Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Looking back on Mungo Man (Read 4096 times)
chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Re: Looking back on Mungo Man
Reply #30 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 7:51pm

'The oldest ground stone tools appear in Australia about 10,000 years before they appear in Europe, suggesting that early Australians were more technologically advanced in some of their tool manufacturing techniques than was traditionally thought'
Australian Museum.
Conservative Australians have old tools.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:03pm

I've just heard they've found tools about 2.5millions old, probably hominids. I forget specifically where sorry.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:04pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 10th, 2024 at 6:59pm:
Jasin wrote on Mar 10th, 2024 at 6:37pm:
Civilisation: When Humans prey upon Humans.

They have preyed upon each other long before civilisation came about. Even chimps prey upon each other from differing tribes.

The fossilised bones of a group of murdered humans dating back 10,000 years have been found in Kenya.

Yeah - but they didn't consider it honourably 'civilisation' back then as if it was a great thing, especially for 'money'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #33 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:09pm

Yes they did. Nghaloonga said it was honourably civilisation in Kenya News, 7076 BC. He was fined for bank fraud and insurrection.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:21pm

It is amazing that Aborigines today can and do make a DIRECT unbroken, unchanged connection to Aborigines 40,000 years ago. And they are proud that nothing has changed in 40,000 years.
I would very much respect them if they insisted on carrying on that life, untouched by post-1788 modernity. But wanting to be be BOTH pre-historic and have all the trappings of modernity is schizophrenic.

It is an obvious psychic, cultural shock and burden, to come out of pre-historic stone age to a modern, industrial democracy without ever going through the intervening stages.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:29pm

Well Frank, there is an established (by CSIRO evidence) Songline that has lasted for 25,000 years that sings about the Coastline being 25kms out further when the ocean levels were lower.

Now 25,000 year old songs kinda sums up the word 'amazing' considering Writing is just a few thousands of years old as 'materialistic' evidence and even then, the evidence isn't 'common' and connected to the people of today - many changes, adaptions and more.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:32pm

Boongs lived for 40,000+ years ago at the least, 120,000 at the most.

Europeans, Asians, etc - obliterate each other prolifically in just the last 6,000 years. They'll be lucky to last just the next 500 years!  Grin Grin

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #37 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:39pm

Frank wrote on Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:21pm:
It is an obvious psychic, cultural shock and burden, to come out of pre-historic stone age to a modern, industrial democracy without ever going through the intervening stages.

You see that in Celtic rituals with tartans and bagpipes. Some speak in English through the shaggy moustache.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #38 - Mar 10th, 2024 at 10:39pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:29pm:
Well Frank, there is an established (by CSIRO evidence) Songline that has lasted for 25,000 years that sings about the Coastline being 25kms out further when the ocean levels were lower.

Now 25,000 year old songs kinda sums up the word 'amazing' considering Writing is just a few thousands of years old as 'materialistic' evidence and even then, the evidence isn't 'common' and connected to the people of today - many changes, adaptions and more.

Did they talk to the whales, too?  Seems that sheila in WA got her ideas from that NZ Movie Whale Rider or whatever it was.

Amazing indeed - we'd all need to see exactly where the CSIRO got that....

On a dark and midnight drear
An Ancient Abo seer drew near
And in his hand he held a bark
And on it here was written dark...

Hear me when I tell you true
The bloody ocean had shot through
And left a beach so bloody wide
We had to wait for every tide
To be sure we didn't come to grief
When we went out to The Bloody Reef.

Which raised its ragged teeth up high
For every bloody passerby
So if you slipped just once by heck
You'd end up just a bloody wreck.

The ocean rose
So went this song
'Til Captain Cook
He came along
And took his aim
Right at that sh
i
t
So on the Reef he struck a blow
The rest is something you all know.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #39 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 5:48am

Frank wrote on Mar 10th, 2024 at 7:27pm:
. Obviously tutored by white ideologues.

Someone joined 65000 years of ancestry with 'continuous culture'. They're different things, maybe true and maybe not. The Denisovan input of 3-6% of DNA in Australia, up to ~14000 BP suggests mixed cultures. It's even possible that Denisovans were creative and sensitive souls who did dance routines and dominated culture.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 7:07am

The more admixture in a race, the more robust against such things as diseases, it is and the more adaptable to conditions and changes it is.
The San in southern Africa have the greatest genetic diversity due to admixture 'through time' than any other people's by a good percentage. They have both modern admixtures and ancient DNA's that are now lost to nearly all of the races of today.
If an ancient virus (for hypothetical reasoning) was dug up in the Siberian permafrosts melting that modern races have no immunity against, the San at least will still have the genetic coding to be immune from it.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 7:32am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 10th, 2024 at 3:39pm:
Looking back on Mungo Man – human remains millennia older than the pyramids – 50 years on - his discovery changed everything we knew about Indigenous Australians - for the better.

More likely Mungo Man was never an Aboriginal. A humanoid here long before Aboriginals?

So yes ... it could change what we know or is claimed to be known about Aboriginals.

Mayhap they haven't been here as long as they claim? .... which has varied from 20 to 30k & has jumped in increments as the stakes get higher to 65K yrs ago now.

Perhaps probably no longer than the dingo - which they bought to the continent.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 8:04am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 10th, 2024 at 5:48pm:
As expected, the Racists think up excuses to denigrate Mungo Man, rather than celebrate his life for what it was - an Australian Indigenous person's.  My ex-brother-in-law was there, when Mungo Man was discovered.  His discovery turned the archeological record on it's head.  It showed the Indigenous Australians were here long before the arrival of White Man and that Australia was their land. Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Thing is Bwyan .. they don't know what he was.
Maybe he is completely different from what is known about Aboriginals?

If Mungo Man is as old as they calculate  maybe he is as significant a connection to what all peoples have descended from... not just the modern descendants of Aboriginals?

Why do Aboriginals think he is one of theirs? or has any connection historically, genetically, traditionally or culturally??

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 8:11am

Jasin wrote on Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:29pm:

The CSIRO doesn't deal in "songlines". It's supposed to deal in science.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Mar 11th, 2024 at 8:13am

Jasin wrote on Mar 10th, 2024 at 8:32pm:
Boongs lived for 40,000+ years ago at the least, 120,000 at the most.

Europeans, Asians, etc - obliterate each other prolifically in just the last 6,000 years. They'll be lucky to last just the next 500 years!  Grin Grin

In isolation .... but not in isolation. If you do your research.

And they were also always warring between inter-tribal & clan groups .....

just like they do in remote communities today.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print