Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Drug overdose deaths outnumber gun deaths (Read 2457 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Drug overdose deaths outnumber gun deaths
Reply #30 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 4:32pm

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 3:31pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 10:57am:
Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 10:26am:
AusGeoff wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 10:40pm:
An attempted comparison between US firearm deaths and
drug overdose deaths is, of course, untenable.  I guess the
intention of this absurd OP was an attempt to diminish the
impact of gun deaths in some way.

US gun-related deaths from preventable, intentional, and
undetermined causes totalled 48,830 in 2021 —which as
well as being disastrous would be largely preventable by
rewriting the outmoded 2nd Amendment in order to suit a
21st century society as well as currently available firearms,
-
rather than 200-year-old  single shot long guns.

At any rate, it's highly unlikely that any nutjob with a grudge
against society is gonna walk into a shopping mall or school
armed with a handful of Es or a bag of meth and kill ten or
twenty people on the spot is it?

How would you rewrite the Second Amendment?

The right of people to keep and bear arms on their own property shall not be infringed.

Under no circumstance may a citizen carry a firearm in a public area, unless given a legal permit in the court of law.

Firearm purchasing and ownership requirements include: a legal background check, no criminal record, at least 21 years of age, and must be neurotypical.

Assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition firearms of all kinds are prohibited from purchasing or possessing by any individual.

Governmental agencies have the right to possess all forms of weapons in order to secure the
freedom of the state and safety of the country.

That’s not a rewrite ...

It is, actually.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 4:34pm

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 3:44pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 12:44pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Feb 4th, 2024 at 10:41pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 4th, 2024 at 12:12pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 9:51pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 10:11pm:
So, drug deaths are meant to excuse gun deaths then?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No, it shows that you don't care about deaths. Just restricting the only people not responsible for gun deaths! It's the same problem with our democrats, they don't reason out problems. It is always about "how they feel" about an issue.

*SIGH*

Your clairvoyance is working overtime it seems, Mort.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I can only go with what I see, you don't care about the cost in lives, just that those evil tools should be under the complete control of the government. Far be it for you to understand that guns prevent more crimes than they cause here. This is a time for honest people to consider what to do. The military age men who have entered this country
bnbn illegally far outnumber our law enforcement and military. Why would biden and his puppeteers want that?

More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows

More firearms do not keep people safe, hard numbers show. Why do so many Americans believe the opposite?

Because ...

Whatever the "because", mort was wrong.

More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #32 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 5:29pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 4:32pm:

-

The right of people to keep and bear arms on their own property shall not be infringed.

Under no circumstance may a citizen carry a firearm in a public area, unless given a legal permit in the court of law.

Firearm purchasing and ownership requirements include: a legal background check, no criminal record, at least 21 years of age, and must be neurotypical.

Assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition firearms of all kinds are prohibited from purchasing or possessing by any individual.

Governmental agencies have the right to possess all forms of weapons in order to secure the

That’s not a rewrite ...

It is, actually.

You left a bit out and in no way is it a rewrite, suggest a good dictionary would help.

“ That’s not a rewrite that’s a list of suggestions for a rewrite.”
If you are going to quote then give the full quote or use the convention “ . . .then the part quote, followed by . . .if more quote would have followed.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 5:50pm

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 5:29pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 4:32pm:

-

That’s not a rewrite ...

It is, actually.

You left a bit out and in no way is it a rewrite, suggest a good dictionary would help.

“ That’s not a rewrite that’s a list of suggestions for a rewrite.”
If you are going to quote then give the full quote or use the convention “ . . .then the part quote, followed by . . .if more quote would have followed.

You can deny it as much as you like, but you're wrong - it is a rewrite.

It's not by me; I should have included a link.

I'll look for it.

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #34 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 7:21pm

“Under no circumstance may a citizen carry a firearm in a public area, unless given a legal permit in the court of law.”
What about going to the assistance of a police officer who needs help?

Or to the assistance of a little old lady who is being threatened by a group of youths?

Or the next door neighbour who is being attacked in the street?

And why no criminal record?

The criminal offence may have nothing to do with violence, it may have been avoiding taxes, passing bad cheques and we should always remember that.time sentenced can be the definitor and this can vary from State to State and even vary within a State, in fact it can depend on weather the Judge got a nookie the night before.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2024 at 7:30pm by Sir Eoin O Fada »  

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #35 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 8:04pm

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 7:21pm:
“Under no circumstance may a citizen carry a firearm in a public area, unless given a legal permit in the court of law.”

Or to the assistance of a little old lady who is being threatened by a group of youths?

I'd assume Greg means you need a permit to possess a permit to carry and to use and any "Law abiding Firearm Owner" would be quite willing to comply with that requirement.  I assume your such a creature, Eugene?

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #36 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 8:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 8:04pm:

I'd assume Greg means you need a permit to possess a permit to carry and to use and any "Law abiding Firearm Owner" would be quite willing to comply with that requirement.  I assume your such a creature, Eugene?

I am indeed and will defend our firearm laws ; I comply with the law in all respects, even those bits I don’t agree with.
But what I was pointing out above is that there appears to be no leeway..

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #37 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 8:26pm

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 8:17pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 8:04pm:

I am indeed and will defend our firearm laws ; I comply with the law in all respects, even those bits I don’t agree with.
But what I was pointing out above is that there appears to be no leeway..

Is there ever any, "leeway" where the law is concerned about?  You seem to have some strange ideas about how the law operates.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #38 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 11:45am:
So, drug deaths are meant to excuse gun deaths then?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No, it shows that you don't care about deaths. Just restricting the only people not responsible for gun deaths! It's the same problem with our democrats, they don't reason out problems. It is always about "how they feel" about an issue.

*SIGH*

Your clairvoyance is working overtime it seems, Mort.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I can only go with what I see, you don't care about the cost in lives, just that those evil tools should be under the complete control of the government. Far be it for you to understand that guns prevent more crimes than they cause here. This is a time for honest people to consider what to do. The military age men who have entered this country
bnbn illegally far outnumber our law enforcement and military. Why would biden and his puppeteers want that?

Who says they want it, Mort, except for people like you?  What was Trump doing when he was el Presidente?  Bugger all.  He tried to erect a fence that was easily circumvented, which he supposedly tried to have Mexico pay for. If you want someone who doesn't care about deaths look at Trump.  He did nothing about guns or drugs when el Presidente.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me, what a WOFTAM.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Who? The current Administration does. You must not be getting the latest reports from the Border. Your sources must really censor and shape your information to be so ill informed. Illegals are given a choice of which sanctuary city they would like to be transported to. School children in those cities are now being sent home and their schools turned into "migrant centers". Our government is removing the American poor from public housing to make room for more of bidens future voters. Coming from a third world country to Estados Unidos  is better than winning the powerball lottery. Free housing, healthcare, food, utilities and a regular income while our homeless and veterans are ignored. The population of the United States has increased over ten percent since biden canceled sensible immigration laws. Before his first day as puppet we already had at least 40,000,000 unassimilated people with no love for the country they live in.

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #39 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:39pm

White America doesn't have a gun problem, pretending that is racist is hypocritical. Simple facts the people that built western civilization are not the problem. You people love to lump us all together. Western Europe has the same problems and for the same reasons. People with third world mentalities are the law breakers.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #40 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:44pm

Mortdooley wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:30pm:

*SIGH*

Who says they want it, Mort, except for people like you?  What was Trump doing when he was el Presidente?  Bugger all.  He tried to erect a fence that was easily circumvented, which he supposedly tried to have Mexico pay for. If you want someone who doesn't care about deaths look at Trump.  He did nothing about guns or drugs when el Presidente.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me, what a WOFTAM.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Who? The current Administration does. You must not be getting the latest reports from the Border. Your sources must really censor and shape your information to be so ill informed. Illegals are given a choice of which sanctuary city they would like to be transported to. School children in those cities are now being sent home and their schools turned into "migrant centers". Our government is removing the American poor from public housing to make room for more of bidens future voters. Coming from a third world country to Estados Unidos  is better than winning the powerball lottery. Free housing, healthcare, food, utilities and a regular income while our homeless and veterans are ignored. The population of the United States has increased over ten percent since biden canceled sensible immigration laws. Before his first day as puppet we already had at least 40,000,000 unassimilated people with no love for the country they live in.

Funny, I can't find any public statements that support your view, Mort.  Care to provide a quote from Biden or any one in his Administration?  Anyone?  No, didn't think so.  You got any references to schools being closed?  Public Housing having American poor evicted?  Any at all?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #41 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:46pm

Mortdooley wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:39pm:
White America doesn't have a gun problem, pretending that is racist is hypocritical. Simple facts the people that built western civilization are not the problem. You people love to lump us all together. Western Europe has the same problems and for the same reasons. People with third world mentalities are the law breakers.

Such Racism, such Xenophobia, Mort.  What ever happened to "Give us your poor, you destitute?" Are you a "Know Nothing"?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #42 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:46pm:

Such Racism, such Xenophobia, Mort.  What ever happened to "Give us your poor, you destitute?" Are you a "Know Nothing"?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

There is a system of "Legal Immigration", if you bypass that you are a law breaker and need to be expelled!

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #43 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 10:16pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:44pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:30pm:

*SIGH*

Funny, I can't find any public statements that support your view, Mort.  Care to provide a quote from Biden or any one in his Administration?  Anyone?  No, didn't think so.  You got any references to schools being closed?  Public Housing having American poor evicted?  Any at all?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Reports are hard to find after originally reported.

Where are migrants being housed in NYC?
The city has proposed using a variety of locations as emergency housing for migrants. It has housed people in hotels, emergency tent shelters on Randall's Island, school gymnasiums and office buildings and is now looking to new places, like the parking lot of a state psychiatric hospital.Dec 6, 2023

New York wanted to seize the cruise ships that sail out of there but were told by the cruise lines they will relocate before that happens.

Chicago plan to house immigrants in school draws hundreds for heated town hall

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/?p=391939

NEW YORK -- New York City officials confirm a pilot program is being launched to provide some asylum seekers with pre-paid debit cards. The cards will be provided to an initial 500 families with children for use exclusively at bodegas, supermarkets and grocery and convenience stores.

You need to be a little more specific to find what was reported just a few days ago because a vague google search just doesn't find it.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 11:02pm

You might want to resurrect the exclamation mark, Mort. With posts like this, dear, I feel you need it.

Try this:

White America doesn't have a gun problem, pretending that is racist is hypocritical! Simple facts the people that built western civilization are not the problem! You people love to lump us all together! Western Europe has the same problems and for the same reasons. People with third world mentalities are the law breakers!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print