Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: american culture
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 4:30pm

americans are belligerent, self centered, tribal, narrow minded and aggressive.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 5:20pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 4:30pm:

They are also warm hearted, honest, hospitable, loyal, patriotic and faithful friends; their country is also a repository of English language as is much of their spelling.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 5:37pm

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 5:20pm:

They are also warm hearted, honest, hospitable, loyal, patriotic and faithful friends; their country is also a repository of English language as is much of their spelling.

Really?  I suppose from the 18th century when they were established but English has moved on since  then.  I was just reading a thread, on another forum, about what would happen if the US and the UK were mutually unintelligible.  George Bernard Shaw once quipped that the US and the UK were divided by a common language.  I wonder what he was referring to?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 6:01pm

They are also warm hearted, honest, hospitable, loyal, patriotic and faithful friends  ..........

unless you have a differing view to them.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 6:10pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 5:37pm:

Really?  I suppose from the 18th century when they were established but English has moved on since  then.  I was just reading a thread, on another forum, about what would happen if the US and the UK were mutually unintelligible.  George Bernard Shaw once quipped that the US and the UK were divided by a common language.  I wonder what he was referring to?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Actually, Oscar Wilde, The Canterville Ghost (1887):

Many American ladies on leaving their native land adopt an appearance of chronic ill-health, under the impression that it is a form of European refinement, but Mrs. Otis had never fallen into this error. She had a magnificent constitution, and a really wonderful amount of animal spirits. Indeed, in many respects, she was quite English, and was an excellent example of the fact that we have really everything in common with America nowadays, except, of course, language.
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/14522/14522-h/14522-h.htm

Anyway, Sprinty made a very silly generalisation about Americans. Had it been about the Musulmans, you BBwian would have been clucking quite differently - equally stupidly but quite differently.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #7 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 7:32pm

Don't forget religious and hypocritical....Other than that I assume some are nice people???

Wink Wink Wink

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 8:13pm

move there then

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 9:25pm

JC Denton wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 8:13pm:

move there then

The old boy tried that, did you know?

He set sail for Calcutta if you please. Ended up in the doledrums and washed up in the New World, poor thing.

All good, he saw all these backward, tribal tinted races and thought they were Injuns, the silly old fool.

How, they said. And how, he said.

You had to be there. The old boy learned his English watching Bob Hope in those God-awful On the Road matinees.

Anyway, he didn't like the culture over in America and settled on jolly old Oz. More British, he thought. He later found out we'd overturned the White Australia Policy 30 years before he got here, can you believe? Missed it by that much.

And he had no idea about our Boongs. He thought we were like Rhodesia or South Africa without the natives, just lots of soaked old fools in pith helmets and Bombay bloomers.

Too late now, of course. We're stuck with him. Now he pretends he's a passport-carrying Britisher, when he's really just a sunburnt old half-Kraut with sclerosis of the liver. Now you have to point Australia out on the globe and remind him we're not in England. He's always forgetting.

To his credit, I think he's slowly starting to dawn, but one needs to take time when dealing with the NESBers. Short words, lots of gestures and an abundance of patience.

He still thinks he's got a passport. No no, we say, Denmark - Australia. There - here. You get a vote in your Reichstag, old boy, you don't get a say down here.

He still doesn't get it.
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2024 at 9:59pm by Karnal »  

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #10 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 10:34pm

Why move?
Australia is a much better place, despite certain shortcomings.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 10:43pm

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 10:34pm:
Why move?
Australia is a much better place, despite certain shortcomings.

The old boy hates the place. He thinks we're Pakis.

You can't please everybody, dear.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 3:36am

philperth2010 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 7:32pm:

Don't forget religious and hypocritical....Other than that I assume some are nice people???

I would think so, yes

Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 7:48am

Well the Beta 'loser' males of America tend to come from the Black (Africa) & Grey (Oceania) males who are the 'Wankers' of the Country, in love with the size of their dicks. The 'Yobbo' Beta male 'losers' are the Blue (Europe) and Yellow (Asia) - these Wankers & Yobbos belong to the Team: Big Brother Media.

The New World Order team consists of Alpha males and they are the Powerful White (Sahul) and Green (S.America) males with the Alpha Breeders being the Brown (Middle-East) and of course the Red (N.America) themselves.

So you can see, when it comes to 'Culture' in USA - like every other region, it is not absolute in its culture as a single entity, it's made up of a representation from the other Regions as well.

Let's take the Media (Music/Entertainment) itself for an example. In the hands of its Wanker male beta's - its a real negative in N.America. But in the hands of its Alpha women - its a positive.

That's why you will see that Music in Europe is a positive ruled by Alpha Males. But when it comes to N.America & Sahul (Aust) - these 'Music' males become Beta's in the form of American Wankers and Australian Yobbos. Take a look at Peccary for example. Now there's a 'Beta' if ever there was one. American Music males try to be like 'Artists' but fail and its aimed at Youth (for the sex). Australian (Sahul) Music males try to do the same, but it is aimed at Elderly (but for $$$) - as all things Music & Entertainment is 'old' here.  Wink

This is how you discern 'Culture'. Let JaSin of Peanut Butter educate you all on it in his own cultural way. Wink Cheesy

So when you say 'American Culture' - let's take into account your perception of view. Do you see it through the lens of the Lefty/Big Brother Media of America, that obviously is bias against the Religious (NWO) Americans?? Is it through the obesity Yobbos of the Food/Cooking/Restaurant Americans and their bias against the Military orientated Americans who have more money/budget and complain always about 'the food'?

Australian Culture?
Is Australia truly 'all' just like Queensland? FD will say so.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 7:54am

JC Denton wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 1:24pm:

What you see JC Denton is the Black (& Grey) male 'Wanker' denigration of his women because they are the Alphas, not them.
There is a great doco that goes into this about how Black African-American males would treat their women like crap and in the Music industry.
"We were made that a complaint against our Black men was like a complaint (Rape) against our Race!"

Yes, by 'majority' - Black Women are the Positive in America, the males are 'Negative'. This clip is a PIMP MUSIC CLIP and shows the denigration of Black Women. This is what the Music-Media is in the hands of the Males.
Pretty sad to see. Joe Biden Term for you.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print