Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Terrorist groups should be banned (Read 6984 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Terrorist groups should be banned
Reply #45 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:02pm

John Smith wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 8:11am:
your concession is accepted

John do you think it is a shame that none of your fellow Jew-hating conspiracy nutters have come with a shred of real evidence that the IDF is a terrorist organisation?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #46 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:21pm

freediver wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:02pm:

John do you think it is a shame that none of your fellow Jew-hating conspiracy nutters have come with a shred of real evidence that the IDF is a terrorist organisation?

Did you miss #33? Israel is an illegal terrorist state, unless and until it exists alongside a Palestinian state as defined in UN res 242.

Even the dumb Americans are saying it (while refusing to guarantee Israel's security alongside Palestine, which is the stumbling block, and which the US could easily  provide).   

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #47 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:31pm

Quote:
Did you miss #33? Israel is an illegal terrorist state, unless and until it exists alongside a Palestinian state as defined in UN res 242.

It already exists alongside a Palestinian state. Two even. The fact that they are too busy trying to slaughter Jews to get their poo together does not make Israel illegal or terrorist. You share John's aversion to reality.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #48 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:37pm

freediver wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:01pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 8:37am:
freediver wrote on Jan 17th, 2024 at 8:34pm:
https://www.dfat.gov.au/crisis-hub/hamas-israel-conflict#:~:text=Australia%20has%20listed%20Hamas%20as,organisations%2C%20either%20directly%20or%20indirectly.

Quote:
Australia has listed Hamas as a terrorist organisation, and it is also a designated entity subject to counter-terrorism financing sanctions under the Australian sanctions law. It is a criminal offence to fund listed terrorist organisations, either directly or indirectly. It is also a criminal offence for a person to provide or collect funds, where that person knows or is reckless to the fact that the funds will be used to facilitate or engage in a terrorist act.

I wonder if the terrorists will get their hands on any of Penny Wong's 20 million dollars?

The funding will be delivered through the U.N. and aid agencies like the Red Cross....The funding is for humanitarian aid only....HAMAS does not have access to the funds!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

https://www.foreignminister.gov.au/minister/penny-wong/media-release/further-hum...

And yet the funds will still make it easier for Hamas to carry out terrorist attacks, and for the terrorist supporters to continue supporting them.

How do you ensure that none of the funds end up with Hamas?

It is not up to me to ensure anything....Do you have any evidence the U.N. or Red Cross are corrupt and working with HAMAS....Should Australia suspend all humanitarian aid based on your suspicion these organizations are corrupt....Show me the evidence???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #49 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:38pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:37pm:
https://www.dfat.gov.au/crisis-hub/hamas-israel-conflict#:~:text=Australia%20has%20listed%20Hamas%20as,organisations%2C%20either%20directly%20or%20indirectly.

Quote:
Australia has listed Hamas as a terrorist organisation, and it is also a designated entity subject to counter-terrorism financing sanctions under the Australian sanctions law. It is a criminal offence to fund listed terrorist organisations, either directly or indirectly. It is also a criminal offence for a person to provide or collect funds, where that person knows or is reckless to the fact that the funds will be used to facilitate or engage in a terrorist act.

I wonder if the terrorists will get their hands on any of Penny Wong's 20 million dollars?

The funding will be delivered through the U.N. and aid agencies like the Red Cross....The funding is for humanitarian aid only....HAMAS does not have access to the funds!!!

https://www.foreignminister.gov.au/minister/penny-wong/media-release/further-hum...

And yet the funds will still make it easier for Hamas to carry out terrorist attacks, and for the terrorist supporters to continue supporting them.

It is not up to me to ensure anything....Do you have any evidence the U.N. or Red Cross are corrupt and working with HAMAS....Should Australia suspend all humanitarian aid based on your suspision these organizations are corrupt....Show me the evidence???

Huh Huh Huh

You declared that Hamas does not have access to the funds. How do you know this?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #50 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:43pm

freediver wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:38pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:37pm:

Quote:

It is not up to me to ensure anything....Do you have any evidence the U.N. or Red Cross are corrupt and working with HAMAS....Should Australia suspend all humanitarian aid based on your suspision these organizations are corrupt....Show me the evidence???

Huh Huh Huh

You declared that Hamas does not have access to the funds. How do you know this?

The funds were provided to the U.N. and Red Cross....Are they corrupt....Are you claiming the Australian Government and U.N. are working with HAMAS and are somehow funnelling funds to their terrorist effort....Do you have any evidence of what you are claiming mate???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #51 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:49pm

It is the same dilemma faced be every multinational company and aid organisation - how do you do business in a corrupt country without becoming corrupt yourself? It is not as easy as you suggest to dismiss. For a lot of them the answer is simply, you don't. Unfortunately it doesn't work that well for aid organisations, as endemic corruption and the need for aid tend to go hand in hand.

I do not need to prove anything to ask you to back up your assertion:

HAMAS does not have access to the funds!!!

How do you know this? Is your argument that seeing something written on a piece of paper about who is sending the money into Gaza proves that Hamas does not get their hands on it?

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #52 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 3:17pm

freediver wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:49pm:
It is the same dilemma faced be every multinational company and aid organisation - how do you do business in a corrupt country without becoming corrupt yourself? It is not as easy as you suggest to dismiss. For a lot of them the answer is simply, you don't. Unfortunately it doesn't work that well for aid organisations, as endemic corruption and the need for aid tend to go hand in hand.

I do not need to prove anything to ask you to back up your assertion:

HAMAS does not have access to the funds!!!

How do you know this? Is your argument that seeing something written on a piece of paper about who is sending the money into Gaza proves that Hamas does not get their hands on it?

The money does not get sent to a bank account in Gaza FFS....The U.N. and Red Cross are provided with the funds to send truck loads of humanitarian aid into the camps they run inside Gaza....Should all humanitarian aid to Gaza be cut off FD???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #53 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 3:45pm

Quote:
The money does not get sent to a bank account in Gaza FFS

How do they pay for everything locally? Cash?

You're just making this up as you go along, aren't you?

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #54 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 3:47pm

freediver wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:31pm:
Quote:

It already exists alongside a Palestinian state.

See how your blind ideology leads you into error?

It exists alongside illegally occupied territory -  which is why Israel isn't and cannot be secure, and why it's now before the ICJ defending itself against a charge of genocide.   

Quote:
Two even. The fact that they are too busy trying to slaughter Jews to get their poo together does not make Israel illegal or terrorist. You share John's aversion to reality.

GIGO; you started with the wrong premise, as explained above. 

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 4:33pm

freediver wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 2:02pm:

Why would i feel shame for your lies? Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #56 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 4:43pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 3:47pm:
Quote:

It exists alongside illegally occupied territory -  which is why Israel isn't and cannot be secure, and why it's now before the ICJ defending itself against a charge of genocide.   

Quote:
Two even. The fact that they are too busy trying to slaughter Jews to get their poo together does not make Israel illegal or terrorist. You share John's aversion to reality.

I don't think the Palestinians are illegally occupying Palestine.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #57 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 6:35pm

freediver wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 4:43pm:
Quote:

Quote:

Israel is illegally occupying the territory defined in UN res 242 as land which will become the future Palestinian state - a state which doesn't yet exist,  due to Israeli and US zionist ideology.

LIke I said, the US could implement UN res 242 tomorrow, AND guarantee Israel's security .....regardless of the US zionist lobby.

[The illegal settlements are easily dealt with, via a UNSC- managed blockade of each settlement, giving the murderous nutjobs therein the choice between starvation and resettlement in Israel. Job done].
« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2024 at 6:47pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 6:41pm

UK Bans Hizb ut tahrir

Quote:
What is Hizb ut-Tahrir, anti-Israel Islamist group banned in the UK?

The international Islamist group has been banned across the Middle East and is known for espousing antisemitism.

January 19, 2024

The United Kingdom designated Hizb ut-Tahrir as a terrorist organization on Friday, after accusing the controversial Islamist group of promoting terrorism and antisemitism amid the Israel-Hamas war.

British Home Secretary James Cleverly submitted an order to parliament on Monday to proscribe Hizb ut-Tahrir under the UK’s Terrorism Act. The secretary called the group “an antisemitic organization that actively promotes and encourages terrorism, including praising and celebrating the appalling 7 October attacks.” Following parliamentary approval, the order came into effect on Friday, the British government said in a statement.

Belonging to Hizb ut-Tahrir is now punishable by up to 14 years in prison, according to the statement.

Hizb ut-Tahrir did not immediately comment on the decision.

What is Hizb ut-Tahrir? Hizb ut-Tahrir is a pan-Islamic organization that was founded in 1953 in Jerusalem. Its name is Arabic for "party of liberation." According to the European Council on Foreign Relations, the group “works on the re-establishment of the caliphate through non-military means."

Hizb ut-Tahrir is global, and much of its current leadership is in the UK and Australia.
The group is banned across the world, including in the Middle East. Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and Turkey have all outlawed Hizb ut-Tahrir, according to the New York-based Counter Extremism Project.

https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2024/01/what-hizb-ut-tahrir-anti-israel-isl...

When is Albo going to grow a backbone and ban HUT?

Why are we offering a safe haven for these terrorists who are banned in Islamic countries?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #59 - Jan 20th, 2024 at 7:39pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 6:35pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 20th, 2024 at 4:43pm:
Quote:

Quote:

Israel is illegally occupying the territory defined in UN res 242 as land which will become the future Palestinian state - a state which doesn't yet exist,  due to Israeli and US zionist ideology.

LIke I said, the US could implement UN res 242 tomorrow, AND guarantee Israel's security .....regardless of the US zionist lobby.

[The illegal settlements are easily dealt with, via a UNSC- managed blockade of each settlement, giving the murderous nutjobs therein the choice between starvation and resettlement in Israel. Job done].

Are you saying you want the US to dissolve the current border between Israel and Palestine and take responsibility for the slaughter that would ensue?

And Israel is a terrorist state because the US won't accept this responsibility?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Send Topic Print