Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
american culture (Read 2132 times)
MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: american culture
Reply #15 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 8:16am

What have the Americans done for us anyway?

Established modern democracy that became the model for the Australian 'Washminster' Consitution

Created the modern world of science and technology

Defended global trade routes allowing Australian exports to be sold anywhere in the world

Defended the country against attack and invasion ensuring that the Australian state would endure

Ensured victory for its Allies in two of the greatest wars in world history

Ended the Australian colonial mindset

Created entirely new genres of popular music and entertainment

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #16 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 12:46pm

Karnal wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 10:43pm:
Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 10:34pm:
Why move?
Australia is a much better place, despite certain shortcomings.

The old boy hates the place. He thinks we're Pakis.

You can't please everybody, dear.

Why would anyone ever think that \you were Pakis?

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 12:48pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 8:16am:

Established modern democracy that became the model for the Australian 'Washminster' Consitution

Defended global trade routes allowing Australian exports to be sold anywhere in the world

Defended the country against attack and invasion ensuring that the Australian state would endure

America has done nothing for the world.
America has made the World do everything for it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #18 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 12:55pm

Debatable.  Most of the world's inventions occurred separate from the US, such as WiFi, an Australian invention.

Quote:

Debatable. The US defended global trade routes for it's own purposes, to enable it to to sell it's goods worlwide.

Quote:

Debatable. Australia was never in danger of being attacked and invaded by anybody apart from the English.

Quote:

Debatable.  Australia's "colonial mindset" was ended by the UN rather than the US.  It was never very big anyway, except perhaps in Queensland with it's delusions of grandeur.

Quote:

Something the US should be proud of,  I suppose.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Reply #19 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 1:25pm

Aww, how cute. Looks like the Chomsky reading Commie is seeking attention while forgoing that kangaroo poo never stinks.

Best of luck.

I know progress has no patience but something's got to give

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Reply #20 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 1:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 12:55pm:

Debatable.  Most of the world's inventions occurred separate from the US, such as WiFi, an Australian invention.

Quote:

Debatable. The US defended global trade routes for it's own purposes, to enable it to to sell it's goods worlwide.

Quote:

Debatable. Australia was never in danger of being attacked and invaded by anybody apart from the English.

Quote:

Debatable.  Australia's "colonial mindset" was ended by the UN rather than the US.  It was never very big anyway, except perhaps in Queensland with it's delusions of grandeur.

Quote:

Something the US should be proud of,  I suppose.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So...in other words....capitalism

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 1:27pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The US does not even closely depend on world trade routes in the way Australia and the rest of the world do.

When Britain abandoned Australia to its fate in WW2. and Curtin told a panicked Australia that only the south would be defended, it was the Americans who decided that all of Australia would be defended - to the eternal gratitude of Australians then and now.

The colonial mindset was ended by the Eisenhower administration which influenced the UN on the matter.

Australian colonial servility towards Britain waned dramatically during WW2 when Australia turned to the US after Britain abandoned Australia.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Reply #22 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 1:55pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 4:30pm:
americans are belligerent, self centered, tribal, narrow minded and aggressive.

God bless America.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 2:15pm

Marla wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 1:55pm:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 4:30pm:
americans are belligerent, self centered, tribal, narrow minded and aggressive.

God bless America.

Marla. Kangaroo poo doesn't actually 'stink'.
I've actually picked up Roo-Poo.
It felt like Roo-Poo.
It smelt like Roo-Poo.
It tasted like Roo-Poo.
I put it back down and thought 'lucky I didn't step on it'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 2:22pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 1:27pm:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The US does not even closely depend on world trade routes in the way Australia and the rest of the world do.

When Britain abandoned Australia to its fate in WW2. and Curtin told a panicked Australia that only the south would be defended, it was the Americans who decided that all of Australia would be defended - to the eternal gratitude of Australians then and now.

The colonial mindset was ended by the Eisenhower administration which influenced the UN on the matter.

Australian colonial servility towards Britain waned dramatically during WW2 when Australia turned to the US after Britain abandoned Australia.

Unlike America that 'rejected' British influence (it threw the Holy Grail away).
Britain's direction for Australia is to 'reject' Australia.
Australia holds as tight as it can on the Holy Grail (Britain).
Because like it or not, the USA - 'is not' the answer either.
Especially when it's politics is closer to that of ancient Rome and Athens having rejected the British version.

Who would you 'politically' ally yourself to?
Italy or Britain? Germany stuck to the 'Hail Caesar' and failed.
France too will fail, because it still bases its empowerment on ancient times and to 'Rome' (Italy).
Even Italy will fail with its Roman past foundation - the MAFIA/Vatican will fail.
Leaving only Britain as the Political Euro entity.
...but Britain's failure will be to 'fade into the west' to reclaim America at the cost of its own country.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #25 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 2:22pm

The US depends on world trade routes a great deal,  without the world, the US would be broke.

Quote:

Funny, I've never read of Curtin doing such a thing.  Care to provide a quote where he did?  The Americans made no such decision, that I can recall.  Care to provide a quote that I can check?

Quote:

Really?  You seem to have sources of information that I've never heard of.  Australia's "Colonial mindset" ended because of Australia's criticism of South Africa apartheid.  They really could do that when holding onto PNG, so they jettisoned PNG and criticised Cape Town.

Quote:

Partially true.  It waned because of the British habit of treating Australia, an independent Dominion as a Colony controlled from London.  It basically ended through the assertion of the ANZAC Pact which was penned in reaction to the Cairo Declaration of 1943.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 2:28pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 2:22pm:

The US depends on world trade routes a great deal,  without the world, the US would be broke.

No, it doesn't.

The US is currently in the process of withdrawing its navy from the defence of world trade routes,

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 2:36pm

Quote:

Really?  You seem to have sources of information that I've never heard of.  Australia's "Colonial mindset" ended because of Australia's criticism of South Africa apartheid.  They really could do that when holding onto PNG, so they jettisoned PNG and criticised Cape Town.

The Roosevelt and Truman administrations, and later the Eisenhower administration told Churchill that the days of colonialism were over - that once the war was over, Britain was to dismantle its empire by granting independence to any colony that requested it.

Colonialism's death knell occurred in 1956 when Eisenhower rebuked the British and the French over the Suez Crisis and demanded their withdrawal.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 2:40pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 2:28pm:

No, it doesn't.

The US is currently in the process of withdrawing its navy from the defence of world trade routes,

Is it?  News to me.  It presently has fleets on station in the Mediterranean, the Atlantic. the Pacific and the Indian oceans.  Do you have any evidence of their withdrawing any ships, anywhere?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 2:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 2:40pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 2:28pm:

No, it doesn't.

Is it?  News to me.  It presently has fleets on station in the Mediterranean, the Atlantic. the Pacific and the Indian oceans.  Do you have any evidence of their withdrawing any ships, anywhere?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The US Navy's withdrawal as a global protector has significant implications for international trade and the global economy, potentially leading to disruptions in supply chains and the rise of Germany and China as major players.

https://eightify.app/summary/international-affairs-and-conflict/us-navy-s-withdr...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print