american culture (Read 2097 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: american culture
Reply #45 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 9:21pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 8:57pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 8:22pm:
ANZUS definitely locked us and the Kiwis into a US Imperial State, why else did we ask when we could down whever Washington asked us to jump?  We ended up in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq at the whim of Washington.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Both Australia and NZ are not locked in to any materiel support for the US.

However, successive governments in Australia have never refused any US request for support.

Funny that, it's almost if we do as we told by Washington.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 9:53pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 9:21pm:
ANZUS definitely locked us and the Kiwis into a US Imperial State, why else did we ask when we could down whever Washington asked us to jump?  We ended up in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq at the whim of Washington.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

However, successive governments in Australia have never refused any US request for support.

Funny that, it's almost if we do as we told by Washington.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I can see why you are friendless, cockwomble. Anyone would be a fool to count or rely on you for anything.
Your motto is " a friend in need is a  - pest".

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #47 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 10:35pm

A Response To a Comment By Joel Persinger

Below is a response I posted to a comment on one of my videos. The comment was from someone who described himself as "a foreigner watching your channel."  You might find it interesting.  Here it is:

Whatever country you are from has a culture that is very different from ours. Consequently, you cannot see our culture in any other way than through the lens of your own. In this country and in this culture, we are citizens, not subjects. If you live in a country where you are a subject, you will never fully understand what it means to be a citizen.

Our Constitution protects the rights of the people, not the powers of the government. [u][u]Nearly every other founding document in the world protects the powers of the government and says nothing of the rights of the people[/u][/u]. If you live in a country like that, you will never fully understand what it is like to live in a country like ours.

Americans are rightfully distrustful of government by nature.  Governments are easily corrupted. Corrupt governments are responsible for oppression, poverty, starvation, and genocide. We have a government because we can't have a country without a government. However, we look upon government as a necessary evil. We detest and distrust it. Politicians are among the most distrusted and hated class of people in this country.

Our government, which is corrupt like every other, is constantly working to undermine our status as citizens and relegate us to the status of subjects. We won't allow that, so we constantly push back. This is why Trump started TruthSocial – why Elon Musk bought Twitter – why Rumble became a thing – why Cody Wilson started Defense Distributed – why I started GunGuyTV, and so on.

This is also why many Americans (probably most) prefer to be self-sufficient rather than to rely upon government. Here are some examples:

· When a power outage happens in my neighborhood, almost nobody is affected by it. Everyone either has solar with backup batteries or emergency generators.

· If there was a food shortage, just about everyone here would simply eat the food they produce. Everybody has a garden and fruit trees - most people have chickens, etc.

· When Black Lives Matter decided to start a riot in a neighboring town, men in my neighborhood armed themselves and prepared to protect the neighborhood. The police were overwhelmed. We were not.

I live in a suburb of San Diego California. You can imagine what it might be like in a rural area.

Now, with that abbreviated look at the American culture, I will try to answer your questions.

· Question: "do u feel insecure over there if u dont carry a firearm?"

No. It is not an issue of insecurity. It is an issue of self-sufficiency. I have no fear of criminals or violence because I can defend myself. I don't need to rely upon a government employee (policeman) to do it for me.

· Question: "Is it that dangerous ?"

It is no more dangerous than any other first world country. That said, violence happens in every country and sometimes in places where people feel very safe. I am unconcerned about it since I have the ability to defend myself against criminal violence.

· Question: "That of u leave your home without u feel u just prey ?"

No. Why would I feel like prey? I'm not. I'm an armed American citizen. Anyone who thinks of an armed American as prey is in for a terrible shock.

The only difference between a Communist and a Democrat is the spelling.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #48 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 10:48pm

Frank wrote on Feb 3rd, 2024 at 9:53pm:

I can see why you are friendless, cockwomble. Anyone would be a fool to count or rely on you for anything.
Your motto is " a friend in need is a  - pest".

The only pest is you, Soren.  Piss off.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #49 - Feb 4th, 2024 at 2:31am

No Brian - you piss off. Frank offers a lot for this Forum.
You offer only yawns, tsks and dearie dearies repetitively.
So go on. Piss off you intellectually lazy pleb soldier retard.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Feb 4th, 2024 at 7:06am

Since WW2, in the interests of national security and cultural sensibilities, it has always been perceived by successive Australian governments to align itself with, and staunchly support, US interests - not so much with NZ, which aligns itself culturally with Britain.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Feb 4th, 2024 at 7:34am

you'd have to be a huge trump fan then bwian

he's the first president to tell americans to get the hell out of foreign wars and treaties and tell allies to stop leaning on the US.

biden with his wars in the ukraine and the middle east must be a disappointment

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #52 - Feb 4th, 2024 at 12:02pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 4th, 2024 at 7:06am:

Since WW2, in the interests of national security and cultural sensibilities, it has always been perceived by successive Australian governments to align itself with, and staunchly support, US interests - not so much with NZ, which aligns itself culturally with Britain.

Yes, but has this been in Australia's best interests?  Australia is an independent state, not the 51st state of the USA.  We have become involved in numerous conflicts that really do not concern us (Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq) at the urging of Washington.  Kiwi land has resisted that as much as possible.  We should follow suit.  We are far enough away and a large enough population to defend ourselves, alone.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Feb 4th, 2024 at 12:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 4th, 2024 at 12:02pm:

Yes, but has this been in Australia's best interests?  Australia is an independent state, not the 51st state of the USA.  We have become involved in numerous conflicts that really do not concern us (Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq) at the urging of Washington.  Kiwi land has resisted that as much as possible.  We should follow suit.  We are far enough away and a large enough population to defend ourselves, alone.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

All true, but you only have to read the subject titles of threads in this forum to see the Australian obsession with all things American that do not concern us - to the degree that a foreigner might wonder if Australians see themselves as quasi-Americans,

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Feb 4th, 2024 at 12:59pm

aquascoot wrote on Feb 4th, 2024 at 7:34am:

you'd have to be a huge trump fan then bwian

he's the first president to tell americans to get the hell out of foreign wars and treaties and tell allies to stop leaning on the US.

biden with his wars in the ukraine and the middle east must be a disappointment

Ouch!! says Bbwian. tsk, tsk.
Trump's policies are identical to Bbwians - Western self-reliance, not hiding in Uncle Sam's shadow.
Gweggy won't be pleased about Bbwian 'worshipping Trump. Double tsk tsk with eyerolls.

« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2024 at 1:21pm by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #55 - Feb 4th, 2024 at 1:17pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 4th, 2024 at 12:36pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 4th, 2024 at 12:02pm:

All true, but you only have to read the subject titles of threads in this forum to see the Australian obsession with all things American that do not concern us - to the degree that a foreigner might wonder if Australians see themselves as quasi-Americans,

A fair point.  I see myself as Australian, not American.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #56 - Feb 4th, 2024 at 1:22pm

While Governor-Generals serve the UK here.
Prime Ministers (both Parties) serve the USA here.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 7:09am

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 4th, 2024 at 1:17pm:
I see myself as Australian, not American.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If this forum represents mainstream Australian society, I'd say having a sense of being Australian is a dying perception.

Australianism has become the poor cousin of imagined Americanism.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #58 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 11:37am

MeisterEckhart wrote on Feb 5th, 2024 at 7:09am:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 4th, 2024 at 1:17pm:
I see myself as Australian, not American.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If this forum represents mainstream Australian society, I'd say having a sense of being Australian is a dying perception.

Australianism has become the poor cousin of imagined Americanism.

Poor fools my countrymen then.  Australianism is making a comeback on the ABC and SBS Tv networks and radio ones as well.  Americanism has many problems, be it as far as guns and the US Constitution is concerned.  The number of times Gun Nuts have attempted to invoke the 2nd in Australia is vast.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

Weed is my Jesus

Colorado
Reply #59 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 3:10am

Kangaroo Rooter culture looks a lot like Alabama

I know progress has no patience but something's got to give

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print