Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 170
Send Topic Print
The human cost in Gaza (Read 65965 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The human cost in Gaza
Reply #2445 - May 6th, 2024 at 6:37pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 6th, 2024 at 6:06pm:
Bobby. wrote on May 6th, 2024 at 6:02pm:
More massacres to happen soon:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-calls-on-palestinians-to-evacuate-eastern-rafa...

IDF calls on Palestinians to evacuate eastern Rafah ahead of planned offensive

Military uses flyers, texts, phone calls to tell Gazans to leave specific areas;
Gallant to US: Israel has ‘no choice’ but to launch operation in Strip’s southernmost city

By Emanuel Fabian

Today, 10:29 am

The Israeli military on Monday morning began calling on Palestinians to evacuate the eastern neighborhoods of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip that are close to the Israeli border, ahead of a planned ground offensive in the area.

If I was a Palestinian I'd keep well away from the Al-Helal Al-Emirati maternity hospital.

That'll be the IDF's first target.

Israel begins evacuating part of Rafah ahead of threatened assault
By Mohammed Salem and Hatem Khaled
May 6, 20246:36 PM
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/wrapup1-israel-begins-evacuating-part-rafah-ahead-threatened-assault-2024-05-06/

Hamas wasnt evacuating civilians . But that's bothsidism for you, stinking, lying turd and silly, 'press me, I'm a tit" Booby.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2446 - May 6th, 2024 at 7:04pm

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-calls-on-palestinians-to-evacuate-eastern-rafa...

Military uses flyers, texts, phone calls to tell Gazans to leave specific areas;
Gallant to US: Israel has ‘no choice’ but to launch operation in Strip’s southernmost city

By Emanuel Fabian

The Israeli military on Monday morning began calling on Palestinians to evacuate the eastern neighborhoods of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip that are close to the Israeli border, ahead of a planned ground offensive in the area.

If I was a Palestinian I'd keep well away from the Al-Helal Al-Emirati maternity hospital.

I'd also keep away from daycare centres and primary schools.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2447 - May 6th, 2024 at 7:14pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 6th, 2024 at 7:04pm:

By Emanuel Fabian

I'd also keep away from daycare centres and primary schools.

indeed, those hamas tunnels might collapse under your feet, leading to injury

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2448 - May 6th, 2024 at 7:15pm

By Emanuel Fabian

I'd also keep away

Great.

Do.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2449 - May 6th, 2024 at 7:32pm

Frank wrote on May 6th, 2024 at 7:15pm:

By Emanuel Fabian

I'd also keep away

Great.

Do.

no its safer for society to keep pecca and fisk here discussing gaza.

the default will be them fantasising about trumps penis and his daughter and rape

this could flow over into real world consequences

the israelis are making the world safer by distracting weirdos from their sexaul obsessions

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #2450 - May 6th, 2024 at 7:34pm

aquascoot wrote on May 6th, 2024 at 7:32pm:
Frank wrote on May 6th, 2024 at 7:15pm:

By Emanuel Fabian

I'd also keep away

Great.

Do.

no its safer for society to keep pecca and fisk here discussing gaza.

the default will be them fantasising about trumps penis and his daughter and rape

this could flow over into real world consequences

the israelis are making the world safer by distracting weirdos from their sexaul obsessions

And killing them.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #2451 - May 7th, 2024 at 11:27am

Bobby. wrote on May 6th, 2024 at 3:17pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on May 6th, 2024 at 2:42pm:
Bobby. wrote on May 6th, 2024 at 2:13pm:
TGD,
Quote:
Clinton was a key player at the Camp David conferences.

Not to mention PM Rabin was murdered by a Jew  for even considering a 2 state solution.

Both sides of the conflict want all of Israel to themselves.
That's the problem.

Not according to Clinton who was a chief player in the negotiations - unlike you. 

eg Netanyhu and his RW ilk NEVER intended to allow E Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine. 

Clinton doesn't know.
Both sides want to murder each other - a genocide.    Roll Eyes

A classic example of ideological blindness from Bobby. 

Clinton didn't realize the Israelis would NEVER accept  East Jerusalem as the capital of a Palestinian state, when the Camp David talks began.   

He learnt it during the negotions, when he saw the Israelis "moving the goal posts" to prevent achievement of UN res 181, and later, 242.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2452 - May 8th, 2024 at 5:37pm

Finally the Yanks wake up - hello -
those bombs are being dropped on women and children.
   Roll Eyes

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/07/politics/us-israel-bomb-shipment-pause-rafah-...

The United States paused a shipment of bombs to Israel
amid concerns over their potential use in a Rafah incursion, according to a US official.

The shipment, which was held back last week,
includes 1,800 bombs weighing 2,000 pounds and
1,700 bombs weighing 500 pounds.

“We are especially focused on the end-use of the 2,000-pound bombs and the impact they could have in dense urban settings as we have seen in other parts of Gaza,” the official said.

CNN reported over the weekend that one shipment of ammunition to Israel had been paused, but the reason was unclear.

Israeli leaders have warned for weeks that an invasion of the southern Gaza city of Rafah will occur at some point in the future, even as the US and others have publicly stated that such a ground operation should not occur.  The Biden administration has called for a comprehensive plan to protect more than a million civilians sheltering in Rafah and avoid an expansion of the humanitarian catastrophe unfolding in the coastal enclave.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2453 - May 23rd, 2024 at 7:20am

The Australian Republican Movement is scrambling to find new leadership after Craig Foster joined Nova Peris in sensationally quitting their jobs as co-chairs in the wake of their public disagreement over the Gaza conflict.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2454 - May 23rd, 2024 at 4:36pm

Government Media Office in Gaza.   GMO.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-69014893

Why did the UN change approach?

The GMO has consistently given a higher figure for the proportion of women and children in all fatalities than has the health ministry.

On 6 May, the UN reported 34,735 deaths -
of which there were 9,500 women and 14,500 children,
citing the GMO as its source.

The two days later, the UN released a further report, switching its sourcing to the health ministry.

The result of this was that although the overall recorded death toll was almost unchanged (34,844), the number of registered deaths of women (4.959) and children (7,797) had both fallen significantly.

This difference was because those individuals with incomplete information were not included in the demographic breakdown.
Getty Images The view of demolition at a school belonging to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency in GazaGetty Images
The UN now says incomplete information has led to the revision

The GMO says the proportion of women and children killed in the conflict is around 70%.

The UN's latest report, citing health ministry data, says out of 24,686 fully identified fatalities,
52% were women and children, 40% were men, and 8% were "elderly",
without specifying whether they were male or female.

It isn't clear what age the report considers to be "elderly" and how it categorises children.

We have done our own analysis of detailed data released by the health ministry, and also found that 52% of the fatalities were listed as women and children (anyone under 18). In addition, 43% were men and another 5% were "unknown" (missing information such as an age or gender).

For the GMO's figure to be compatible with the health ministry's data, almost all of the 10,000 deaths not fully identified by the ministry would have to have been women and children.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2455 - May 23rd, 2024 at 5:25pm

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-802275

MAY 22, 2024

Germany says it will arrest Netanyahu as Israeli envoy appeals to Berlin to defy ICC

Scholz’s spokesman, Steffen Hebestreit, was asked on Wednesday if the German government would execute an ICC arrest order against Prime Minister Netanyahu for alleged war crimes during Swords of Iron.

Hebestreit said, "Of course. Yes, we abide by the law."

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #2456 - May 24th, 2024 at 11:46am

Bobby. wrote on May 23rd, 2024 at 5:25pm:

MAY 22, 2024

Germany says it will arrest Netanyahu as Israeli envoy appeals to Berlin to defy ICC

Scholz’s spokesman, Steffen Hebestreit, was asked on Wednesday if the German government would execute an ICC arrest order against Prime Minister Netanyahu for alleged war crimes during Swords of Iron.

Excellent move. International law is slowly gaining acceptance, but not by the US of course, who has invited the war criminal to speak in Congress. 

Netanyahu is bleating about the ICC's "equivalence of Israel and Hamas -  he is mistaken,  the equivalence is between himself and Hamas.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2457 - May 24th, 2024 at 11:48am

thegreatdivide wrote on May 24th, 2024 at 11:46am:

MAY 22, 2024

Excellent move. International law is slowly gaining acceptance, but not by the US of course, who has invited the war criminal to speak in Congress. 

Netanyahu is bleating about the ICC's "equivalence of Israel and Hamas -  he is mistaken,  the equivalence is between himself and Hamas.

Excellent point.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2458 - May 24th, 2024 at 3:44pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 24th, 2024 at 11:48am:
thegreatdivide wrote on May 24th, 2024 at 11:46am:

MAY 22, 2024

Excellent point.

Well this would be nothing new for the Germans.  Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2459 - Jun 22nd, 2024 at 11:24pm

« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2024 at 2:35pm by Bobby. »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 ... 170
Send Topic Print