Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
TV Programmes presently being watched (Read 815 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

TV Programmes presently being watched
Mar 31st, 2024 at 10:29pm

The Queens that Changed History - SBS ondemand.

Six Queens that changed history.  They stood up and proved they were as capable as the men who dominated society.  It starts with Elizabeth I, then progresses to Queen Anne and  then looks at the reign of Victoria.  All face different problems which they overcome and flourish against.  They then go onto look at  Hatshepsut, a Pharaoh of ancient Egypt, then Eleanor of Aquitaine and fine they look at Boudicca.  All are interesting characters who rule their kingdoms well.  Grappler would hate this series cause it shows women in a good light, his misogyny would be forced to be reconsidered in a big way if he was honest with himself.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: TV Programmes presently being watched
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 5:24pm

The Rise And Fall Of Boris Johnson - ABC Iview

An in depth analysis of the Boris Johnson and his failings as PM.  He led the UK out of the EU and then he led the UK as PM into disaster.  He was big, he was bumptious and he was loud.  He was a populist and he was a failure ultimately.  He earnt the title as the worst PM of the UK.  Well worth watching cause it puts his successes and his failures into perspective.  He was a womaniser.  He was not the best PM the British could have had. He was more suited to Australia based on his performance personally.  9 out of 10.   Cool

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 5:59pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 5th, 2024 at 5:24pm:

An in depth analysis of the Boris Johnson and his failings as PM.  He led the UK out of the EU and then he led the UK as PM into disaster.  He was big, he was bumptious and he was loud.  He was a populist and he was a failure ultimately.  He earnt the title as the worst PM of the UK.  Well worth watching cause it puts his successes and his failures into perspective.  He was a womaniser.  He was not the best PM the British could have had. He was more suited to Australia based on his performance personally.  9 out of 10.   Cool

I couldn't justify spending more than five minutes watching anything about that clown.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 6:07pm

Presently being watched

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Who the HELL talk like that???
Sandy Stone and Bbwian. They must be related.

« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2024 at 10:05am by Frank »  

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2024 at 11:21am

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 5th, 2024 at 5:59pm:

I couldn't justify spending more than five minutes watching anything about that clown.

I think it is important that the reality of people like Johnson is known widely.  Did you know his grandfather was Turkish?  Soren would hate him for that and for his taking the UK out of the EU.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2024 at 11:36am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 6th, 2024 at 11:21am:

I think it is important that the reality of people like Johnson is known widely.  Did you know his grandfather was Turkish?  Soren would hate him for that and for his taking the UK out of the EU.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Hmm, four episodes almost an hour long each.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/rise-and-fall-of-boris-johnson

I'll watch the first one, and see how it goes.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2024 at 1:22pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 6th, 2024 at 11:21am:

AND American- born to boot. Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2024 at 4:19pm

Two shows that you seriously need to get into ...

The Brothers Sun ... on Netflix

...and Dark Winds ... SBS on Demand. This one got an 100% rating on rotten tomatoes, well deserved.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2024 at 4:52pm

mothra wrote on Apr 6th, 2024 at 4:19pm:
Two shows that you seriously need to get into ...

The Brothers Sun ... on Netflix

...and Dark Winds ... SBS on Demand. This one got an 100% rating on rotten tomatoes, well deserved.

They both look good - I'll check them out.

I just finished this series on Apple:

Really, really good.  Very binge-worthy.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2024 at 5:10pm

Looks like another standout performance from Gary Oldman .. shame i don't have Apple TV.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 6th, 2024 at 6:57pm

mothra wrote on Apr 6th, 2024 at 5:10pm:
Looks like another standout performance from Gary Oldman .. shame i don't have Apple TV.

Yes, he's brilliant in it.  The entire cast is excellent.

I don't have Apple TV either, but someone included me on their account as a 'family member'.  Pretty cool   Smiley

Apple has some great stuff.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #11 - Apr 11th, 2024 at 10:50pm

Shakespeare: Rise Of A Genius - ABC Ondemand

It is 400 years since one of the most influential works of English literature was created.  The First Folio was published in 1623, seven years after the death of William Shakespeare. Brought together by two of his friends, John Heminges and Henry Condell, ‘Mr. VVilliam Shakespeares comedies, histories, & tragedies. Published according to the true originall copies’ is a collection of 36 of the Bard’s works, and without it, much of his work would have been lost for future generations.

The BBC brings together experts, directors and actors who speak most eloquently about William Shakespeare and his works.  Well worth watching.  9 out of 10.   Cool

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 6:17pm

Vikings: The Rise and Fall - SBS ondemand

Vikings: The Rise and Fall is an interesting series which details the rise and fall of the Vikings as they rampage across Europe, the near east and the North Atlantic.  It details their military successes and their civil affairs and how much we owe the Scandinavians.  They were able exploiters of division amongst Europeans and managed to conquer nearly all the UK, much of Northern France, Russia Iceland and Greenland.  They exploiters of the rivers and seas as a communication method.  Soren should be glad of his heritage but sorry for what they did to native Europeans.  8 out of 10, a good series to watch.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 6:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 6:17pm:
Vikings: The Rise and Fall - SBS ondemand

Vikings: The Rise and Fall is an interesting series which details the rise and fall of the Vikings as they rampage across Europe, the near east and the North Atlantic.  It details their military successes and their civil affairs and how much we owe the Scandinavians.  They were able exploiters of division amongst Europeans and managed to conquer nearly all the UK, much of Northern France, Russia Iceland and Greenland.  They exploiters of the rivers and seas as a communication method.  Soren should be glad of his heritage but sorry for what they did to native Europeans.  8 out of 10, a good series to watch.

The Normans were Vikings - Danes.  The Danes made England after 1066. They made Sweden and Norway, too.
Norse literature and mythology are central to north-western European imagination, along with Celtic and Christian sources - and with that, Australian imagination.

You are more Dane than you realise, cockwomble. We aren't proud of you, runt, but there it is.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 6:33pm

Loudermilk, on Netflix.

Brilliant!

Laugh out loud funny.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2