MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: foundations
Reply #630 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:19pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:10pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 11:38am:
Quote:
Of course: the freedom of the 'might is right' slaughter-house.

So a warthog is free from 'might is right' as exercised by a lion, then?

??

Obviously not: the warthog is free UNTIL it is eaten by the lion. 

Obviously a warthog might remain free for its entire life if it is lucky enough to avoid lions.

But humans cannot avoid interacting with other humans due to the complexity of human desires - and range of instinctive and non-instinctive behaviours, in nature's "might is right" slaugher-house, take it from Moses.

Try again.   

Can you define freedom, such that the warthog is free until it isn't?

Is the lion also free?

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #631 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:28pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:01pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 11:59am:
We can and must do better.

How do you know we can do better?

Human scientific and artistic achievement. 

If we can establish a colony on Mars, we can create a new civilization on Earth.   

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #632 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:33pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:28pm:

If we can establish a colony on Mars, we can create a new civilization on Earth.   

Ah, the old, 'we can put a man on the moon, but we can't make a pen that doesn't dry up' argument, eh!

BTW we haven't established a colony on Mars.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #633 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:36pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:18pm:
But we can see how FD's and Meister's confusion - the resukt of ideological blindness - are leading them astray...

You haven't defined freedom yet but you argue it exists in nature. Can you dig it up? Harvest it? Hunt it down and prepare it for consumption?

Who's confused?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #634 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:40pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 11:51am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 11:39am:
That's not how true democracy works...  Ein Herr, Ein Vote, Ein Volk!!

That'd be: Ein Mann, eine Stimme, ein Volk

Yeah - I wasn't quoting literally - just making a point...

A politician, of course, being more informed on the real issues, must perforce have higher voting power.... the people are but as cattle in the fields....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #635 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:43pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 11:41am:
freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 11:31am:
The only thing more dangerous than a Nazi trying to exterminate you is a communist trying to feed you.

FD confusing Stalin's communism, with rule of law engendering community wellbeing.

FD providing an excellent example of the crippled reasoning which follows his delusional ideology; which is why he is incapable of addressing the argument. 

I was thinking of the CCP. They starved 50 million Chinese people to death by trying to feed them all equally. Were you aware of that?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #636 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:45pm

We were doing extraordinarily well until the woke sprang upon us from whatever dark shadows they inhabit... the feminists, the gays, all the rest of them..... now look at the State of The Disunion ....

My poor Krell - they could scarcely have understood what was destroying them, in the floods of emotive insanity overwhelming their reason and sanity .... a billion seconds of shining sanity overturned in a single nightmare .... Monsters from The Id ..... what chance does reason enjoy against such things?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #637 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:49pm

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:43pm:
The only thing more dangerous than a Nazi trying to exterminate you is a communist trying to feed you.

FD confusing Stalin's communism, with rule of law engendering community wellbeing.

FD providing an excellent example of the crippled reasoning which follows his delusional ideology; which is why he is incapable of addressing the argument. 

I was thinking of the CCP. They starved 50 million Chinese people to death by trying to feed them all equally. Were you aware of that?

Ah, Mao's 'hold my beer' moment, Stalin challenge.

"Me show you comlade Starin.. 10 meowin? Chickin feed... How bow 50 meowin? How you rike dem apples?"

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #638 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:29pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:40pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 11:51am:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 11:39am:
That's not how true democracy works...  Ein Herr, Ein Vote, Ein Volk!!

That'd be: Ein Mann, eine Stimme, ein Volk

Yeah - I wasn't quoting literally - just making a point...

A politician, of course, being more informed on the real issues, must perforce have higher voting power.... the people are but as cattle in the fields....

The problem is our polies are as misinformed as the "cattle" - a major problem....

btw, re "made up jobs" - your words - there is difference between performance of USEFUL work, cf with your  "made up jobs". 

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #639 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:36pm

I know you were thinking of the CPP, given your ideologically crippled  brain, as I noted - which is why you can't answer the substance of my posts; at least Meister (mostly) tries....

Quote:
"..trying to feed them all equally. "

another example of equality before the law going wrong, like people sleeping in city streets with 'equality before the law')

« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:54pm by thegreatdivide »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #640 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:38pm

thegreatdivide wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:36pm:

I know you were thinking of the CPP, given your ideologically crippled  brain, as ai noted - which is why you can't answer the substance of my posts; at least Meister (mostly) tries....

Quote:

another example of equality before the law going wrong, like people sleeping in city streets with 'equality before the law')

That is not what equality for the law means. Is there any word in the English language do you not fail to understand? You did pretty much the same thing with slavery.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #641 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:40pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:45pm:

We were doing extraordinarily well until the woke sprang upon us from whatever dark shadows they inhabit... the feminists, the gays, all the rest of them..... now look at the State of The Disunion ....

My poor Krell - they could scarcely have understood what was destroying them, in the floods of emotive insanity overwhelming their reason and sanity .... a billion seconds of shining sanity overturned in a single nightmare .... Monsters from The Id ..... what chance does reason enjoy against such things?

Er....we have NEVER done "extraordinarily well" in our human history of endless wars and entrenched poverty.

What universe are you living in?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #642 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:41pm

Back when the CCP was busy starving 50 million of it's citizens to death by trying to feed them all equally, they actually had them convinced that they were wealthier than the Americans. They are still trying to same trick today.

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #643 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:47pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 12:49pm:

Ah, Mao's 'hold my beer' moment, Stalin challenge.

"Me show you comlade Starin.. 10 meowin? Chickin feed... How bow 50 meowin? How you rike dem apples?"

Ah...a moment when FD and Meister can agree....but sorry to burst your bubbles; see my reply to  FD's post, (when it appears.... who is responsible for the bug in FD's  thread?). 

IP Logged

thegreatdivide
Gold Member

Australian Politics<br
/>

Reply #644 - Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:52pm

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:38pm:
thegreatdivide wrote on Mar 18th, 2024 at 1:36pm:

I know you were thinking of the CPP, given your ideologically crippled  brain, as ai noted - which is why you can't answer the substance of my posts; at least Meister (mostly) tries....

Quote:

That is not what equality for the law means. Is there any word in the English language do you not fail to understand? You did pretty much the same thing with slavery.

'Equality before the law' -  in your deluded ideology - means everyone is equal before the law, regardless of individuals' different capacities to compete under your delusional 'natural rights'-based law.

See the problem?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 83
Send Topic Print