they don't have the necessary information and assistance to be able to do so, unlike people like Pearson and Thorpe and Price who did have access to those things.   

Did they chose alcoholic dysfunction?

No-one "chooses" to experience alcoholic dysfunction, and nor do babies "choose" to be born with FAS (Foetal Alcohol Syndrome.)

So who MAKES them go to the bottle shop against their will, buy the booze against their will and drink it all by midday, against their will?

"The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak".

So the question is what causes community-wide addiction, of the type we see in black communites, and what can be done about it. 

Quote:
Is there ANYTHING an Aboriginal person has personal agency in? Is there ANYTHING you can be responsible for while black?

Not during an epidemic of community-wide addiction. 

Quote:
Is Langton responsible for her idiocy about anyone thinking differently to her on the Voice is a stupid racist?

Yes....but your thoughts on personal responsibility are also idiotic, unhinged from reality.

Quote:
Did YOU make her say such a stupid thing

No.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #109 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 11:00am

freediver wrote on Sep 26th, 2023 at 10:29am:
Yes.

Oh, how you do surprise me. Pray tell.
Is it testicles, frontal brain lobe, democratic voting, your beloved fishing back in China, logical analysis or some other permanent human attribute inherited from your dim past?

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #110 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 11:05am

The sad and sorry state of "human rights" in a world in which war is 'legal' and poverty is endemic.

https://ishr.ch/latest-updates/hrc53-key-issues-on-agenda-of-june-2023-session-o...

Key issues on agenda of June 2023 session of the Human Rights Council
The 53rd session of the UN Human Rights Council, from 19 June to 14 July 2023, will consider issues including sexual orientation and gender identity, violence and discrimination against women and girls, poverty, peaceful assembly and association, and freedom of expression, among others. It will also present an opportunity to address grave human rights situations including in Afghanistan, Belarus, China, Eritrea, Israel and oPt, Russia, Sudan, Syria and Venezuela, among many others. Here’s an overview of some of the key issues on the agenda.

Interestingly, a Chinese rep recently visiting a human rights conference in Geneva remarked on the 'rundown infrastructure' in European cities (a bit like Trump seeing Washington as a graffiti-covered slum "full of run-down buildings", during his arraignment for trial...all the result of 'Bidenomics').

The West's mantra about "Human Rights" in the face of chronic homelessness and deteriorating public infrastructure at home, is hypocrisy at its worst.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #111 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 1:59pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Sep 26th, 2023 at 11:05am:
The sad and sorry state of "human rights" in a world in which war is 'legal' and poverty is endemic.

https://ishr.ch/latest-updates/hrc53-key-issues-on-agenda-of-june-2023-session-o...

Key issues on agenda of June 2023 session of the Human Rights Council
The 53rd session of the UN Human Rights Council, from 19 June to 14 July 2023, will consider issues including sexual orientation and gender identity, violence and discrimination against women and girls, poverty, peaceful assembly and association, and freedom of expression, among others. It will also present an opportunity to address grave human rights situations including in Afghanistan, Belarus, China, Eritrea, Israel and oPt, Russia, Sudan, Syria and Venezuela, among many others. Here’s an overview of some of the key issues on the agenda.

Interestingly, a Chinese rep recently visiting a human rights conference in Geneva remarked on the 'rundown infrastructure' in European cities (a bit like Trump seeing Washington as a graffiti-covered slum "full of run-down buildings", during his arraignment for trial...all the result of 'Bidenomics').

The West's mantra about "Human Rights" in the face of chronic homelessness and deteriorating public infrastructure at home, is hypocrisy at its worst.

👆 A multi MasterBaiter at “work”.

As such ... IT can be safely ignored.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #112 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 2:47pm

chimera wrote on Sep 26th, 2023 at 11:00am:
freediver wrote on Sep 26th, 2023 at 10:29am:
Yes.

Oh, how you do surprise me. Pray tell.
Is it testicles, frontal brain lobe, democratic voting, your beloved fishing back in China, logical analysis or some other permanent human attribute inherited from your dim past?

Which of those do you think is inalienable?

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #113 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 3:03pm

None.
zero
Not China.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #114 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 3:09pm

Do you think it is possible for me to sell myself into slavery?

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #115 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 3:23pm

Now that is a really sensible suggestion. EBay have excellent graphics with Qantas flight to Beijing tomorrow.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #116 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 3:36pm

chimera wrote on Sep 26th, 2023 at 3:23pm:
Now that is a really sensible suggestion. EBay have excellent graphics with Qantas flight to Beijing tomorrow.

I expect even China does not allow slavery.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #117 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 3:48pm

Dear Freediver,
The CCP at its special September Slavery Conference has decided that you are the right human to be a permanent slave, never alienated and inherent by nature. Please report to Mascot Baggage Handlers at 4.30 am with your bottle of Dettol for the flight.
Your Emperor, Right?
Mr Xi.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #118 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 3:51pm

Why do you always resort to mindless gibberish instead of thinking about what you post?

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #119 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 4:09pm

If China decides to enslave people, who will prevent it? You, Albanese, Athos? Not Biden, his ships are rusty.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35
Send Topic Print