Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rupert Murdoch steps down from NewsCorp, Fox (Read 151 times)
Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Rupert Murdoch steps down from NewsCorp, Fox
Sep 22nd, 2023 at 7:40am

Quote:
Rupert Murdoch stepping down as chair of Fox and News Corp

Lachlan Murdoch, Murdoch’s eldest son, now seems to be his successor after seven-decade run as controversial media mogul

Rupert Murdoch is stepping down as chair of Fox and News Corp – ending a seven-decade run as one of the world’s most transformative and controversial media moguls.

In a note to staff first reported in the Murdoch-controlled Wall Street Journal, he wrote: “For my entire professional life, I have been engaged daily with news and ideas, and that will not change. But the time is right for me to take on different roles.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/sep/21/rupert-murdoch-stepping-down-chair...

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Rupert Murdoch steps down from NewsCorp, Fox
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2023 at 4:49pm

Cut him down, with the rest of the tall poppies.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2024 at 3:57pm

’I have never, ever been censored in The Australian’: Phillip Adams on his years as a columnist

As you may have noticed, The Australian is celebrating its 60th birthday and, given the way my journalistic life is intertwined with the now venerable masthead, it seems timely to recall how Rupert Murdoch and I became, and currently remain, unlikely bedfellows.

To cut a long story, apart from a stint with Fairfax I’ve been here ever since.   And as you may have noticed, I’ve rarely agreed with the paper’s evolving editorial policy. Yet I remain free to write whatever I like. Let the record show I’ve never, ever been censored in The Australian, or in this magazine. (Surprisingly, the only masthead of the baker’s dozen I’ve written for that did censor my copy was The Sydney Morning Herald.)

The question – perhaps you could call it a mystery – remains: Why do they keep me on? Out of pity? Out of solidarity with another golden oldie? Or perhaps it’s just that they haven’t noticed I’m still here. Rear gunner Phillip Adams, in The Weekend Australian Magazine.

So happy birthday. And shhhh.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2024 at 2:51pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Sep 22nd, 2023 at 7:40am:
Quote:
Rupert Murdoch stepping down as chair of Fox and News Corp

Lachlan Murdoch, Murdoch’s eldest son, now seems to be his successor after seven-decade run as controversial media mogul

Rupert Murdoch is stepping down as chair of Fox and News Corp – ending a seven-decade run as one of the world’s most transformative and controversial media moguls.

In a note to staff first reported in the Murdoch-controlled Wall Street Journal, he wrote: “For my entire professional life, I have been engaged daily with news and ideas, and that will not change. But the time is right for me to take on different roles.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/sep/21/rupert-murdoch-stepping-down-chair...

There is a s
h
it fight going on in a USA State about this.  Rupert is being challenged by three of his kids over this proposed change.  It has been kept quiet with sealed Court filings.

Charming stuff.

Murdoch is happy to invade the private/personal lives of others yet does his level best to keep his dirty linen in a closet.

Worse, a US Court has obliged him.

Arsehole.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print