Send Topic Print
Alcohol (Read 3418 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Alcohol
Reply #30 - Feb 25th, 2024 at 9:46am

Alcoholics.
...making sublime excuses.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #31 - Feb 26th, 2024 at 4:16pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 25th, 2024 at 9:46am:
Alcoholics.

I have never made excuses for my drinking.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Feb 26th, 2024 at 10:06pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 26th, 2024 at 4:16pm:
Alcoholics.

But your drinking has for you.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Feb 27th, 2024 at 11:01am

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 25th, 2024 at 3:39am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 24th, 2024 at 8:21pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Feb 24th, 2024 at 7:57pm:
...... If I WAS drunk—not that I was—I would have been sober a few hours later. ............ 

There is an interesting query - for how long does the full effects of alcohol stay with you?
Not just to blow 0.00 in a breathalyser or after a few days.
When ALL the effects have totally gone and new habits have emerged and those have taken effect.

The alcohol is out of your system within 24 hours. Unless you have had so much to drink that 24 hours later, your blood test results come back with a 0.02 BAC reading. I could imagine that would only happen to me if I went to bed completely wasted at 10pm and got up the next morning ready to go to work by 2pm. Most people usually have the alcohol out of their system to be able to drive by the 12 hour mark. But, like I said, some people might well be so inebriated, that they would have to wait 24 hours before they are able to drive.

The total effects would depend on the person. If I went sober, as I have done in the past, for 8 weeks, I would probably be back to being the sober person I was in my teens. Physically, I was well on my way to being fit. But, I would have to rely on my attitude and willingness to be physically capable of going for a jog, ride my bike, or lift more than usual. Going 2 weeks without getting drunk, I notice how much better I am than the few days after recovering from my hangover.

Yes, alcohol has longer term effects I believe.
After 2 months of no drink at all I was happier with myself than after 3 weeks.
After 4 months with no drink at all the old habits are gone and replaced with new better habits.
For me, it has to be no drinks at all. Easier to 'keep count' that way.

I've spent some time with people who drink and they are ..... manic? Totally lose their more sensitive nature.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #34 - Feb 27th, 2024 at 3:39pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 26th, 2024 at 10:06pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 26th, 2024 at 4:16pm:
Alcoholics.

But your drinking has for you.

Do you mean that because I drink, I can make excuses for myself? Does not apply. The other night, I started drinking at 10pm. I fell asleep at 2am. Woke up at 5. Kept drinking that same 1 litre bottle of scotch until it was empty at 8am. Went back to sleep and woke up at 2pm to get ready for my shift at work.

No excuses. Just challenging myself to get through a 1 litre bottle of scotch inside a 12 hour timeframe. With that immaturity all done for, I can concentrate back on work and study.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #35 - Feb 27th, 2024 at 3:44pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 27th, 2024 at 11:01am:
After 4 months with no drink at all the old habits are gone and replaced with new better habits.

I've spent some time with people who drink and they are ..... manic? Totally lose their more sensitive nature.

I cannot remember certain words that I want to use. If I go 2 weeks without drinking, I am hungry to read and get everything straightened out that I should have done in the past. The last 10 month sobriety I achieved, I had the entire house clean; the lawn was consistently mowed; I saved enough money that I was quickly paying off my credit card; I lost about 35kg; and I managed to get through my day without having to snack.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #36 - Feb 27th, 2024 at 4:48pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 27th, 2024 at 3:44pm:

I cannot remember certain words that I want to use. If I go 2 weeks without drinking, I am hungry to read and get everything straightened out that I should have done in the past. The last 10 month sobriety I achieved, I had the entire house clean; the lawn was consistently mowed; I saved enough money that I was quickly paying off my credit card; I lost about 35kg; and I managed to get through my day without having to snack.

Wow, that is a big turnaround

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Feb 27th, 2024 at 6:59pm

Alcohol turns Christians into Satanists.
Also, turns many a man into a woman - his balls drop off and his penis tries to hide away up inside the body.
Alcohol also tricks the mind into thinking that it knows what it is thinking.
You can see this in action when a drunk trips over their own feet.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #38 - Feb 29th, 2024 at 1:25pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Feb 27th, 2024 at 4:48pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 27th, 2024 at 3:44pm:

Wow, that is a big turnaround

In 10 months, you can basically have a whole lot of things done when you have an extra 4 days a month free that you were not wasting on drinking alcohol. Plus, you might as well add an extra 2 days a month to that, because the hangover you have the next day makes you about 50% efficient.

I remember feeling that weight come off me in the first few months. I kept feeling hungry for much of the time until my body righted itself and made snacking seem unnecessary. It was breakfast, lunch and dinner. And those meals were spaced very well. I had the energy to do more than what I had done in a long time. And when you feel better about yourself, you do a lot more.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #39 - May 8th, 2024 at 4:18pm

Promises, promises.

The other day, I walked into the bottleshop looking for my usual stress-reliever. The attendant asked if I needed help. I said "Yeah, that is why I am here". She did not laugh... or smile for that matter. You could hear her eyes rolling. It was then and there that I decided that this day was going to be the last time I walked into a bottleshop for purchase.

Promises, promises. Maybe it was the scotch on the rocks I had for the first time that triggered the decision not to have any more.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - May 17th, 2024 at 9:44pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 8th, 2024 at 4:18pm:
Promises, promises.

The other day, I walked into the bottleshop looking for my usual stress-reliever. The attendant asked if I needed help. I said "Yeah, that is why I am here". She did not laugh... or smile for that matter. You could hear her eyes rolling. It was then and there that I decided that this day was going to be the last time I walked into a bottleshop for purchase.

Promises, promises. Maybe it was the scotch on the rocks I had for the first time that triggered the decision not to have any more.

Good on you. A good decision to make for your own self.
If it has a 'hiccup' along the way, don't worry.
Just make that same decision again.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #41 - May 19th, 2024 at 8:44pm

Not a good start to sobriety when your dreams feel like you are drunk and make no sense. Maybe my mind is purging the effects.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #42 - May 19th, 2024 at 9:00pm

Dunno if this relates to alcohol but I learned the right way to quit smoking.

Reduce the number of ciggies smoked and look for motivation. This motivation must not be about your own health or life expectancy else you will just smoke a lot more!

I found my motivation, quit and never smoked a ciggy, cigar, pipe or joint or bong.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Hidden Location (Yaamba)
Reply #43 - May 20th, 2024 at 12:58am

I did go without drinking for about 7 months back in 2019. It took me a week to get over the craving. But the craving for alcohol only started after I had been sober for 2 weeks. By the month, I no longer had any desire to visit any bottle shops.

My stomach had been gurgling last night. So, I felt that it definitely the right time to be serious about quitting alcohol. I have been promising to stop since 2021. But that July of 2021 had me hit the wall with some psychological issues that spiked my drinking. Oh, I wish I could have those years back.

I'm going for a walk tonight. I have a canister of diluted apple cider vinegar to really begin the alcohol cleanse of my body. I know that acv prevents the withdrawals very well.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - May 20th, 2024 at 3:28am

Jovial Monk wrote on May 19th, 2024 at 9:00pm:
Dunno if this relates to alcohol but I learned the right way to quit smoking.

Reduce the number of ciggies smoked and look for motivation. This motivation must not be about your own health or life expectancy else you will just smoke a lot more!

I found my motivation, quit and never smoked a ciggy, cigar, pipe or joint or bong.

Well done.

I gave up drinking for a number or reasons, not just one.
I wanted more from my life and retirement and my wife merited as good a husband as I can be.
I was a bit bored of it, I have better things to do with my life.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print