Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Jury finds rapist must pay $83.3 million (Read 3370 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Jury finds rapist must pay $83.3 million
Reply #60 - Jan 29th, 2024 at 6:53pm

Greggy,

You'd give ya left eye to nail him wouldn't you?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #61 - Jan 29th, 2024 at 6:59pm

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #62 - Jan 29th, 2024 at 10:45pm

Trump had his pick of the most beautiful women in the World. I don't believe for a minute he would hit on that much less rape her. Trump haters want to give this liar millions to punish President Trump
for threatening the Deep Swamp!

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #63 - Jan 29th, 2024 at 10:54pm

If Trump becomes Great Again.
Reckon he'll make Biden foot the bill and more some.
Biden will just say in Court "I can't remember. I can't remember anything."

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jan 29th, 2024 at 11:25pm

Mortdooley wrote on Jan 29th, 2024 at 10:45pm:
Trump had his pick of the most beautiful women in the World. I don't believe for a minute he would hit on that much less rape her. Trump haters want to give this liar millions to punish President Trump

https://i.postimg.cc/28JHXTdm/noway.jpg

You'd think so, no?

Alas, it was the 1990s. The big fella thought she was his wife. Or so he told the court, when busted - meeting E Jean on camera.

An easy mishtake to make, no?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Feb 1st, 2024 at 12:20pm

Legal witch hunt is only making Donald Trump stronger

Donald Trump’s bad week on the personal finances front is about to become a lot worse.  The $US83m ($126m) a Manhattan court has told him to pay his sexual assault accuser E Jean Carroll could be small change compared with the penalty he’s likely to face for allegedly exaggerating the value of his home.

If presiding judge Arthur Engoron follows the prosecution’s recommendations, he will fine Trump $US370m and destroy the Trump organisation, banning both it and Trump from operating in the nation’s third-largest state and its financial heart.

Both cases stand out for their political motivation and extreme penalties. In the longer run, they will sap respect for the US judiciary and boost Trump in his bid for the White House.

Take the fraud case, brought by the New York Attorney General Letitia James, who was elected to office in 2019 on a promise to investigate and prosecute ­Donald Trump.  The alleged fraud, revolving around claimed value of his home Mar-A-Lago, created no victims. Trump said it was close to $US1bn, the judge said it was closer to $US27m.

No banks or insurance companies said Trump’s valuation affected their business decisions. All loans were repaid, and no one lost any money.  It’s hard to imagine a better case of “show me the man, and I’ll find the crime”. If a state attorney general’s office is intent on finding a crime, they’ll find one, such is the vast proliferation of laws that blight modern nations, guaranteeing there’s always something someone has allegedly done wrong. Indeed, Associated Press determined Trump’s organisation was the “only big business” in 70 years of NY business fraud cases to have been “threatened with a shutdown without a showing of obvious victims and major losses”, in a research note published on January 29.

“The only case the AP found of a business dissolved under the anti-fraud law without citing actual victims or losses was a relatively small company closed in 1972 for writing term papers for college students,” it said, highlighting the gratuitous, vindictive nature of the penalties demanded.

The defamation case is perhaps more ludicrous, emblematic of a #Metoo movement that risks beclowning itself. Inexplicably, given not a shred of evidence of wrongdoing existed beyond one person’s word against another’s, a Manhattan jury last April found Trump sexually assaulted E Jean Carroll in 1995 or 1996 (she couldn’t remember which year the crime supposedly occurred) in a fancy department store.

Carroll, a high-profile advice columnist who regularly appeared on TV, didn’t seek justice until 2019, when she broke the allegation against Trump, not by going to the police or even a friendly journalist, but in her book What Do We Really Need Men For?, becoming a darling of the anti-Trump movement.

Trump denied the allegations in 2019 and publicly called her a “whack job” whom he “had never met”, comments that were later ruled defamatory. Carroll stated on top-rating CNN with Anderson Cooper that same year that most people thought rape was “sexy”.

Carroll said in sworn deposition that she decided to take legal action only after bumping into trenchant Trump critic, lawyer George Conway, at a Manhattan cocktail party hosted by scion of the anti-Trump forces, Molly Jong Fast, according to an investigation by Washington journalist Byron York.

Trump lost and was fined $US5m, in a case helped along by the passage in 2022 of New York’s Adult Survivors Act, which allowed individuals to sue for sexual assault regardless of whether the statute of limitations had long since passed. He continued to deny the allegation and was fined again, this time $US83m.

At least that award was more consistent with the equally ridiculous punishment meted out to former Trump adviser Rudy Giuliani, who was ordered to pay two women in Georgia whom he had accused of electoral fraud a combined $US148m.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Feb 1st, 2024 at 12:23pm

Con'd

Were these juries of his peers, as Trump’s cheering detractors’ claim? More than 86 per cent of Manhattan residents voted for Joe Biden in 2020, more than any other part of the US except Washington. Later it also emerged tech billionaire and top Democrat (and Nikki Haley) donor Reid Hoffman was paying Carroll’s legal fees. As columnist Bret Stephens of The New York Times pointed out this week: “We now have a situation in which a socially unpopular figure can be accused – in the jurisdiction where he is hated the most – of a heinous crime without having any realistic means of defending himself, because the alleged crime dates back decades and any kind of forensic evidence is long gone”.

The American left cheered as a rich old lady was made even richer by being awarded 1389 times the median full-time annual wage of American workers ($60,000), a vast sum few could imagine earning in a lifetime.

Apart from being an insult to ordinary people, most of whom receive no compensation for their suffering, real or imagined, such awards corrupt society, encouraging lawyers to encourage individuals to fake grievance for financial gain. Most would love to be defamed for even a fraction of that grotesque sum. Others might question the value of their tax dollars paying for a judiciary to pursue victimless crimes of leading presidential candidates.

The two cases have also undermined the validity of the more serious federal indictments against Trump over election interference and classified documents, allowing his supporters to more readily dismiss them all as part of a lawfare campaign.

They might bankrupt him, but they could also deliver him the White House again.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/legal-witch-hunt-is-only-making-donald-trump-stronger/news-story/a2afeba653b222b3392385568c2654d0

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Feb 1st, 2024 at 12:24pm

Karnal wrote on Jan 29th, 2024 at 11:25pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Jan 29th, 2024 at 10:45pm:

https://i.postimg.cc/28JHXTdm/noway.jpg

You'd think so, no?

Alas, it was the 1990s. The big fella thought she was his wife. Or so he told the court, when busted - meeting E Jean on camera.

An easy mishtake to make, no?

Did he rape his wife too?   Undecided

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Feb 1st, 2024 at 12:28pm

The rapist has sacked Alina Habba   Grin

Something tells me she ain't gonna get paid.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Feb 1st, 2024 at 12:37pm

I tend to agree with this comment:

The absurdity of these cases certainly cements existing support for Trump, I doubt they initiate much new support.

What will get Trump new support and probably the Presidency is the apparent need of urgency to address the flood of refugee, illegal and desperate migrants that have been flooding across the southern border for three years, the absorption into the country has reached critical mass and is causing problems in many major cities and rural centers....every voter is now effected in some way by being displaced for accommodation, access to services, increased crime rate etc etc....the strain on city services is immense.

This is all due to Joe Biden when on day one with the stroke of a pen, executive orders reversing the existing Trump administration policies that had been working efficiently to control the Southern border.....Bidens refusal, or plain belligerence to not reverse these executive orders with another stroke of the pen to reinstate existing laws is apparent to many voters that will turn to Trump as their only option to address the flood of migrants affecting the majority of taxpayer citizens and voters.

Then there is the issue of geopolitical strife and threats to the US, possible war, also caused by Biden administration policy to reverse sanctions and ease policy on Iran, making Iran rich again and able to fund anti West proxies, a lot of voters also understand this, some will also gravitate to Trump and Trump policies as the only solution.

Bidens belligerence and poor decision making and lurch to the extreme left and the effect on voters of this will get Trump much more support than the court cases, they only cement mostly existing support as existing supporters have always felt there was an "out to get Trump at all costs" section of powerful people.

Trump should win......at the request of the voters.....to fix the issues that are apparent to many that are affecting many adversely.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Feb 1st, 2024 at 12:50pm

Frank wrote on Feb 1st, 2024 at 12:37pm:
Trump should win......at the request of the voters.....to fix the issues that are apparent to many that are affecting many adversely.

He had 4 years to fix things, and all he did was make things worse.  Much, much, much worse.

If he gets into the White House again he won't be doing anything about immigration, the economy, healthcare, or anything else that would benefit the American people.

He'll spend 4 years going after his political enemies and planning how to remain in the White House for the rest of his (short) life.

If you don't realise this, you've learnt nothing about the rapist in the last 8 years.

Oh yeah, and the rapist has sacked Alina Habba    Grin

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Feb 1st, 2024 at 12:54pm

Iowa Charges God With Hate Crime For Casting Satan Into Lake Of Fire

DES MOINES, IA — Polk County prosecutors have formally charged God with a hate crime and third-degree criminal mischief for casting Satan, that serpent of old, into the lake of fire.

"Other than leading angels in rebellion against God and working to twist all that is good into evil, Satan has never done anything to deserve being attacked in such a vicious manner," said Polk County prosecutor Mitchell Radcliffe. "Plus, look at this nice statue - Satan is just a poor red man with horns and goat legs. He's the minority of minorities. Iowa will simply not abide the Most Holy God doling out judgment like that."

Prosecutors argue that the Lord of Creation was in the wrong for casting Satan out of Heaven because it was "mean" and a "violation of religious freedom". The Son and Holy Spirit have so far not been charged. According to court records, God is required to appear before a judge on March 3 or face a hefty fine of $1,500.  "No one is above the law," said Radcliffe. "Here in Iowa, religious rights take precedence over any sort of 'God'."

A spokesperson for the Most High God reported that He would graciously not appear in court so as not to destroy the entire courthouse and everyone inside.

Not satire. Possibly a parable.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Feb 1st, 2024 at 1:31pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 1st, 2024 at 12:28pm:
The rapist has sacked Alina Habba   Grin

Something tells me she ain't gonna get paid.

I am in the process, along with my team, of interviewing various law firms to represent me in an Appeal of one of the most ridiculous and unfair Witch Hunts our Country has ever seen - The defamation Sham presided over by a Clinton appointed, highly partisan, Trump Hating Judge, Lewis Kaplan, who was, together with certain other Radical Left Democrat Judges, one of the most partisan and out of control activists that I have ever appeared before. He was a “bully” who demanded two trials, rather than one, denied me Due Process, would not allow me to put forth vital evidence (of which there was much!), and only allowed me to be on the witness stand for minutes, telling my lawyer what to ask, and telling me to only give one word answers, as his wife and friends sat in cordoned off front row seats watching with glee. This entire HOAX is a disgrace to our American System of Justice. Any lawyer who takes a TRUMP CASE is either “CRAZY,” or a TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT. I will make my decision soon!

Considering Alina Habba is the worst lawyer in the world (literally), and she has just cost the rapist $83.3 million, looking for a new lawyer is probably a good idea.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #73 - Feb 1st, 2024 at 1:44pm

This was a civil trial where Trump was found guilty by a jury....What does this have to do with the Republican Party when a private citizen is convicted by a jury....Trump will defame Carroll again and find himself in court again....Donald Trump cannot control himself!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Feb 1st, 2024 at 1:51pm

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 1st, 2024 at 1:44pm:
This was a civil trial where Trump was found guilty by a jury....What does this have to do with the Republican Party when a private citizen is convicted by a jury....Trump will defame Carroll again and find himself in court again....Donald Trump cannot control himself!!!

Funnily enough, the rapist hasn't defamed her again since he copped the $83.3 million fine.

Is he starting to learn his lesson?   Undecided

One thing we know for sure, Alina Habba is history and she won't be getting paid.

She'll have to sue the rapist if she wants to see any money.

MAGA = Make Attorneys Get Attorneys

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Send Topic Print