Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
"Racism" is a social construct without evidence (Read 7625 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: "Racism" is a social construct without evidence
Reply #30 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 1:22pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 12:22pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 11:08am:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me, boys you seem to be accepting my point and trying to turn it to your own ends.  There are no major differences Genetically between the so-called "races".  Geneticists would laugh themselves silly reading the bullshit you post, you really are foolish in the extreme.  Go home, you're wasting all our time with your outmoded belief in the "races".  They do not exist.  All the "Races" are identical Genetically.   Any differences are superficial and meaningless.  Children.  Tsk, tsk, tsk... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You must be the only one in the world who thinks races don't exist

The United States Census Bureau mentions "race" three times in this one paragraph ...

"Though many respondents expect to see a Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish category on the race question, this question is asked separately because people of Hispanic origin may be of any race(s). The Census Bureau collects these data in accordance with the 1997 Office of Management and Budget standards on race and ethnicity."

Where does that leave you? .... up the creek without a paddle

I am not alone, ask any Geneticist, Bias.  You are the one who believes that "Races" are anything other than a social construct.  Run along, back to your rock, you really are a fool.  You don't understand what is being discussed here.  There are no major differences Genetically between the various "races", they can all interbreed.  There is only one "race", the human one.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 1:34pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 1:22pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me, boys you seem to be accepting my point and trying to turn it to your own ends.  There are no major differences Genetically between the so-called "races".  Geneticists would laugh themselves silly reading the bullshit you post, you really are foolish in the extreme.  Go home, you're wasting all our time with your outmoded belief in the "races".  They do not exist.  All the "Races" are identical Genetically.   Any differences are superficial and meaningless.  Children.  Tsk, tsk, tsk... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

The United States Census Bureau mentions "race" three times in this one paragraph ...

"Though many respondents expect to see a Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish category on the race question, this question is asked separately because people of Hispanic origin may be of any race(s). The Census Bureau collects these data in accordance with the 1997 Office of Management and Budget standards on race and ethnicity."

I am not alone, ask any Geneticist, Bias.  You are the one who believes that "Races" are anything other than a social construct.  Run along, back to your rock, you really are a fool.  You don't understand what is being discussed here.  There are no major differences Genetically between the various "races", they can all interbreed.  There is only one "race", the human one.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Totally irrelevant.

Social constructs are more significant than genetics. Interpersonal relationships are not based on DNA matching. Beauty, attractiveness, ugliness, cowardice, laziness, honourableness, dishonesty, etc, etc have zero genetic markers but are very signfificant and the ability to perceive them is in every human being. Similarly, racial or ethnic traits are readily perceived by everyone and rough and ready conscusions are drawn from them, as from the perception of other socially constructed aspects of the human world.

You are banging on about an irrelevancy, cockwomble. Kinda sums you up.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 1:46pm

Is this man

1 Norwegian

2 Korean

3 Saudi

4 Eskimo

5 Thai

6 Algerian

7 Aborigine

How can you tell??

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 2:52pm

Frank wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 12:38pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 10:15am:
JC Denton wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 9:58am:
"white skinned" doesnt necessarily imply ancestry

Yes, that's what I said. You're proof that anal sex fiddles with the mind.

'White' in the US is a term that has morphed into a term to indicate socio-economic status, social privilege, political alignment, and/or patriotism.

However, most Americans and those in the Anglosphere still presume it refers to 'race' and in Australia, it is used to refer to nothing but 'race'.

'Hispanic' is a term that means different things to Americans depending on their geolocation.

I don't think 'white' in America - or anywhere else - refers to socio economic status or political alignment or patriotism.
In any case, even if it did, this would make sense ONLY as a distiction from off-white demographics. But to say that whites are richer, more patriotic and of a particular political alignment is preposterous.

A highly educated, affluent, polite and cosmopolitan black man doesn't become 'white' on account of his civilisational acheievements. When he attains that level of civilisation his race as a black man will not disappear but it will hardly matter, scientifically or otherwise.

Geez, this is a politics forum and you don't think 'white' refers to affluence, privilege, political alignment or patriotism?

Where does the current disparaging epithet 'some old white guy' come from? What could it mean, you wonder.

In terms of patriotism, in the US the southwestern states were once part of Mexico, so owning your Hispanic roots has connotations of not being patriotic to the US.

'His race as a black man', eh! What a tosser you are.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 2:58pm

Genetically between the various "races", they can all interbreed. 

Not only could our ancestors interbreed, but they did and whenever they got the chance - being driven by the instinct towards genetic diversity.

How else can modern European sapiens possibly carry a percentage of Neanderthal DNA?

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 3:11pm

You'd better write a letter to the The United States Census Bureau then, and put them right

BTW You are still carrying on with your depravity and insults tsk tsk ... Do you understand now that you don't practice what you preach?

« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2024 at 9:33pm by Bias_2012 »  

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 3:14pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 2:52pm:
Frank wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 12:38pm:
MeisterEckhart wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 10:15am:
JC Denton wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 9:58am:
"white skinned" doesnt necessarily imply ancestry

Yes, that's what I said. You're proof that anal sex fiddles with the mind.

'White' in the US is a term that has morphed into a term to indicate socio-economic status, social privilege, political alignment, and/or patriotism.

However, most Americans and those in the Anglosphere still presume it refers to 'race' and in Australia, it is used to refer to nothing but 'race'.

'Hispanic' is a term that means different things to Americans depending on their geolocation.

I don't think 'white' in America - or anywhere else - refers to socio economic status or political alignment or patriotism.
In any case, even if it did, this would make sense ONLY as a distiction from off-white demographics. But to say that whites are richer, more patriotic and of a particular political alignment is preposterous.

A highly educated, affluent, polite and cosmopolitan black man doesn't become 'white' on account of his civilisational acheievements. When he attains that level of civilisation his race as a black man will not disappear but it will hardly matter, scientifically or otherwise.

Geez, this is a politics forum and you don't think 'white' refers to affluence, privilege, political alignment or patriotism?

Where does the current disparaging epithet 'some old white guy' come from? What could it mean, you wonder.

In terms of patriotism, in the US the southwestern states were once part of Mexico, so owning your Hispanic roots has connotations of not being patriotic to the US.

'His race as a black man', eh! What a tosser you are.

The great divide comparison is coming more and more into focus....

How many of the homeless in America, Australia, Britain are "some old white guys"?

I don't  think, nor do you, that Kanye West or Kamala Harris are white even though they are far more affluent than me or most white people anywhere. The former supported Trump, the latter Biden.

As for patriotism, you are talking nonsense (again),  as if the 19th century was a reliable guide to the 21st.  Louisiana was French once, Alaska Russian. Does that mean heir inhabitants today, 200 years on,  are tainted with being less patriotic?

You have a little learning but you really don't know what to do with it, other than regurgitate it randomly.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 3:54pm

Frank wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 3:14pm:

How many of the homeless in America, Australia, Britain are "some old white guys"?

I don't  think, nor do you, that Kanye West or Kamala Harris are white even though they are far more affluent than me or most white people anywhere. The former supported Trump, the latter Biden.

As for patriotism, you are talking nonsense (again),  as if the 19th century was a reliable guide to the 21st.  Louisiana was French once, Alaska Russian. Does that mean heir inhabitants today, 200 years on,  are tainted with being less patriotic?

You have a little learning but you really don't know what to do with it, other than regurgitate it randomly.

Your inner bitchy fag is at high noon.

Get out of the toilet block and google the issue with identifying as Hispanic in the southwestern states of the US and most parts of the south.

Unbelievable you haven't heard of the 'white guy' negative epithet referring to 'unearned' privilege and affluence and used ad nauseam by 'the woke' and many non-Anglo groups particularly in the US, but also in the UK and Canada.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 7:04pm

First 'NATIVE' American actress Lily Gladstone to win Academy Award.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/lily-gladstone-the-very-first-native-americ...

...because anyone else born in America is not 'Native' born.
Wink
Racism and Culturalism innit?
Such is the Media's corruption of Politics.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 7:39pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 3:54pm:

Get out of the toilet block and google the issue with identifying as Hispanic in the southwestern states of the US and most parts of the south.

Unbelievable you haven't heard of the 'white guy' negative epithet referring to 'unearned' privilege and affluence and used ad nauseam by 'the woke' and many non-Anglo groups particularly in the US, but also in the UK and Canada.

Thank you, parrot.

As you were. We'll  call you.

IP Logged

MeisterEckhart
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 7:47pm

Frank wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 7:39pm:

Thank you, parrot.

Who's we'?? You live alone.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 7:51pm

MeisterEckhart wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 7:47pm:

Thank you, parrot.

Who's we'??

The sane.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #42 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 8:28pm

Frank wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 7:51pm:

Thank you, parrot.

Who's we'??

The sane.

Well that certainly excludes you, Soren.  You are the most insane person here.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Mar 8th, 2024 at 8:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 8:28pm:
Frank wrote on Mar 8th, 2024 at 7:51pm:

Thank you, parrot.

Who's we'??

The sane.

Well that certainly excludes you, Soren.  You are the most insane person here.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy
Recognising you as a befuddled cockwomble who yawns and tut tuts is not insane, Bbwian.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2024 at 10:53am by Frank »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Mar 9th, 2024 at 9:07pm

When you applaud Aboriginals, what are you recognising and applauding, cockwomble?

What IS the Aboriginality that you recognise as different to you or me if not ancestry, ie racial identity passed on genetically.  If there is no such thing as race, what IS aboriginality, wgphat is Africanness, what is a Jew, an Arab, a Chinese, a Japanese, Maori, Indian, Papuan or Eskimo??

All the same? No diff?  Of course there is diff. It is obvious to everyone.  Everybody recognises racial differences. They are obvious and evident. Only an idiot like you would pretend not to see them.

The second thing is - if they are different, as evidently they are, what is the rank order, the hierarchy?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print