Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What is a 'right'?
Reply #510 - Nov 3rd, 2023 at 3:38pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Nov 3rd, 2023 at 3:27pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 3rd, 2023 at 3:19pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Nov 3rd, 2023 at 3:02pm:

1. I believe in the UN vision: "to save mankind from the scourge of war".

2. ..which is why I want to institute a UN with far more power than it actually has.

Oh, you "want", do you?   Want a cracker, too??

No,  I want you to feel crippling pain every time a child is slaugtered in war, you barbaric oaf. 

Quote:
And what do you want to be the source of that power?  How exactly do you "want" the UN to have far more power.

The power of 'sweet reason'......"All must submit to rule of law, for all to be free": Cicero.

2000 years later, you STILL can't see it...

Oh, did he? Clever Cicero.  Where did he say that?

And how do you make all, including the unreasonable and the 'diversely minded' to submit to the law? How would you make laws for all humanity? Who would have the mandate and power to make such laws?

Don't tell me, lemme guess.

The UN!
👏👏👏👏

Next week we learn to play the flute and then we design a perpetual mobile.

Until then- cheerio!

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #511 - Nov 3rd, 2023 at 7:48pm

Something designed to correct a wrong.......................... think on it ............................................................... ???!!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #512 - Nov 6th, 2023 at 10:42am

Frank wrote on Nov 3rd, 2023 at 3:38pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Nov 3rd, 2023 at 3:27pm:
Frank wrote on Nov 3rd, 2023 at 3:19pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Nov 3rd, 2023 at 3:02pm:

1. I believe in the UN vision: "to save mankind from the scourge of war".

2. ..which is why I want to institute a UN with far more power than it actually has.

Oh, you "want", do you?   Want a cracker, too??

No,  I want you to feel crippling pain every time a child is slaugtered in war, you barbaric oaf. 

Quote:
And what do you want to be the source of that power?  How exactly do you "want" the UN to have far more power.

The power of 'sweet reason'......"All must submit to rule of law, for all to be free": Cicero.

2000 years later, you STILL can't see it...

Oh, did he? Clever Cicero.  Where did he say that?

Quick google:

" In 'The Republic', Cicero argued that laws are not enough for a just state. There also must be liberty. "But if liberty is not equally enjoyed by all the citizens," he declared, "it is not liberty at all." Therefore, liberty cannot exist unless "the people have the supreme power" in government.

Cicero looked into the ideal form of government for ....establishing justice, and ensuring liberty. He started by examining three "good states" and their perverted forms, described earlier by the Greek historian Polybius.

Quote:
And how do you make all, including the unreasonable and the 'diversely minded' to submit to the law?

By promoting reason over instinct...eg housing and jobs for all, over the blind, greed based 'invisible hand' markets.

Quote:
How would you make laws for all humanity? Who would have the mandate and power to make such laws?

1. State the basis of law at the UN, ie wellbeing and security for all.
2. design the necessary machinery to implement this law, noting that (sweet reason):  "....if liberty is not equally enjoyed by all the citizens.....it is not liberty at all."

Quote:
Don't tell me, lemme guess.

The UN!
👏👏👏👏

Next week we learn to play the flute and then we design a perpetual mobile.

Until then- cheerio!

Notice the conservative ideologue railing against rule of law for all, just like those barbaric fools in the past insisting that slavery is necessary  (for their own good fortunes, of course).....

btw, speaking of law for all:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/uknews/uk-in-violation-of-international-law-over-...

UK ‘in violation of international law’ over poverty levels, says UN envoy

I'm tempted to call you a primtive Neanderthal oaf, like all Conservatives the envoy is chastizing. 

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2023 at 10:55am by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #513 - Nov 6th, 2023 at 2:01pm

Something set in place and concreted into stone to overcome what is known to be a wrong.... we-all is declaring our RIGHT to secede from a Union voluntarily entered into... if you voluntarily enter it - you can voluntarily leave it!!

Southron Rights Forever!!  Bluecoat monkeys notwithstanding...  Wink

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2023 at 3:44pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #514 - Nov 6th, 2023 at 3:54pm

El-Cidney and Melbadishu City councils, of course, possess no such Right to secede from the Union and its expression of the will of the majority... they are not States and they never acceded to the Union... so we should be Whistling Dixie on THEM for wanting to tear down statues of Elders and refusing to fly any flag but the Aboriginal one and maybe the TSI one (the robot from When The Earth Stood Still)............. looks to me like a declaration of war....

― John Adams

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #515 - Nov 7th, 2023 at 10:03am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 6th, 2023 at 3:54pm:
El-Cidney and Melbadishu City councils, of course, possess no such Right to secede from the Union and its expression of the will of the majority... they are not States and they never acceded to the Union... so we should be Whistling Dixie on THEM for wanting to tear down statues of Elders and refusing to fly any flag but the Aboriginal one and maybe the TSI one (the robot from When The Earth Stood Still)............. looks to me like a declaration of war....

The "will of the majority" is suspect, especially when it comes down to 50% +1....with 40% of the population living paycheck to paycheck in the world's richest country.

The only "will" which is unassailable and unimpeachable is the will to universal well-being and security, in as much as these are achievable by the institutions of men. 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 
Send Topic Print