Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Joe Biden
Reply #15 - Dec 18th, 2023 at 9:08pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 18th, 2023 at 8:29pm:
aquascoot wrote on Dec 18th, 2023 at 6:37pm:
Karnal wrote on Dec 18th, 2023 at 5:46pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 18th, 2023 at 1:22am:
Has done much better than I thought he would.
Overall, well done Mr President.

I think he has let professional experts do their job

Right you are, Sprint. Insofar as presidents have a say over the economy, the facts are in.

Not only did Sleepy Joe roll out the vaccines that saw an end to the state shutdowns, he has presided over an economic boom unimaginable even prior to covid.

GDP growth: up

Doubled, actually, even compared to pre-covid levels. Growth in two of Sleepy Joe's first four quarters hit a 7% annual rate.

Employment: way up

Biden has seen the labor market surge, with monthly job growth averaging 470,000 positions since he took office.

Workforce participation: up even further

The prime-age labor-force participation rate, however, is now just above prepandemic levels and surpassing any of the benchmarks hit during the Trump years.

And the stock market: through the roof

Under Sleepy Joe, the S&P 500 gained 8.5% during the comparable time span.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/trump-vs-biden-economy-ec8ff89a

This has led to inflation, and that has led to a rise in interest rates.Those two things are the only real economic measures that have gotten worse during Sleepy Joe's time in office.

The rise in government spending has only just started to plateau, but it continued on exactly the same trajectory that started when the previous prez signed in the GOP's tax cuts.

We're talking three years here, SJ has another year in office to go, but a look at the facts shows things have only gotten better since the voters dumped the guy with the red hair dye and all those enemies.

Ever get the feeling you've been farmed?

dont be taking credit for the seeds trump planted

all joe has done is eat ice cream and strain at stool

Quote:
don't be taking credit for the seeds trump planted

Trumps seeds went more towards creating the problems in the first place. He left the economy floundering and his greatest impact came from his 3 trillion of unfinanced tax cuts to the wealthy that led to huge pressure on inflation.

I know. Aquascoot said exactly the same thing. It's why he gave up his DL to support the "noble Ron".

He may have changed his mind. You get that.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 18th, 2024 at 2:40pm

WASHINGTON, D.C. — President Biden lashed out at critics who questioned his cognitive ability Thursday, telling reporters at the White House that he can't remember a single time when his memory failed him.

"Don't you think I would know if I were having memory problems?" the president asked. "I'm as sharp as a tack, Jack. I've got no cognitive issues whatsoever. My memory is as perfect as it was back in 2024 when I was president."

"Also, don't you think I'd know if I were having memory problems? People with memory problems mix up names, dates, and places," he noted. "They wander around aimlessly all day with clueless looks on their faces. I even heard of one extreme case where a guy confused Egypt with Mexico. Now, THAT'S a person you should be talking to about memory problems!"

The president then raised his hand to ask a question, seemingly unaware that he was leading the press conference. Shortly thereafter, a reporter asked Biden to comment on his portrayal as a "sympathetic, well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory" in last week's special counsel report.

"Look, I don't know that guy, so I'm not going to speculate on what was said in the report," Biden noted. "What I will say is this: Our country is at a critical crosswalk. If you have trouble figuring out whether you're for me or Donald Rumsfeld, well, then you ain't black. So please, when you drive into that voting booth in November of 2020, vote for Joe Biden."

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Feb 18th, 2024 at 2:44pm

Dear oh dear   Undecided

FBI informant charged with lying about Joe and Hunter Biden's ties to Ukrainian energy company

In short: Prosecutors say the FBI informant falsely reported executives from Ukranian energy company Burisma paid Hunter and Joe Biden $US5 million for protection.

The informant's claims have been central to the Republican effort to investigate the president and his family, helping to spark a House impeachment inquiry.

What's next? The informant is expected to appear in court in Las Vegas charged with making a false statement and creating a false and fictitious record.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 18th, 2024 at 2:52pm

Kamala Harris Moves To Second Place In ‘Worst Diversity Hire Of All Time’

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In an unexpected turn of events, Vice President Kamala Harris was removed from the top spot of "Worst Diversity Hire of All Time" after Georgia District Attorney Fani Willis opened her mouth during a televised trial about inappropriate use of funds and an alleged affair with a top prosecutor of former President Donald Trump.

"DA Willis' perfectly executed court disaster may not have been enough to get her to top the proven record of VP Harris," said one onlooker, "But wearing her dress backwards, what a coup de grace!"

Those close to Kamala Harris say her team is scrambling to prepare her to assume the role of President now that she is no longer the most embarrassing example of racial diversity efforts to ever live.

In a public statement released shortly after the incredible, live circus act of Fani Willis, VP Kamala Harris stated, "I am now, as have ever been, ready for the responsibilitous station imparted on me to be ready, now and forever, for the role of President of the United States, which is what presidents are called."

At publishing time, Kamala Harris had regained First Place as "Worst Diversity Hire of All Time" after opening her mouth while on television

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print