Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Drug overdose deaths outnumber gun deaths (Read 2458 times)
AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Re: Drug overdose deaths outnumber gun deaths
Reply #45 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 11:29pm

Mortdooley wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:39pm:
White America doesn't have a gun problem, pretending that is racist is hypocritical.

"White America" does have its own gun problem:

In 2020, 12,179 Black Americans were killed with guns compared
with 7,286 white Americans.
   —https://wisqars.cdc.gov/fatal-reports

That's more than 7K unnecessary deaths due to firearms.  If you
seriously consider that to be NOT a problem Mort, then you're even
less compassionate than I thought.  And, ironically, your comment
along these lines is itself based on your own inherent racism.

Western Europe has the same problems and for the same reasons. People with third world mentalities are the law breakers.

Not so at all...

Firearms and deaths by firearms in the EU.

There are currently 25 million gun owners in the EU. Together,
they own approximately 79.8 million guns. This means an average
gun ownership rate of 15.7 guns per 100 people.

The United States has the highest gun ownership rate with
120.5 firearms per 100 people. Yemen is second highest
with 52.8 firearms per 100 people.  In Australia, that figure
is only  3.4 firearms per 100 people.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #46 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 11:14am

Mortdooley wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:54pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:46pm:
White America doesn't have a gun problem, pretending that is racist is hypocritical. Simple facts the people that built western civilization are not the problem. You people love to lump us all together. Western Europe has the same problems and for the same reasons. People with third world mentalities are the law breakers.

Such Racism, such Xenophobia, Mort.  What ever happened to "Give us your poor, you destitute?" Are you a "Know Nothing"?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

There is a system of "Legal Immigration", if you bypass that you are a law breaker and need to be expelled!

Unless you are an Asylum Seeker, Mort.  You need to acquaint yourself with the law, mate.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #47 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 11:17am

Mortdooley wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 10:16pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:44pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:30pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 11:45am:
Mortdooley wrote on Feb 4th, 2024 at 10:41pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 4th, 2024 at 12:12pm:
Mortdooley wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 9:51pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 10:11pm:
So, drug deaths are meant to excuse gun deaths then?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No, it shows that you don't care about deaths. Just restricting the only people not responsible for gun deaths! It's the same problem with our democrats, they don't reason out problems. It is always about "how they feel" about an issue.

*SIGH*

Your clairvoyance is working overtime it seems, Mort.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I can only go with what I see, you don't care about the cost in lives, just that those evil tools should be under the complete control of the government. Far be it for you to understand that guns prevent more crimes than they cause here. This is a time for honest people to consider what to do. The military age men who have entered this country
bnbn illegally far outnumber our law enforcement and military. Why would biden and his puppeteers want that?

Who says they want it, Mort, except for people like you?  What was Trump doing when he was el Presidente?  Bugger all.  He tried to erect a fence that was easily circumvented, which he supposedly tried to have Mexico pay for. If you want someone who doesn't care about deaths look at Trump.  He did nothing about guns or drugs when el Presidente.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me, what a WOFTAM.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Who? The current Administration does. You must not be getting the latest reports from the Border. Your sources must really censor and shape your information to be so ill informed. Illegals are given a choice of which sanctuary city they would like to be transported to. School children in those cities are now being sent home and their schools turned into "migrant centers". Our government is removing the American poor from public housing to make room for more of bidens future voters. Coming from a third world country to Estados Unidos  is better than winning the powerball lottery. Free housing, healthcare, food, utilities and a regular income while our homeless and veterans are ignored. The population of the United States has increased over ten percent since biden canceled sensible immigration laws. Before his first day as puppet we already had at least 40,000,000 unassimilated people with no love for the country they live in.

Funny, I can't find any public statements that support your view, Mort.  Care to provide a quote from Biden or any one in his Administration?  Anyone?  No, didn't think so.  You got any references to schools being closed?  Public Housing having American poor evicted?  Any at all?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Reports are hard to find after originally reported.

Where are migrants being housed in NYC?
The city has proposed using a variety of locations as emergency housing for migrants. It has housed people in hotels, emergency tent shelters on Randall's Island, school gymnasiums and office buildings and is now looking to new places, like the parking lot of a state psychiatric hospital.Dec 6, 2023

New York wanted to seize the cruise ships that sail out of there but were told by the cruise lines they will relocate before that happens.

Chicago plan to house immigrants in school draws hundreds for heated town hall

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/?p=391939

NEW YORK -- New York City officials confirm a pilot program is being launched to provide some asylum seekers with pre-paid debit cards. The cards will be provided to an initial 500 families with children for use exclusively at bodegas, supermarkets and grocery and convenience stores.

You need to be a little more specific to find what was reported just a few days ago because a vague google search just doesn't find it. 

Which makes me think your scrabbling for stories to support your claims, Mort. Still waiting on your quotes from Biden and his Administration. Tsk, tsk, tsk... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 11:59am

White America doesn't have a gun problem, pretending that is racist is hypocritical. Simple facts the people that built western civilization are not the problem. You people love to lump us all together. Western Europe has the same problems and for the same reasons. People with third world mentalities are the law breakers.

Such Racism, such Xenophobia, Mort.  What ever happened to "Give us your poor, you destitute?" Are you a "Know Nothing"?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

There is a system of "Legal Immigration", if you bypass that you are a law breaker and need to be expelled!

Not if you're claiming asylum.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 6:55pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 6th, 2024 at 11:59am:

Not if you're claiming asylum.

That's "legal immigration" in a nutshell: going to court and having your claim heard. That's the system.

If Mort wants to change this, he needs to encourage his federal representative to support legislative change.

Something tells me he won't. Something tells me Mort's just having a bit of a rant.

I do feel he needs more exclamation marks.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #50 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 9:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 6th, 2024 at 11:14am:

Unless you are an Asylum Seeker, Mort.  You need to acquaint yourself with the law, mate.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The current rules are ignored, if you need to apply for asylum you go to the nearest safe country. You do not enter the US and vanish into this country. If you are able to return home on occasion to visit family you do not qualify. Invaders are coached on what to say to CBP and then apply for free food, phones, housing and a labor free income. Sex and drug trafficking are at an all time high as is violent crimes.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/02/04/senate-releases-establishment...

https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/02/05/bipartisan-border-bill-worse-...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/05/tom-cotton-opposes-pro-migration-b...

The only question is how long before the country falls. When freedom is lost in America it will soon be lost everywhere in the World.

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #51 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 9:43pm

Brietbart?  Bullshitters and poo stirrers, Mort.  Give me some real evidence, not from a right-wing mob like that. Asylum Seekers do not "disappear" anywhere. Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Feb 7th, 2024 at 9:52am

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 6th, 2024 at 9:43pm:
Brietbart?  Bullshitters and poo stirrers, Mort.  Give me some real evidence, not from a right-wing mob like that. Asylum Seekers do not "disappear" anywhere. Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Why do you ALWAYS talk such complete rot, cockwomble? Why?

U.S. Immigration Courts & Aliens Who Disappear Before Trial

Key Takeaways
43 percent of all aliens free pending trial failed to appear for court in 2017.
Since 1996, 37 percent of all aliens free before trial disappeared from court.
Aliens abscond from court more often today than they did before 9/11.
Deportation orders for failing to appear in court exceed deportation orders from cases that were tried by 306 percent.
46 percent of all unaccompanied children disappeared from U.S. immigration courts from 2013 through 2017.
49 percent of unaccompanied children failed to appear in U.S. immigration courts in 2017.

https://cis.org/Report/Immigration-Courts-Aliens-Disappear-Trial

The author: Mark H. Metcalf is a former judge on the immigration court in Miami, Fla. Under President George W. Bush he served in several posts at the Justice and Defense Departments. In 2023 he was elected Kentucky State Treasurer

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #53 - Feb 7th, 2024 at 1:45pm

2017 is a fair time ago, Soren.  Try again.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Feb 7th, 2024 at 2:40pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 7th, 2024 at 1:45pm:
2017 is a fair time ago, Soren.  Try again.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Do you have any more recent figures to hand, cockwomble? Any figures that show change in the last 6-7 years?
Any figures to show that things are different today?

Go on, numpty, you have doktoral level research skills, after all.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #55 - Feb 7th, 2024 at 2:43pm

Asylum Seekers who know they will be welcomed by the country they are fleeing to, do not disappear.  The  problem is your hostility, Soren.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #56 - Feb 7th, 2024 at 7:29pm

Frank wrote on Feb 7th, 2024 at 2:40pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 7th, 2024 at 1:45pm:

Do you have any more recent figures to hand, cockwomble? Any figures that show change in the last 6-7 years?
Any figures to show that things are different today?

Go on, numpty, you have doktoral level research skills, after all.

Yes, Brian, shew us your research skills and find where 3RAR were in 1954, I’ll give you a clue, just Google.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Feb 7th, 2024 at 9:06pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 7th, 2024 at 2:43pm:
Asylum Seekers who know they will be welcomed by the country they are fleeing to, do not disappear.  The  problem is your hostility, Soren.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Illegal immigrants are not welcome anywhere.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #58 - Feb 7th, 2024 at 9:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 6th, 2024 at 9:43pm:

I don't care if you dismiss information from Brietbart but the MSM is nothing but shaped and slanted government talking points. There is no "news" in the once respected media. We have a legal system for immigration and if you don't go through that system you shouldn't be here. This biden encouraged invasion will destroy American culture and make it just another third world shithole. Today Middle America is called right-wing to make Patriotic peace loving Americans become perceived as some sort of fringe group.

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #59 - Feb 7th, 2024 at 9:57pm

Frank wrote on Feb 7th, 2024 at 9:06pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 7th, 2024 at 2:43pm:

Illegal immigrants are not welcome anywhere.

Who was talking about illegal immigrants, Soren? I was talking about Asylum Seekers, who are not illegals.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print