Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A wonderful moment (Read 688 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

A wonderful moment
Feb 17th, 2024 at 1:15pm

A Journalist in Darwin had her hair fixed before televising live.
A passer-by approached and fixed her hair twice.
Such a real 'feel good' story worth sharing.
It's the little things in life, that make the biggest difference to a good day.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/heart-fulfilling-scene-to-see-passerby-help...

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: A wonderful moment
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2024 at 11:19pm

A Beautiful Minder...................  ooooOOOHHH!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 10:46pm

I usually feel urges to straighten or fix clothing or push strands of hair back on people so they look better for photos… okay so  I’m the photographer it’s what I’ve learnt to see through the lens …
And funny enough… people like that bit of due care and attention.

Now… another story as a passer by… actually a first responder…. It was about 8.50 am as I’m looking for Dorevitch for tests and I’m lost a bit… back of shops I go to cross car park as u turn and I see something at corner of eye… just fell… I stopped car and looked more closely…. it was an elder well dressed female, she was clutching her left side of chest…. I thought at first … heart attack… she said she couldn’t get up and I started to assure her she didn’t need to, just relax and that I will stay by her side.
I sort of worked out as she took a deep breath, it hurt so she must’ve fallen and cracked her rib/s

I flagged down 2 other cars just with my arm up and both drivers stopped to assist also.
Calling ambo and other one called her family on her mobile that was on the ground.
I was glad about that as I didn’t have my earphones for my mobile phone… I somehow misplaced them and can’t hear without them.
I held her hand the whole time and reassured her everyone is doing a good job.

I asked questions like what’s her name, her age (77) etc and she was worried about her leg and wanted me to look at it, I says it’s okay, just a graze, no blood, she was relieved.
I collected her stuff all over the place after she had fallen…. and then straightened out her clothes!

I dunno… as first responder I felt I owned the situation  Grin
Once ambo came (3 females) I then distanced myself. She was placed in a mobile chair and turned to thank me so I hugged her … don’t know why… just said take care.

Thing is others don’t engage as much… whereas I do. I didn’t know I would be like that until such an emergency situation arises.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 10:52pm

You're such a nice person Sophia.
If that was Aussie or Monk having a heart attack.
I would have kept driving for safety reasons and turned my music up.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 10:55pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 11th, 2024 at 10:52pm:

Grin Grin nah you wouldn’t have … your nursing skills would come to the fore.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 11:16pm

Sophia wrote on Mar 11th, 2024 at 10:55pm:

You're right Sophia.
I would have made them fill out the Private Health Insurance forms first, in triplicate - then put continence pads over their pants and finished with taking $60 from their wallets, while calling an ambulance to take them to a Government Hospital with a long cue to Emergency.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2024 at 11:09am

Jasin wrote on Mar 11th, 2024 at 11:16pm:
Sophia wrote on Mar 11th, 2024 at 10:55pm:

You're right Sophia.
I would have made them fill out the Private Health Insurance forms first, in triplicate - then put continence pads over their pants and finished with taking $60 from their wallets, while calling an ambulance to take them to a Government Hospital with a long cue to Emergency.

Grin Smiley
See that’s what I mean… at least you have a sense of humour! Sometimes we all need a good laugh or two in the day. But saying all that above in jest… there’s some truth to those medical matters and waiting times.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Mar 22nd, 2024 at 12:19am

I went into the store today to ask about that elder lady that fell… how she was doing… found out she had broken 3 ribs in a fall.
That’s got to be painful!
Can’t put plaster on ribs like a broken foot etc.
I was right… it was rib problems.
So I was told she’s not alright…
It takes a couple months to heal there before one can move more freely about.
I’m never going to crack my ribs… I’m too well padded  Grin
My bones are very well protected!

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 27th, 2024 at 2:12pm

I've turned away from humanity again..... neighbour's dog was crying this morning and upset neighbour was arguing with 'the old man' about it instead of loading dog into car... I went over and said 'Neighbour calling out.."  wanting to help maybe lift him into the car...  'the old man' said - "Look now you've got that smacking neighbour involved..."

Waited for a minute or so to see if anyone answered the door... nope .. so went home - later look showed at least four neighbours having helped what looked like a now dead dog into the lady's car (back seat) - all looking at me like I was a mongrel for not helping... dog didn't come home again .... I knew that...

I'm done with humanity for a while.. the bush is sounding good again.... mad-eyed sheilas at woolies trying to order me to use the auto check-out when I told her I didn't use those.. my choice .... then this... no wonder I prefer the life of a monk ...

People are stupid, selfish and frankly insane in the main.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Mar 27th, 2024 at 2:19pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 27th, 2024 at 2:12pm:
I've turned away from humanity again..... neighbour's dog was crying this morning and upset neighbour was arguing with 'the old man' about it instead of loading dog into car... I went over and said 'Neighbour calling out.."  wanting to help maybe lift him into the car...  'the old man' said - "Look now you've got that smacking neighbour involved..."

Waited for a minute or so to see if anyone answered the door... nope .. so went home - later look showed at least four neighbours having helped what looked like a now dead dog into the lady's car (back seat) - all looking at me like I was a mongrel for not helping... dog didn't come home again .... I knew that...

I'm done with humanity for a while.. the bush is sounding good again.... mad-eyed sheilas at woolies trying to order me to use the auto check-out when I told her I didn't use those.. my choice .... then this... no wonder I prefer the life of a monk ...

Aaaww that’s sad. Poor dog. I’m hoping it didn’t suffer too much,
But then again, the things that turn us off humanity!
You did the right thing going to help.
Don’t let them tell you anything different!
I know if you were our neighbour, you would be the best neighbour anyone could have!

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #10 - Mar 27th, 2024 at 5:10pm

My wonderful moment was arriving at the pound for my appointment to view two British Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppies, finding out both had been adopted then being shown Socks as a 12Kg/19 week old puppy.

That moment has just gotten better every day.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Mar 27th, 2024 at 11:26pm

Sophia wrote on Mar 27th, 2024 at 2:19pm:

I know if you were our neighbour, you would be the best neighbour anyone could have!

The dog MAY be all right - sort of - he was in agony this morning from whatever.  No dog sounds like that unless he's in terrible pain.  His lady owner (he's the boss but he lets her think she is) was apparently quite cheerful this p.m. - the Eld Gel can hear them through her window... so we figure he might be in the vet's and getting treatment.

Maybe the fault was her ex-husband's - it was his voice.... and she is carer for him same as I am for my ex.  I'll wait a bit.

Poor old Rusty - whatever it was it hurt!  I went over when the Eld Gel called me and I heard the 'man' next door tell the lady - "Just get the dog ready for the vet's!"  He's like that - it's called a prick, I believe, in polite circles.... and then he said something like "Now you've got the smacking neighbour involved!"  ... and nobody came to the door to hear my offer of help.

Maybe she should just leave him in a nursing home or something and keep the dog.

All this and the old guy across the road has cancer and his daughter couldn't get an ambulance for seven hours and can't get him palliative care or even home care.  Joys of getting old.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 27th, 2024 at 11:30pm

Sophia wrote on Mar 27th, 2024 at 2:19pm:

The dog MAY be all right - sort of - he was in agony this morning from whatever.  No dog sounds like that unless he's in terrible pain.  His lady owner (he's the boss but he lets her think she is) was apparently quite cheerful this p.m. - the Eld Gel can hear them through her window... so we figure he might be in the vet's and getting treatment.

Maybe the fault was her ex-husband's - it was his voice.... and she is carer for him same as I am for my ex.  I'll wait a bit.

Poor old Rusty - whatever it was it hurt!  I went over when the Eld Gel called me and I heard the 'man' next door tell the lady - "Just get the dog ready for the vet's!"  He's like that - it's called a prick, I believe, in polite circles.... and then he said something like "Now you've got the smacking neighbour involved!"  ... and nobody came to the door to hear my offer of help.

Maybe she should just leave him in a nursing home or something and keep the dog.

And the old guy across the road has cancer - near-terminal - and his daughter couldn't get an ambulance for seven hours and can't get him palliative care or even home care.  Might have to do the floors and stuff myself and give him our home care worker.

Joys of getting old.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print