no different to the job network

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: what even is the ndis
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:10am

Most of it. Very little makes it through in the form of useful services. Picture a council worker leaning on a shovel with a team of 10 bureaucrats in support.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Aquarius

Australian Politics

Northern Beaches
Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:25am

JC Denton wrote on Apr 5th, 2024 at 10:58am:
how much of this thing is a big scam

The part that is run by the mussos - which is quite a big part apparently.  Not content with being caught out in the childcare rorts and scams, they turned their attention to the NDIS for easy pickings.

One musso syndicate skimmed NDIS funding from disabled users of the scheme via inflated invoices to the NDIS for rebates netting multi millions before they were caught. 

They were also accused of working with the families and support persons to exaggerate their disabilities to get extra funding.

It's all soooo easy - thanks Julia.   Angry

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:28am

Aquarius wrote on Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:25am:

The part that is run by the mussos - which is quite a big part apparently.  Not content with being caught out in the childcare rorts and scams, they turned their attention to the NDIS for easy pickings.

One musso syndicate skimmed NDIS funding from disabled users of the scheme via inflated invoices to the NDIS for rebates netting multi millions before they were caught. 

They were also accused of working with the families and support persons to exaggerate their disabilities to get extra funding.

could you stop turning every thread into a conversation about muslims please i wanted to talk about something else

take your monomaniac obsession elsewhere, this is like peccary and trump

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:30am

aquascoot wrote on Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:06am:
its all a big scam

money for pen pushers and administrators and grifters

no different to the job network

yes the job active network is very bad

a large chunk of australia's economy is middle man rorts in some form or another

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:47am

whenever governments offer up a big honey pot of cash (in this case 10's of billions), players will play.

and when you are locking that money into supporting people who are often very intellectually disabled, how hard is it to say you are providing some level of service you arent

to say you are sending physios or speech therapists to spend time (all billed to the ndis) when you arent

who would know?

can you ask a severely disabled brain damaged paraplegic with a 2 million dollar package whether the physio came every day this week?

you cant

they wouldnt even know

so its just money for jam

and every time you call the client, you can bill their package for providing a service

its a bigger scam then third party  personal injury lawyers who at least can be held to account for their upselling and overcharging becasue the client has some understanding of whats going on

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:51am

is it true there are plans on it where social workers will pretend to be your friend or travel with you overseas or some sh1t? seems insane

IP Logged

goosecat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 12:01pm

Too many issues to list really but here's just a small sample I was told the other day by a cleaner who does NDIS work. The elderly couples whom are not disabled ( in her opinion), treat it as free money for jam. One of the measuring tools for NDIS assistance is whether you require assistance. Every elderly couple claims one of them needs assistance because the other does something for them. She listed arthritic hands as an example. Does your partner turn on taps for you? that's assistance for personal grooming. Is it too painful in your mind to get out of a chair without your husband helping you? that's assistance. That demonstrates a qualification for paid assistance. Ironically, for all those single persons whom have just as much or more pain and suffering, but have to find a way and take more opioid pain medications and even crawl when they have to, whom are in pain every day but mange to survive without assistance, DON'T qualify. The further irony of course, is that in reality they are the ones who actually need assistance more than anyone whom has a partner already with them to help. That's exactly how she described it to me. Elderly couples taking the system for a ride.

IP Logged

Aquarius

Australian Politics

Northern Beaches
Reply #9 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 12:01pm

JC Denton wrote on Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:28am:
Aquarius wrote on Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:25am:

could you stop turning every thread into a conversation about muslims please i wanted to talk about something else

take your monomaniac obsession elsewhere, this is like peccary and trump

Well if muslim organised crime gangs weren't so involved in these scams, I wouldn't have to!  And then maybe the poor and vulnerable individuals who have to rely on this wretched scheme would get the care and services they so desperately need.

You can close your eyes and ears to this rorting but others are less inclined to. 

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 12:40pm

JC Denton wrote on Apr 5th, 2024 at 11:51am:
is it true there are plans on it where social workers will pretend to be your friend or travel with you overseas or some sh1t? seems insane

pretty much

i think even down to the ndis paying for sex workers for the disabled.

certainly if you are an NDIS worker, you can use ndis funds to go on a fishing charter or to a theme park or the movies and rakew the disabled person with you.

golf, going to the gym, to the beach

if you are a carer, the ndis pays for you and the client to do whatever the client wishes to use the funds for (to "be all that they can be")

and the funding is very generous

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 12:42pm

as an example several local riding schools have NDIS accreditation

they charge the clients package about 200 to 300 an hour to let clients come and pat a horse

this used to all be done for free under "riding for the disabled"

now it costs the taxpayer a motza and the people are greedy grifters, not truly compassionate volunteers

IP Logged

goosecat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 1:18pm

This s a touchy subject but over half of all NDIS spending is on children under 14. Another example related to me by multiple women (mothers at school), concerns effectively the unspoken and undetected low level Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy issue and government monies (NDIS and Centrelink). Each listed cases of mothers they believed deliberately fed their kids high sugar, junk food, soft drink, even coffee at 11pm etc (their examples and words) knowing psychologically it leads to attention for them and eventual ADHD diagnosis and government monies. It's a subject you cannot discuss in media or general public, but it is constantly mentioned to me by other mothers.
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2024 at 1:40am by goosecat »  

IP Logged

goosecat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 2nd, 2024 at 12:05pm

Todays NDIS story: Had my gutters cleaned by a couple: Husband on roof, wife acting ground staff. Wife used to work for NDIS at low management level. Now semi-retired, helps husband with gutter cleaning. Job before mine according to the wife was for a partially deaf woman.  Very wealthy according to them, on holidays at her beachfront holiday home. Got NDIS approval for partial deafness. Now I don't know how this works but she got NDIS to approve and pay for her gutter cleaning!! How is paying someone to clean your gutters any different for either disabled or non-disabled? I can understand severe disability requiring assistance to co-ordinate such, but to actually pay for gutter cleaning, for the wealthy, due to partial deafness! Hmmmm.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2024 at 1:37pm by goosecat »  

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - May 2nd, 2024 at 1:55pm

It's an attempt to ensure a form of national insurance for the genuinely disabled, who would otherwise not be able to afford treatments and care - and by providing in-home care, its aim is/was to not incur the costs of hospitalisations....

Well - it's interesting.... when I left hospie after cardio bypass - it was explained to me that keeping me per day in hospie was $2000 or so - but  hire car to take me to my doorstep was $200...

Heeeeey... Flanders.... what happened to all the billions from 'privatisation' scams that were supposed to pay for hospital and ambulance and fire upgrades and such?  Nothing but new ways to subject the peasants to neo-poverty and continue the 234 year old massive divides in this country between the fat arseholes and the others standing in line for the scaffold, applying for a place in Tent city while paying ever-increasing costs just to stay alive while the fat cats suck every cent out they can get?  Jeez - this could be Mainland China....

**pullls up rock beside fire for lunch break**

"You know - I've known a few Abos and anyone who wonders why so many of them are angry doesn't know what they had to put up with at the bottom of the scale when it comes to a fair go here.  The reality of how they were most often treated actually hit home when governments here decided that the best way to resolve 'relationship violence' was to launch a war...  say what? ... against a specified social group.

Now you are seeing the very results I predicted long ago.... when you attack a certain group in your own country, violate their genuine legal rights, and disempower them and rob them of often a lifetime of work to satisfy some whinger (kind of a Bruce Decision, you know - guilty because he's a bloke with piggy eyes and he doesn't have the world's fattest cheque book) - you create the environment I discussed for yez yesterday........ insult and abuse lead to insurrection and anger......... when you boot down a bloke's door because his lady friend has had one too many and goes the rat, and then, as so often happened, bash him up and fit him up ass bad cops so often did - you did not solve the problem any more than the big Abo in town punching down on the smaller guy - you just give the smaller guy more incentive and motivation to take revenge - remember the Dalai Lama I quote so often about violence?

Anyway - clearly a fake magistrate who helped create this situation via automatic 'conviction' and the very cops who did it, become the targets..... now that single lone bloke has not the wherewithal to take on City Hall with all its guns....... so who does he/she go after?

You know who..... so rather than controlling and reducing violence - the violent approach has created exactly what I told you a couple of years ago - the umpteenth time - all that has happened with this approach is that violence and anger have risen, and casualties are rising on all sides.... and the most vulnerable are.... the most at risk.

If you're wondering why cops wear cameras now - it's not to prevent people making false allegations against them...... hello???  You awake yet?

Now - dunk-heads - how do you go about repairing the clear harm in the past caused by this wrongful approach of trying to control violence by punching down (courtesy of Ross (Rooskin) Mayo the commo) on people you may possibly suspect on the basis of any complaint at all, and especially when they belong to a certain group ?????  Why do you now imagine that same group is taking EVERY possible opportunity to get back and punch down on the Rest of Australia - most of whom had nothing to do with it.... but just like those Jewish women forced to run into a ditch to be shot .... never having harmed a soul is meaningless when City Hall comes after you. 

Who ya gonna call to fix all this madness that has gone on for far too long?  Another pack of legislative donkeys who'll vote for more powerful storm troopers or another pack of lunatic 'feminists' baying at the doors for the blood of Piggy Eyes?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print