Send Topic Print
IQs are too low: (Read 9689 times)
Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: IQs are too low:
Reply #30 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 6:17pm

Rubbish, as usual with horse boy.

Calculators only really help with arithmetic. Arithmetic is not maths.

You can look up things on Google, you need the knowledge to understand the results. IQ and knowledge are different things, if you don’t know much, despite a 160+ IQ, you are like a powerful car with no petrol in the tank.

Phones might distract from homework etc. That is not intelligence tho.

There is the issue of creativity, it is not related to IQ.

I haven’t even looked at the videos in the OP—are they asking for information or are they testing for smartness?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #31 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 6:21pm

aquascoot wrote on Oct 3rd, 2023 at 6:17pm:
it certainly seems people are less resilient today.

one does wonder if losing literally 10's of millions of young men in WW1  and WW2 has removed most of the brave warrior genes from the gene pool and left us with those who were a touch cowardly to survive and breed.

stress leave is higher in the police force and teaching profession of today then amongst men who endured the mud and carnage of the trenches

,maybe the classroom is a tad difficult but its doubtful it is as bad as the somme  Embarrassed Embarrassed

yes -  WW1 and WW2 selected the most physically and mentally capable people to die in wars.
Darwin's theory tells you that is a disaster for the gene pool.
My bet is that people were a lot smarter and physically fitter in say 1913 on average.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 6:41pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 3rd, 2023 at 6:21pm:

one does wonder if losing literally 10's of millions of young men in WW1  and WW2 has removed most of the brave warrior genes from the gene pool and left us with those who were a touch cowardly to survive and breed.

stress leave is higher in the police force and teaching profession of today then amongst men who endured the mud and carnage of the trenches

,maybe the classroom is a tad difficult but its doubtful it is as bad as the somme  Embarrassed Embarrassed

yes -  WW1 and WW2 selected the most physically and mentally capable people to die in wars.

WW2?

Excuse me?

That hasn't happened, Bobby.

Criminal defendant/rapist Donald Trump, on Joe Biden:

"He's now in charge with dealing with Russia and possible nuclear war … just think of it, we would be in World War II."

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #33 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 7:24pm

I have wondered for a while how they managed to make a quarter pounder 25% smaller and it is still a 1/4 pound ?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #34 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 7:28pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Oct 3rd, 2023 at 6:17pm:

You can look up things on Google, you need the knowledge to understand the results. IQ and knowledge are different things, if you don’t know much, despite a 160+ IQ, you are like a powerful car with no petrol in the tank.

I haven’t even looked at the videos in the OP—are they asking for information or are they testing for smartness?

I has a HP programmable calculator in the 1970's

There was an exam question that you could program the equation to not only answer but to show the progressive working results for the answer. Funny thing was that to write the program you had to fully understand how to answer the question.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 7:31pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 3rd, 2023 at 6:17pm:
John Smith wrote on Oct 3rd, 2023 at 6:00pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 3rd, 2023 at 5:53pm:
You left school when you were 15 to paint houses.

How much are you willing to bet on that?

Nothing.
You said it.

Great, then you'll be able to quote me. Unless you're lying again.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #36 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 7:38pm

Dnarever wrote on Oct 3rd, 2023 at 7:28pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Oct 3rd, 2023 at 6:17pm:

I has a HP programmable calculator in the 1970's

There was an exam question that you could program the equation to not only answer but to show the progressive working results for the answer. Funny thing was that to write the program you had to fully understand how to answer the question.

LOL, I had one too and I did think of it but HM would have used a RPN/programmable calculator? And, yes, you needed knowledge and smarts.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #37 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 8:06pm

https://grattan.edu.au/news/the-new-naplan-results-are-a-wake-up-call/

The new NAPLAN results are a wake-up call

by Jordana Hunter, Nick Parkinson

The 2023 NAPLAN school test results, released today, show that an alarming number of Australian students are not on track with their learning.

The results are the first to be released since the introduction of the new NAPLAN measurement scale. Results are now reported against four categories. Students identified in the “Needs Additional Support” and “Developing” categories were below expectations for their learning at the time of testing.

About one in three students failed to reach expectations in numeracy, reading and writing.
More than 40 per cent of year 3 and year 9 students fell short in grammar and punctuation.

All states have considerable room for improvement. In each of the east-coast states, for example, at least 20,000 students fell short of the expected level in year 3 reading.
Across the country, almost 100,000 year 9 students fell short in numeracy.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #38 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 8:57pm

I checked everywhere on Google and Yandex.

There is no chart showing the highest to the lowest school rankings for NAPLAN.

The results are covered up.
It was however easy to find say the top 10 schools etc.
The Govt. has run for cover.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Oct 3rd, 2023 at 9:04pm

My bet is that people were a lot smarter and physically fitter in say 1913 on average.

Not only that in those times they didn't dose them up with one vaccine after another causing all of the problems we are seeing today Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Oct 4th, 2023 at 5:03am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 3rd, 2023 at 9:04pm:

Not only that in those times they didn't dose them up with one vaccine after another causing all of the problems we are seeing today Sad

Hi sir Nail,
are you blaming the Covid vaccines for the low IQs?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #41 - Oct 4th, 2023 at 6:49pm

An eccentric genius, who was believed to have an I.Q. of 181,
Bobby Fischer became known for his controversial public remarks in his later years.   

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Oct 4th, 2023 at 7:16pm

This is worth the watch.
Mathematicians and highly educated people have failed to create this for decades.
...then along comes a simple Hobbyist and succeeds where the so-called 'educated' have failed.
The Einstein Tile.
Just goes to show, like Faraday, intelligence isn't really based on 'institution' (take Biden compared to Trump).
https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=man+innovates+einstein+til...

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Oct 4th, 2023 at 7:26pm

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #44 - Oct 4th, 2023 at 7:31pm

It's all about TRUMP in the news.
People love him!
Grin
TRUMP
TRUMP
TRUMP
TRUMP
TRUMP
TRUMP

Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20
Send Topic Print