Israel At War (Read 51297 times)
MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Israel At War
Reply #45 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 8:57am

Gordon wrote on Oct 10th, 2023 at 8:16am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 8th, 2023 at 9:58am:
I'd bet this is a last-ditch attempt by Hamas to disrupt Israeli-Saudi Arabian peace treaty negotiations.

Hamas will likely be hoping for an Israeli overreaction.

Israel has declared war.

You mean Iran?

Yes, by proxy.

I'm guessing Israel will end Gaza's existence.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 9:34am

JC Denton wrote on Oct 8th, 2023 at 7:40pm:
israel getting smoked right now

also now this seems to have coincided exactly around the time israel gave a sh1t load of its armaments to ukraine lol

whoooooops

hamas is doing great also some of their tactics are very inventive

a lot of these american adjacent style armed forces like the idf are nothing without their air superiority (which the israels found out against the egyptians in 1973) and the widespread proliferation of effective anti air systems that are even individually portable massively levels the playing field

i suspect the plan might be to lure the idf into gaza itself in a ground invasion which will be a meat grinder for them and also potentially engender a greater conflict

very ballsy and daring

will it succeed, probably not, though that depends on what the ultimate objective is

Military and political issues, along with spelling and punctuation, are not your strong suit are they?  Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 9:40am

Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran will be counting on a maximal response from Israel.

I'd bet they'll be hoping for a mass expulsion of Palestinians from Gaza which will fuel an expanded war and provide a massive supply of displaced Palestinians who will ultimately swell the numbers of Palestinian militants.

It wouldn't be hard to imagine that Palestinians living in the overcrowded and under-resourced Gaza have lost interest in building a micro-state or even living there anyway.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 10:29am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 10th, 2023 at 9:40am:

I'd bet they'll be hoping for a mass expulsion of Palestinians from Gaza which will fuel an expanded war and provide a massive supply of displaced Palestinians who will ultimately swell the numbers of Palestinian militants.

It wouldn't be hard to imagine that Palestinians living in the overcrowded and under-resourced Gaza have lost interest in building a micro-state or even living there anyway.

It's always been in the interests of Israel's enemies to keep the Palestinians in their overcrowded and underfunded micro state to continue breeding successive generations of recruits for the terrorist organisations and act as a stick to beat the Israelis with on the world stage.   
They can't allow anything that may alleviate conditions for these people to happen, which is why this possible improvement in Israel - Saudi Arabia relations has been met with this attack.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 11:00am

Belgarion wrote on Oct 10th, 2023 at 10:29am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 10th, 2023 at 9:40am:

It's always been in the interests of Israel's enemies to keep the Palestinians in their overcrowded and underfunded micro state to continue breeding successive generations of recruits for the terrorist organisations and act as a stick to beat the Israelis with on the world stage.   
They can't allow anything that may alleviate conditions for these people to happen, which is why this possible improvement in Israel - Saudi Arabia relations has been met with this attack.

It will likely be a case of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' with Saudi Arabia - although they'd need to tread careful.

Saudi Arabia is done with the Shi'ite mafia of Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 11:11am

There's something deeply suspicious about Mossad's failure to detect this planned attack.

The Sunni Arabs have increasingly warmed to Netanyahu as a statesman who can get things done in order to crush Iran.

Whether it was Netanyahu or extremist members of his cabinet, it's possible that someone was aware of Hamas' preparations prior to the attack - which was allowed to proceed and give the Israeli government the opportunity to finish the job with Palestinian militants.

Whether they were aware of what the extent and degree of an imminent attack would be is another thing.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #51 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 11:47am

This is what the 5th column terrorists in Sydney were supporting last night, along with some members of this forum.

Grandmother’s execution posted to FB

An Israeli granddaughter says her heart was “shattered to pieces” after her grandmother was brutally murdered by a Hamas terrorist — who then used the elderly woman’s phone to snap photos of her butchered body and post them to her Facebook account.

https://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/israel-gaza-war-live-updates/news-stor...

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #52 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 1:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 9th, 2023 at 9:55pm:
It's OK, she was only butchered by a tiny minority of Muslims.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 1:43pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 10th, 2023 at 11:11am:
There's something deeply suspicious about Mossad's failure to detect this planned attack.

The Sunni Arabs have increasingly warmed to Netanyahu as a statesman who can get things done in order to crush Iran.

Whether it was Netanyahu or extremist members of his cabinet, it's possible that someone was aware of Hamas' preparations prior to the attack - which was allowed to proceed and give the Israeli government the opportunity to finish the job with Palestinian militants.

Whether they were aware of what the extent and degree of an imminent attack would be is another thing.

my thoughts exactly

expect gaza to become a car park in the next few weeks

one wouldnt want to be a palestinian in gaza,

the israelis are going to be raining down the "bad news" to anyone foolish enough to be there.

i think they (the israeli military)  will be happy to kill the israeli hostages held in gaza as well

it will just add fuel to the fire back home

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
OMG! Hamas are now killing innocent hostages
Reply #54 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 1:44pm

Just read it on Reuter’s website.

Wonder what Labor’s Wong has to say now? Israel must do the right thing by showing pharkking restraint?? FMD she’s a revolting b1tch! 🤬

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 1:57pm

Hamas would not have been able to calculate the extent of their success prior to the attack and I'd bet they were wildly more successful than they'd calculated it would be - a matter of preparing with 2X to achieve X, then achieving 10X.

This over-success has now put Hamas in a lethal situation - it cannot now expect to negotiate with either the Israelis or the Sunni Arab states.

If that's true, then no doubt Hamas and Iran also know they cannot now expect Israeli restraint as a possible way of extricating or saving themselves from what is to come.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 2:15pm

again you are right meister BUT this merely reinforces that the israeli military , in a way, allowed this to happen as the pretext to erradicate gaza once and for all

that border is patrolled by 10's of 10000 of drones.

that the terrorists could get into israel in those sort of numbers shows that it was sanctioned by someone high up.

hamas too are probably happy to see gaza under a blitz, it will polarise the palestinians there to hate the jewish state even more

the jews have hopefully read the 48 laws of power

law 15
“All great leaders since Moses have known that a feared enemy must be crushed completely. (Sometimes they have learned this the hard way.) if one ember is left alight, no matter how dimly it smolders, a fire will eventually break out. More is lost through stopping halfway than through total annihilation: The enemy will recover, and will seek revenge. Crush him, not only in body but in spirit.”

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 2:22pm

aquascoot wrote on Oct 10th, 2023 at 2:15pm:
hamas too are probably happy to see gaza under a blitz, it will polarise the palestinians there to hate the jewish state even more

I'd bet Hamas is as stunned by the success as Israel is - it was too great for it now to be dealt with diplomatically or with restraint.

Hamas and Iran have overplayed their hand.

By the end of this, there may not be a Palestine, and Iran's leadership may be overthrown via a massive multi-national strike against it - if that happens, fill up your car and store some petrol... Gas prices will go like gold is doing - going to the moon!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #58 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 2:36pm

Gas will jump at least 40c... for starters.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Oct 10th, 2023 at 3:24pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Oct 10th, 2023 at 2:22pm:
aquascoot wrote on Oct 10th, 2023 at 2:15pm:

I'd bet Hamas is as stunned by the success as Israel is - it was too great for it now to be dealt with diplomatically or with restraint.

Hamas and Iran have overplayed their hand.

By the end of this, there may not be a Palestine, and Iran's leadership may be overthrown via a massive multi-national strike against it - if that happens, fill up your car and store some petrol... Gas prices will go like gold is doing - going to the moon!

an excellent point

biden has made an error , trying to reduce inflation by releasing the strategic petroleum reserve

When Biden assumed office, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) data shows that the SPR contained more than 638 million barrels of oil. After 11 months of Biden’s various withdrawal programs, the volume at the end of July sat at about 468 million barrels. Today, it’s at just over 400 million, and it will go lower in the weeks to come.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 86
Send Topic Print