Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Pascoe’s “Black Duck”, another flight of fancy . . (Read 3905 times)
Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Pascoe’s “Black Duck”, another flight of fancy . .
Feb 8th, 2024 at 8:58am

Pascoe is big on Google, many entries of praise and recognition for his historical and ground breaking [pun] work in restoring the utilisation of native grasses as a crop that will save Australian farmers and benefit the world.
Only Quadrant disagrees and are insensitive enough to publish where the money, grants and donations, goes.
There is also mention of the native grass seed flour that his enterprise is producing; Coles and Woolies are said to be worried.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Pascoe’s “Black Duck”, another flight of fancy . .
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 9:44am

Oh, dear, Oh dear .. are his ideas still getting oxygen?

I thought he'd be allowed to quietly slip away into obscurity taking all his grifted ill-gotten with him - but no - got to 'double down' all the time....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 9:49am

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 8th, 2024 at 8:58am:
Pascoe is big on Google, many entries of praise and recognition for his historical and ground breaking [pun] work in restoring the utilisation of native grasses as a crop that will save Australian farmers and benefit the world.
Only Quadrant disagrees and are insensitive enough to publish where the money, grants and donations, goes.
There is also mention of the native grass seed flour that his enterprise is producing; Coles and Woolies are said to be worried.

Plenty here to show him & all the other BS artists up for the liars & frauds they are.

https://www.dark-emu-exposed.org/

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 9:56am

Gnads wrote on Feb 8th, 2024 at 9:49am:

Plenty here to show him & all the other BS artists up for the liars & frauds they are.

But he is a genuine and proud Rorta Rorta man, of course one doesn’t need to be Aboriginal to be a member of that tribe.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 10:07am

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 8th, 2024 at 9:56am:

But he is a genuine and proud Rorta Rorta man, of course one doesn’t need to be Aboriginal to be a member of that tribe.

Oh?! I thought Bunga Schmunga. No longer?
New evidence?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 10:49am

Frank wrote on Feb 8th, 2024 at 10:07am:

Frank,
It’s possible to belong to more than one people at a time.

Oh?! I thought Bunga Schmunga. No longer?
New evidence?

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 12:21pm

How many here have bothered to read Dark Emu?  Any at all?  No, I didn't think so.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 12:25pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 8th, 2024 at 12:21pm:
How many here have bothered to read Dark Emu?  Any at all?  No, I didn't think so.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Dark Emu has been proven to be a fraud, along with its author.  Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 12:30pm

Belgarion wrote on Feb 8th, 2024 at 12:25pm:

Prove it, Belgarion.  Show us how Pascoe wrote lies in his work. Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 12:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 8th, 2024 at 12:30pm:

Prove it, Belgarion.  Show us how Pascoe wrote lies in his work. Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I don't have to prove it at all. It's already been done:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/anthropologist-and-archaeologist-say-dar...

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/school-life/academics-behind-dark-em...

https://www.smh.com.au/national/debunking-dark-emu-did-the-publishing-phenomenon...

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Aquarius

Australian Politics

Northern Beaches
Reply #10 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 12:53pm

I have the book here - I've actually had it since the early pandemic when I took it out of one of my local street libraries that started up.  I think it was one of the preschool ones - which is a bit worrying if they're teaching this stuff to toddlers! 

Anyway, it's still in the same pristine condition as when I got it as I find I can only take it in small doses.  And maybe that was also the case of the previous owner. 

I also took out another book a few days ago.  This one is Journey into Dreamtime by (Aunty) Munya Andrews.  In the blurb about the author it says she was born to an aboriginal mother and Scottish father and is proud of her aboriginal and Celtic heritage.  This one might be a bit easier to digest.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 2:06pm

Aquarius wrote on Feb 8th, 2024 at 12:53pm:

I have the book here - I've actually had it since the early pandemic when I took it out of one of my local street libraries that started up.  I think it was one of the preschool ones - which is a bit worrying if they're teaching this stuff to toddlers! 

Anyway, it's still in the same pristine condition as when I got it as I find I can only take it in small doses.  And maybe that was also the case of the previous owner. 

I also took out another book a few days ago.  This one is Journey into Dreamtime by (Aunty) Munya Andrews.  In the blurb about the author it says she was born to an aboriginal mother and Scottish father and is proud of her aboriginal and Celtic heritage.  This one might be a bit easier to digest.

Ah, excellent, someone who has read the book, which far more than anyone else here.  What annoys me is that critics like Gnads and so on, never read what they are criticising, they just mouth off their tired old Racist mantras.  Now you claim you can only take it in, "small doses", why is that?  Is the writing bad or are the facts hard to digest?  For me, it is just another part of our rich tapestry of history.  We have competing claims, those of the Colonists and those of the Indigenous people.  Personally they need to be examined and if necessary dismisses.  The weight of evidence appears to be on Pascoe's side of the argument at the moment.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 2:07pm

Belgarion wrote on Feb 8th, 2024 at 12:41pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 8th, 2024 at 12:30pm:

I don't have to prove it at all. It's already been done:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/anthropologist-and-archaeologist-say-dar...

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/school-life/academics-behind-dark-em...

https://www.smh.com.au/national/debunking-dark-emu-did-the-publishing-phenomenon...

All appear to be price-protected, Belgarion and one appears to be from Bolt.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 2:12pm

You mean, one doesn't have to be (racially) Aborigine to be a part of the Yuin Tribe? No you don't - you can participate in Yuin Aboriginal culture. Just like you can be black and from Africa to gain 'citizenship' and suddenly be 'British'.

So racially, he is not Aborigine.
Culturally he is Aboriginal.
...if the Australian Government allows people to 'cash in' via benefits for being Aboriginal, beyond Aborigine. Then the Government is more to blame.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 2:21pm

I've read THE GREATEST REAL ESTATE ON EARTH by Gammage.
It was a great read and makes one feel prouder about this country's worth and all things from the perspective of 'the Land', rather than the Political or Media views of this country.

Dark Emu reminded me much of that Book by Gammage.
It gave me great amazement about another level of this country, that Whities have NOT produced really. Wether it is 51% factual or 97% factual - it showed a new stimulus angle and perception. Sure, it may be 'stylised with some added exaggeration' put on it - but definitely no different to many other Whitey books out there pumping it out in the same way.

Also, there isn't really any substantial works on such a Topic to counter or disprove or prove otherwise. So until there is, I'm happy to go along with Pascoe's interpretation.
Some people took the advice of this land through the eyes of racists, bigots and uneducated.
Gammage took it from the educated, the Surveyors and the more authentic.

So I'll just keep running with the 50/50 until some Whitey really does pump out the truth of the matter, or an Aborigine adds more to it.

Dark Emu? Might be exaggerated, might be propaganda, might have some facts. But it was a great read and says something better of this Land.
The main fact is, at least 'something' is out there - where Whitey has given nothing.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print