Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Female tradies. (Read 1284 times)
Sophia
Gold Member

Re: Female tradies.
Reply #15 - Nov 29th, 2023 at 11:12pm

And a bit of creative photography of our classic … sits in shed collecting dust … at least it’s on club reg.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #16 - Nov 30th, 2023 at 7:08am

Just a bit of chrome. . . Smiley

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Dec 2nd, 2023 at 6:32pm

This Topic was moved here from Women's Issues by freediver.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Dec 4th, 2023 at 9:34am

Took me ages to find where this topic was!

Anyway… further to women as tradies, there’s a show on 9Rush called All Girls Garage.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Dec 7th, 2023 at 8:51pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 9:53pm:
Agnes. wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:19pm:
I changed my first tire  when I was 12- it never hurts to 1have some background knowledge in your own car.  It was heavy and awkward my first impressions.

My first serious girlfriend had a Cortina MK1 , and she did all her own repairs on that car.

She even changed the motor and gearbox.

She worked in a sandwich bar and was about 5 foot nothing and weighed around 50kgs, but she was good with cars - her older brothers taught her.

File this under 'things that never happened'.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 7th, 2023 at 9:12pm

Sophia wrote on Dec 4th, 2023 at 9:34am:
Took me ages to find where this topic was!

Anyway… further to women as tradies, there’s a show on 9Rush called All Girls Garage.

As a former mechanic i rate those ladies as very good.

Sky Sports has a lady commentator Bernie Collins she was an engineer at Aston Martin F1 team in charge of race strategy. One of the best F1 commentators ever incredible knowledge of F1 cars and racing.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Symphony XtraOrdinary

Rockhampton
Reply #21 - Dec 8th, 2023 at 5:26pm

Agnes. wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 5:19pm:
I changed my first tire  when I was 12- it never hurts to 1have some background knowledge in your own car.  It was heavy and awkward my first impressions.

At 17, I changed my first tyre. The way I had the car jacked up, I put the change of tyre on. Then I put the jack down. I managed to bust something in the struts. Not to mention that driving around, the wheel was not bolted up properly. Dad reprimanded me when he found that the nut was loose by a couple of turns.

At this stage...
IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #22 - Dec 9th, 2023 at 6:35am

Sophia wrote on Nov 29th, 2023 at 8:02pm:
...Anyway, Brocky gave a good talk to the lads about stuff…. One thing that always stood out to me was his advice to all of us young ones… when driving, to always leave room for error.
Good advice that stuck with me for life.

Unfortunately, it didn't for Brocky.   RIP.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Dec 9th, 2023 at 3:14pm

Brocky had too many women on his mind.
Diamond ear-ring and all.
He became a ladies man and was driving in the fast lane of life.
But women are nothing like cars.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 10:27am

AusGeoff wrote on Dec 9th, 2023 at 6:35am:
...Anyway, Brocky gave a good talk to the lads about stuff…. One thing that always stood out to me was his advice to all of us young ones… when driving, to always leave room for error.

It worked in his own field of racing he was king of the mountain… flawless (Peter perfect). He knew it well like the back of his hand, years of knowing it. Grew up and older with it. Then he changed to a different type of racing.
You know they say you should never change horses midstream.
Just because he was good at one type of race all his life doesn’t mean he will master others at a later age.
I kind of thought that when I found out he was going for different.
No room for errors with dirt winding tracks and trees everywhere. No safety barriers there. Age 51, not 21  Undecided
Anyway….yesterday was raining here and daughter stayed overnight and was going to set off to go down to the peninsula for weekend … I found myself saying “Be careful as the roads are wet and slippery, leave plenty room from other cars, always leave room for error”  Smiley

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Dec 11th, 2023 at 8:58pm

Sophia wrote on Dec 10th, 2023 at 10:27am:
AusGeoff wrote on Dec 9th, 2023 at 6:35am:

It worked in his own field of racing he was king of the mountain… flawless (Peter perfect). He knew it well like the back of his hand, years of knowing it. Grew up and older with it. Then he changed to a different type of racing.
You know they say you should never change horses midstream.
Just because he was good at one type of race all his life doesn’t mean he will master others at a later age.
I kind of thought that when I found out he was going for different.
No room for errors with dirt winding tracks and trees everywhere. No safety barriers there. Age 51, not 21  Undecided
Anyway….yesterday was raining here and daughter stayed overnight and was going to set off to go down to the peninsula for weekend … I found myself saying “Be careful as the roads are wet and slippery, leave plenty room from other cars, always leave room for error”  Smiley

The rules for Targa rallies only allow 1 set of tyres.

Just about everyone goes for a semi slick with minimal grooves which are great in the dry as you don't get tread squirm.

The problem is when it rains these tyres aren't very good, there was a Targa tassie rally won by a novice because he went for regular high performance tyres over these semi slicks and it rained for several days.

The rules not allowing 2 sets of tyres were a contributing factor in Brocks death. The car he was driving was a very light car no downforce heaps of power a real handfull.

Targa rallies are very dangerous the Targa Tassie has been cancelled next year on safety grounds.

He raced at Bathurst for over 20 years so he would have taken every corner there over 3000 times.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Dec 11th, 2023 at 9:41pm

Female Tradies are sexy. Even the Gay ones are looking spunky as a punk chick these days.

...er, just thought I should bring some focus back onto the theme of the Topic.  Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #27 - Dec 21st, 2023 at 11:54pm

Down at MyCar here is a gorgeous lady tradie.... man.... just give me half a chance - she can fix my wheels any time... fiddle with my electronics.... adjust my oil pressure and diesel pump pressure ...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Symphony XtraOrdinary

Rockhampton
Reply #28 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 5:56pm

A female relative of mine was doing an auto electrics course, when she was 17 years old. Some American just laughed at me when I told him this. He claimed that it was kind of butch for females to do that kind of work. Then his own fellow compatriot reprimanded him for dissing women in traditional men's work. I was about to say that he was really behind the times on this topic.

At this stage...
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 6:20pm

Katie Taylor would probably belt him about the ring.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print