Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Send Topic Print
abo kids zip tied in WA (Read 3771 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: abo kids zip tied in WA
Reply #45 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 7:40am

John Smith wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 7:39am:
freediver wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 7:39am:
Were you traumatised by something like this as a child John? What makes you think these kids will be?

I'd bet you'd be traumatised if you were ever forced to think for yourself.

Are you the one who got traumatised by a nun saying mean things to you?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 7:42am

freediver wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 7:40am:
Were you traumatised by something like this as a child John? What makes you think these kids will be?

you already on the drugs at this time of the morning FD?  Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #47 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 7:49am

John Smith wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 7:42am:

I reckon most kids would be far more emotionally resilient than you.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 7:51am

freediver wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 7:49am:

Since you've already proven to be a moron, what you reckon is irrelevant

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #49 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 8:00am

John Smith wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 7:51am:
freediver wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 7:49am:

Since you've already proven to be a moron, what you reckon is irrelevant

Did you post something complaining about nuns mistreating you as a child?

IP Logged

Aquarius

Australian Politics

Northern Beaches
Reply #50 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 8:10am

He shouldn't have tied them up and he will rightly be held responsible for that.  However they shouldn't have been there in the first place.  I'm concerned about their mother not even knowing where they were.  But that's typical of Aboriginal parenting - it's basically non existent. The kids were only 6, 7 and 8.  What would have happened if one of them had drowned in that pool?  Also they had to clambour over a high fence to get into the backyard.  Do Aboriginal parents think that is ok?  That you can invade someone else's property because it's a hot day and you feel entitled to use that pool in the backyard. 

Obviously the mother feels it's ok.  She doesn't feel she needs to know where her kids are and what they are up to - unless they get caught.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #51 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 8:21am

Aquarius wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 8:10am:
He shouldn't have tied them up and he will rightly be held responsible for that.  However they shouldn't have been there in the first place.  I'm concerned about their mother not even knowing where they were.  But that's typical of Aboriginal parenting - it's basically non existent. The kids were only 6, 7 and 8.  What would have happened if one of them had drowned in that pool?  Also they had to clambour over a high fence to get into the backyard.  Do Aboriginal parents think that is ok?  That you can invade someone else's property because it's a hot day and you feel entitled to use that pool in the backyard. 

Obviously the mother feels it's ok.  She doesn't feel she needs to know where her kids are and what they are up to - unless they get caught.   

Agree.
I watched the mum being interviewed and since they are only 7/8 yrs of age, she thought they were “down the road” and I’m thinking… what sort of neighbourhood is safe to let kids that young, on their own… down the road without regularly checking?
Apparently these kids have gone trespassing to swim in that pool quite a few times.
Zip tying is a bit harsh, but it’s not the kids he wanted to punish…it’s the mother for not keeping track of her kids whereabouts.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 8:30am

Yadda wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 12:03am:

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT.......

During the absence of their own children [who were all under 8 yrs old],  .....the parents had no knowledge of where their children were.
......and apparently, they had no care to know.     .......otherwise they would have reported them missing?

[If the children were 'missing' from school, wouldn't the school have a LEGAL obligation to notify the parents that their children were missing/absent from school ???? ]

BUT/WHEREAS.......   .....as soon as the parents find out [their children have been a nuisance to someone else - AND BECAUSE THEY WERE 'APPREHENDED'].........the parents then pretend that they care about their children's safety ????

Surely, that is what it looks like ?        .......THE PARENTS CHOOSE TO, PUBLICLY, MAKE A 'GRIEVANCE' COMPLAINT......against the person who 'found' their children.

Q.
And why weren't the children subsequently, immediately taken into the care of the state ?

Such an action [by the state], being legally justified, on the presumed basis,
of the apparent abandonment of these children, by their parents
?

And,  .......why weren't the parents charged with abandonment, of their children ?

[How can their parents claim, that they have not abandoned their children ?]

nuisance = = a person or thing causing inconvenience or annoyance.         an act which is harmful or offensive to the public or a member of it and for which there is a legal remedy.

Oh I didn’t realise that. Well obviously there’s been complaints about the mum before to not keep tabs of children so young.
Honestly, I was so adamant about my children and where they were and with whom… I kept tabs relentlessly and even as young teens, I said no matter what time… I will always come pick them up from anywhere. Eg: daughter said recently how grateful she was that even at midnight she could call and I’d pick her and friends up after a teen dance club.

But 6, 7, 8, year olds should not be wandering streets alone. They should be in their home, watching tv, or doing homework, or drawing etc

IP Logged

AusGeoff
Gold Member

Sage of Gippsland

Victoria
Reply #53 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 9:15am

I'm afraid too many people here are missing the crux of this scenario
by pointing the finger at the parents' lack of care and responsibility.

The real point is that these little kids should never have been restrained
in such an abusive manner for merely swimming in someone's backyard
pool.  Of course they should've been severely reprimanded, but not by
tying them up and disabling them physically.  Detainment should be the
job of the police—not just some random stranger who wants to take the
law into his own hands.

In fact, I'd be guessing he knew the kids, and should've reported this
trespassing to the police.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #54 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 9:26am

Quote:

^ this person has never had any experience with the police in relation to how they deal with aboriginal children frequently committing crimes

IP Logged

Aquarius

Australian Politics

Northern Beaches
Reply #55 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 9:49am

AusGeoff wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 9:15am:
I'm afraid too many people here are missing the crux of this scenario
by pointing the finger at the parents' lack of care and responsibility.

The real point is that these little kids should never have been restrained
in such an abusive manner for merely swimming in someone's backyard
pool.  Of course they should've been severely reprimanded, but not by
tying them up and disabling them physically.  Detainment should be the
job of the police—not just some random stranger who wants to take the
law into his own hands.

We are NOT missing the crux of this incident. Understand this - we believe that this tradie should NOT have tied up the kids.  We understand that he will be properly dealt with by the police and the courts. 

But as parents of kids and grandparents of young children we KNOW that the mother of these very young Aboriginal kids was NOT exercising her parental responsibilities to properly supervise her kids and protect and safeguard them from harm. 

Not to mention instilling good values in her kids by educating them about respect for other people's property!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #56 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 12:57pm

Gnads wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 6:53am:
Jasin wrote on Mar 6th, 2024 at 10:08pm:
JC Denton wrote on Mar 6th, 2024 at 8:58pm:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-06/broome-man-charged-with-restraining-child...

was there even a crime here?

amazing no one has posted about this yet

It's emotional blackmail against a man doing it.
But if big Momma did it and with a wooden spoon - she would be praised.

Kids (19 and under) are off-limits to male punishment or discipline, etc, etc.
But a Woman can whip their arses to high heaven for all the public cares.

...if a kid tried 'emotional blackmail' by exhibiting violent or bad behaviour to a male adult, the male adult need only get a woman to step in and that kid runs a mile as the 'emotional blackmail' just doesn't work anymore.  Grin

Grin Love to see the style of woman that would be able to whip the arse of any child between 13 & 19????

I've seen many. I've even seen women 'physically' work harder with heavier things to deal with and sometimes violent in Aged Care/Psyche, better than what I saw from quite a few over-paid useless buggers in Construction.

I once had some 'Houso' family scum across from a good friend's place causing all sorts of grief (like stealing and hoarding the stuff in the vacant holiday house next door) for them (like shooting a nail gun at them). I confronted the Mother and her kids, where the 18 year old got tough with his 'emotional blackmail', towards me and I defused him easy by telling him my big Polynesian (female) friend Tuifa will be coming over to belt him (and his mother up) and he quickly shut his gob and backed off. No need for me to use my 'Big Hands' to pin him to a tree.
...with the loophole - if he 'hit the woman back', then as a male adult, I can take a bit of action and steel cap his arse.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #57 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 12:59pm

Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #58 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 1:01pm

Why couldn't they have 'friendly' asked his permission first, because it was a hot day and he could have supervised them so they didn't drown and he get charged for anything for the sake of 'blame'?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #59 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 1:02pm

Sophia wrote on Mar 7th, 2024 at 8:21am:

Agree.
I watched the mum being interviewed and since they are only 7/8 yrs of age, she thought they were “down the road” and I’m thinking… what sort of neighbourhood is safe to let kids that young, on their own… down the road without regularly checking?
Apparently these kids have gone trespassing to swim in that pool quite a few times.
Zip tying is a bit harsh, but it’s not the kids he wanted to punish…it’s the mother for not keeping track of her kids whereabouts.

Remember that guy who took a swim in the Lodge pool at Kirribilli during Rudd's stay and he was charged with trespass.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Send Topic Print