Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
MOD? (Read 2935 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: MOD?
Reply #30 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:12am

No. Where did you get that from?  Huh

Also - I think you would be a good Mod of Multiculturalism & Race. Miketrees probably appears 1 day per year. Basically, he's 'void' and that Board needs a 'refreshing' and Lisa and you are getting pretty 'fresh' with each other.  Wink Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #31 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:13am

Jasin wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:07am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:04am:
Carl D wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 7:52am:
Jasin wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 7:06am:
Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 14th, 2023 at 11:05pm:
Gordon wrote on Nov 14th, 2023 at 7:52pm:
So, probably time for a new mod here too.

We need someone who is healthy unlike the previous Mod.

Aqua would be good. Smiley

BY GOD - YOU'VE GOT IT!!!

But I think CARL D has an equal quality to run for Mod here too!!!

Thanks Jas.

But, as I've said once or twice in the past... even if the 'job' paid there isn't enough money (or headache tablets) in the entire world to make me want to be a Mod in this place... for ANY of the boards.

Smiley

FFS Carl ... just Mod the joint.

I’ll pay you.
😐

Grin Grin

You think I’m joking ... don’t you?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:13am

Jasin wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:09am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:07am:
Jasin wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:03am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:00am:
Is it that a poster who's been recently suspended/banned from this place is still eligible to be a moderator here?

Why not? Just because they might be weak as a Member, doesn't mean they will be so as a Moderator.
Many 'average' players in sport, have gone on to be great Coaches. While many great players have gone on to be crap Coaches.

Dangerous stuff, analogies.

Shouldn't the capacity for self-moderation, at least to the point where the poster hasn't been suspended/banned for rule-breaking, be a prerequisite for a moderator?

I do see your point. But I just think that the Powers that be above - don't see it that way. That's all.

So, these powers-that-be don't have an issue with a poster not 'in good standing' regarding suspensions/bans?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #33 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:16am

Jasin wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:12am:

Also - I think you would be a good Mod of Multiculturalism & Race. Miketrees probably appears 1 day per year. Basically, he's 'void' and that Board needs a 'refreshing' and Lisa and you are getting pretty 'fresh' with each other.  Wink Cheesy

I beg your bloody pardon?? I’d rather die than be appointed Co Mod with Mister Moron over Multiculturalism.

I honestly cannot stand the racist multi prick! I can’t even imagine being alone with him in a Mod Room. I’d be screaming for Freediver to come and rescue me from him every 5 minutes. 🥺😩😔

Question to all : Which friend of mine was recently banned? Mister Moron keeps making this allegation but refuses to name said ID. I’m left assuming this BS is yet another symptom of his clearly exacerbated fractured fairy tale syndrome.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:20am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:13am:
Jasin wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:09am:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:07am:
Is it that a poster who's been recently suspended/banned from this place is still eligible to be a moderator here?

Why not? Just because they might be weak as a Member, doesn't mean they will be so as a Moderator.
Many 'average' players in sport, have gone on to be great Coaches. While many great players have gone on to be crap Coaches.

Dangerous stuff, analogies.

Shouldn't the capacity for self-moderation, at least to the point where the poster hasn't been suspended/banned for rule-breaking, be a prerequisite for a moderator?

I do see your point. But I just think that the Powers that be above - don't see it that way. That's all.

So, these powers-that-be don't have an issue with a poster not 'in good standing' regarding suspensions/bans?

It seems - no they do not.
FD, VIC and Setanta are a funny trio.
Hard to pin down.
Hell, they let Monk Mod a Board here, let alone allow him to be here at all.
They did at least get rid of that 'criminal' AiA finally.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:21am

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:16am:
Jasin wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:12am:

I beg your bloody pardon?? I’d rather die than be appointed Co Mod with Mister Moron over Multiculturalism.

I honestly cannot stand the racist multi prick! I can’t even imagine being alone with him in a Mod Room. I’d be screaming for Freediver to come and rescue me from him every 5 minutes. 🥺😩😔

Question to all : Which friend of mine was recently banned? Mister Moron keeps making this allegation but refuses to name said ID.

Cum now Lisa. Both you and Meister Eccy have wet senses of humour. Both of you need to bump uglies together and get along.  Wink Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:26am

It would have to depend on what they were banned for but, in general, anyone who cannot control themselves as a member and carries on with these incessant feuds that ruin most threads would only behave worse as a 'mod' imo.

Many of the boards here have been completely ruined with the "you're banned" "no you're banned" mentality, the deletion of posts from those they don't like and the misuse of a board because they won't post in the relevant board because they don't like the 'mod.'

It's like a kindergarten for ferals.

Having said that I think Aqua would be a good mod for health because he always keeps his cool whilst under attack, is conscious of his health, doesn't return fire with more abuse and he's not petty like so many others. 

And I think Jasin would be perfect for the Tavern.    Smiley

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:33am

Black Orchid wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:26am:

It would have to depend on what they were banned for but, in general, anyone who cannot control themselves as a member and carries on with these incessant feuds that ruin most threads would only behave worse as a 'mod' imo.

Many of the boards here have been completely ruined with the "you're banned" "no you're banned" mentality, the deletion of posts from those they don't like and the misuse of a board because they won't post in the relevant board because they don't like the 'mod.'

Having said that I think Aqua would be a good mod for health because he always keeps his cool whilst under attack, is conscious of his health, doesn't return fire with more abuse and he's not petty like so many others. 

And I think Jasin would be perfect for the Tavern.    Smiley

Well said Black Orchid.
I agree that Aqua would be good for this Board as Mod.
But I can also see Carl D being good - but he doesn't want the responsibility, etc, etc.

Let me add that you were a Great Admin of FD's PA Forum.
Shame it was sabotaged by Redmond Neck and Bobby admitted that he let the Board down (so much for Master Light's teachings Roll Eyes).

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:36am

Jasin wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:21am:
Cum now Lisa.

Yeah.... Nah.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #39 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:41am

Black Orchid wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:26am:

Having said that I think Aqua would be a good mod for health because he always keeps his cool whilst under attack, is conscious of his health, doesn't return fire with more abuse and he's not petty like so many others.   Smiley

Firstly - I have no issue with Aqua being put forward. The poor sod gets a lot of ghastly abuse thrown at him by the Mongs. In fact it IS very shocking and I often find myself quietly encouraging him to not be so affected by it because it is so savage.

The problem with your post Black Orchid is this : OzPol essentially consists of multi ids - some shared even. How this has transpired is beyond me. It’s a divisive/destructive/deceptive tactic which disguises people’s true personality and character. A Mod could well be voted in on the basis of that Mod’s IDs/shared IDs voting in favour of itself.

There’s no scope for transparency or honesty in the process. In fact it is precisely THIS flawed process which destabilises and ultimately destroys a forum.

The safest option therefore (IF multi ids are allowed to register and post) is for forum Mods to be appointed by Freediver and both GMods.  That way the decision is final and we can all get on with posting.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:47am

I disagree.  The vast majority of people here are singular different people.

Aussie voted himself in as EL at PA with his vast array of socks that, most of which, I'd previously banned but FD, Set and Vic are too smart to allow that here.  You need to give them some credit.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #41 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 9:05am

Black Orchid wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:47am:

Aussie voted himself in as EL at PA with his vast array of socks that, most of which, I'd previously banned but FD, Set and Vic are too smart to allow that here.  You need to give them some credit.

Actually I’ve spoken with these 3 about my concerns. Hence my previous post.

As regards PA :

1. What destroyed it was MULTI TROLLS (which were essentially MONGS).

2. The PA Admin position should also be appointed by Freediver but it ought to be on a rotating shift basis (say every 6 months). The panelists should INITIALLY consist of these 3 ids : Aussie, Black Orchid and Super Nova. Freediver can/should edit that panel.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #42 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 9:10am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:36am:
Jasin wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 8:21am:
Cum now Lisa.

Yeah.... Nah.

Could you stop your trolling even for just a few minutes? Would it be too much to ask? In case you’ve not noticed...we’re trying to brainstorm constructive ways of moving a forum forward.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #43 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 9:10am

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 9:05am:

As regards PA :

2. The PA Admin position should also be appointed by Freediver but it ought to be on a rotating shift basis (say every 6 months). The panelists should INITIALLY consist of these 3 ids : Aussie, Black Orchid and Super Nova. Freediver can/should edit that panel.

PA is finished under Aussie -
only 4 posts in the last 7 weeks about how there are no posts since Sept 20th.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #44 - Nov 15th, 2023 at 9:15am

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 15th, 2023 at 9:05am:

As regards PA :

NO-ONE is interested in PA anymore so all suggestions are moot.  Aussie got what he wanted and it's dead.  Time to move on like everyone else has done.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print