freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: foundations
Reply #30 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:35pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:33pm:
freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:31pm:
I would say that she is deliberately misleading people (at the very least), and you are gullible for falling for it. She is actually quoting the statements that she alleges Hawke agreed with - not quoting Hawke himself. I expect if we saw the actual exchange she based that off, it would be even further from the truth.

OK - so you believe that none of the decisions on mass immigration have been made in secret
and as a conspiracy between the two major parties?

No.

And even if it were true, it would be to their detriment and to the benefit of a host of other parties.

Further, the topic cannot be kept off the table. It is a perennial issue for a vocal minority.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #31 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:38pm

freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:35pm:
I would say that she is deliberately misleading people (at the very least), and you are gullible for falling for it. She is actually quoting the statements that she alleges Hawke agreed with - not quoting Hawke himself. I expect if we saw the actual exchange she based that off, it would be even further from the truth.

OK - so you believe that none of the decisions on mass immigration have been made in secret

No.

And even if it were true, it would be to their detriment and to the benefit of a host of other parties.

Further, the topic cannot be kept off the table. It is a perennial issue for a vocal minority.

OK - so when did you last get to vote on it?

What politician stood up and said -

'vote for me to get mass immigration for
much higher rents and much higher property prices'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #32 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:39pm

1948 and every election since, Bobby.  We all did.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #33 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:39pm:
1948 and every election since, Bobby.  We all did.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:59pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:38pm:
freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:35pm:

No.

OK - so when did you last get to vote on it?

That is called direct democracy Bobby. We have representative democracy. Both are democracy. It would be more than a full time job for every Australian to inform themselves on every proposal and every piece of legislation. Not liking the outcome is not the same as not having democracy.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #35 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 6:06pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:24pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 4:57pm:
A government of Two Parties has no separate party .... no Opposition ... only we Few ... we Happy Few .. we Band of Brothers.... for he who stands with me today IS my brother - whether he be so base...

BOTH support mass immigration .... both go against the wishes of The People.... two 'parties' in lockstep constitute a one party 'government' - anathema to our form of democracy..... fine for North Korea ....

It's better than North Korea but our democracy has been usurped
by those who make the most important decisions in secret.

John Howard's 'mandate' in operation - they all do it - contrary to what Brian says - the Australian people do NOT get a direct vote on it at election time... some rights, some issues, some mandates, some usurpations are more equal than others... some issues of Wrecking A Silly Nation are core issues requiring secrecy and 'taking the Fifth Amendment' from governments, or non-core issues requiring the same... (or the Alan Bond defence...  I...I... I... **weep**... I ca.. can't ... rrremember...)

A series of referenda would change the political landscape of Australia - not least by forcing the major parties to go behind our backs and thus show what they are really made of... as they are doing with the 'voice' thing.

I don't hear Club Voldemort coming out and saying - WHEN elected we WILL .... (lists series of issues crying like voices in the wilderness)...   e.g.  cut down the Voice tree spreading like saltbush under every state ... hold a full review of immigration policy and its real effects and then control it far better  ..... enforce a review of 'gender' moves so as to cut out the possibility of clear abuse such as a 'mother' claiming her tiny tot is 'transgender' for the five minutes glory she'll get... not to mention unnecessary administration of massive doses of contrary hormones and surgeries without proper pre-treatments ...

Just another little thing... the 'transgender' agenda says that poor widdle kiddies aren't getting the 'care' they need... meaning huge drug infusions contrary to their biology and even surgeries contrary to it... when the reality is that such claimants to a 'difference' receive - depending on priority and triage - EVERY legal treatment available to them... starting with finding out WTF is wrong with their heads (apart from Internetophiliac Disorder (ID) and Mobile Phoneomania (MPM) and Weapons of Mass Distraction leading to Self-disembowelment (WMDSD) a.k.a. Imaginary Hara-Kiri (IHK - as in 'take a 'IHK'), all having symptoms including mass hysteria and induced feelings of self-harm etc and confusion over nature accompanied by a failure to act out on those things, accompanied by eyesight failure leading to over-introspection that causes them to fail to see reality even when they stumble over it or it falls on them)...........

Clearly their 'rights' are being abrogated right there giving due cause for another jihad.... and throw in Anti-Israelia for good measure.....
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2024 at 6:12pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #36 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 6:11pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:41pm:

Every party has an immigration policy, Bobby.  It is part of their policy platform.  Even since Eddie Ward stood up and declared that Australia must, "populate or perish," they have pursued a policy of mass migration.  Up to you to read it, Bobby, ignorance is no excuse.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #37 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 6:14pm

freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:59pm:
That is called direct democracy Bobby. We have representative democracy. Both are democracy. It would be more than a full time job for every Australian to inform themselves on every proposal and every piece of legislation. Not liking the outcome is not the same as not having democracy.

But immigration is such a fundamental issue that it deserves to be out in front
and high up on the political agenda.

Something is going on and I only have unproven theories to explain it.
All Western countries are suffering from it.
Europe and the UK are in a mess from it - so is the USA.
It's affected Australia and NZ  too.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #38 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 6:16pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 6:11pm:

Every party has an immigration policy, Bobby.  It is part of their policy platform.  Even since Eddie Ward stood up and declared that Australia must, "populate or perish," they have pursued a policy of mass migration.  Up to you to read it, Bobby, ignorance is no excuse.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't mention immigration at the next election -
it wasn't mentioned in Dunkley -

I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.   tsk  tsk  tsk    Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #39 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 6:16pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 6:11pm:

Another half-baked policy idea with no sunset clause and with no requirement for valid review at the end of a given period just like affirmative action and all the other Monsters From The Id so clearly apparent in 'social sciences' these days .... full steam ahead - damn the torpedoes!!  Damn the cities and wait for the earthquake to bring down the future vertical slums rising to the sky.... leaving what looks like fingers pleading to the Heavens sticking through the surface of the grave of a once-great idea...

Where is The Lawn Mower Man?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 6:25pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 6:16pm:
Another half-baked policy idea with no sunset clause and with no requirement for valid review at the end of a given period just like affirmative action and all the other Monsters From The Id so clearly apparent in 'social sciences' these days .... full steam ahead - damn the torpedoes!!  Damn the cities and wait for the earthquake to bring down the future vertical slums rising to the sky.... leaving what looks like fingers pleading to the Heavens sticking through the surface of the grave of a once-great idea...

Where is The Lawn Mower Man?

https://postapocalypticcities.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/the-5th-wave-2016.jpeg

Dear Grappler,

our politicians are doing their best to turn Australia
into a 3rd world shithole like Calcutta.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #41 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 8:46pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 6:14pm:
freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 5:59pm:

But immigration is such a fundamental issue that it deserves to be out in front
and high up on the political agenda.

Something is going on and I only have unproven theories to explain it.
All Western countries are suffering from it.
Europe and the UK are in a mess from it - so is the USA.
It's affected Australia and NZ  too.

Not having a democracy is a pretty grand conspiracy to invoke to explain something you don't understand.

Were you living in a cave during the children overboard scandal?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 9:56pm

freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 8:46pm:
Not having a democracy is a pretty grand conspiracy to invoke to explain something you don't understand.

Were you living in a cave during the children overboard scandal?

The politicians haven't explained it so don't be surprised if
people invoke huge conspiracies to explain it.

How can you explain bringing millions of people here when
there are no proper places for them to live in?
I've heard stories of 6 Indians living in a 40m2 one bedroom Unit.
We already have the living conditions of 3rd world countries and maybe worse.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #43 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 10:09pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me, Bobby, you really are a WOFTAM.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #44 - Mar 3rd, 2024 at 10:17pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 3rd, 2024 at 10:09pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me, Bobby, you really are a WOFTAM.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It's all caused by WOKE idiots like you.

Rents have doubled in the last year for many people
as landlords know they can get more money.
Units went up 27% in price in one year in some suburbs.

People are living in cars and under bridges or couch surfing at friend's places.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 84
Send Topic Print